Page 20 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1819202122 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Coaching Change?

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    A drastic change isn't required IMO.

It the 3-4 bonehead plays a game that maybe will be a difference maker.

It's not pulling off the throttle just because you score 3 TDs. It's adjusting your plan if the opposing D has sniffed out your initial plan.

None of that requires wholesale changes. Just tweaks. Tweaks Cam was unwilling or unable to make.
    Truth!

I feel relieved yet slightly nauseated - good organizations generally don't do this kind of thing mid-year.

Hahaha, someone ALREADY updated Jim Caldwell's Wikipedia page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Cal...rican_football)

James "Jim" Caldwell
    (born January 16, 1955) is an American football coach who is currently the Offensive Coordinator for the Baltimore Ravens. He was the head coach of the Indianapolis Colts from 2009 to 2011 and he also served as the head coach of Wake Forest from 1993 to 2000.

Blog Entries
    Here we go

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Re: Coaching Change -- Cam Cameron has been Fired

This move alone gives me hope to perserve our season and make a deep playoff run.

Everyone is accountable. I see no issue with holding a HC accountable if need be. Doesn't mean he is no longer capable of being a HC.
    Agreed.

And given this teams track record, even if they had to force Harbs' hand, they are smart enough to do so in a way he still saves face.

Given the way he was yelling at Cam yesterday, I am willing to bet Harbs is at least ok with this move and didn't fight it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlacco View Post
    I'll tell you this much. I love knowing that Denver has absolutely no clue what to expect from us next week.
    I think you're exaggerating a little bit. You can't expect our offense to undergo a complete overhaul in one week. They'll have some clue but we just need to add in a few wrinkles.

Re: Coaching Change -- Cam Cameron has been Fired

Quote Originally Posted by zing! View Post
    Steve Biscotti is a hands off owner, but he is a fan as well and his emotional investment is the largest of all (course he paid for the team lol). I'm sure he shared frustrations similar too many fans when watching the team play. I am just surprised they did it when the season was on going because their style is too usually let things play out and make decisions at the end of the year. I'm happy no doubt, but also kind of perplexed at the decision.
    Hands off to some degree.
    He has mentioned publicly on a few occasions that he "talks Draft" with Ozzie all the time.
    Stevie was the one pushing the trade up deal for Matt Ryan, but Ozzie talked him off the ledge.

Everyone is accountable. I see no issue with holding a HC accountable if need be. Doesn't mean he is no longer capable of being a HC.

No one would ever confuse Steve B with Jerry Jones.
    Yet.

Harbaugh very much should be held to account. But at the end of the season. If this is being done now from above, you are in danger of losing the entire team.

Blog Entries

This is good news. As much as I thought he needed to go, I wasn't going to be upset with keeping Cameron through the end of the year. I'm not big on firing a coach mid-season. But I'm also far from upset they let him go. Einstein famously said the definition of crazy was doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Cameron was even worse than that. He'd do things differently sometimes, get a better result, and then go back to what hasn't worked in years.

That he was fired during the year suggests to me that Cameron wasn't doing what Harbaugh wanted, and the frustration over that finally became too much for Harbaugh to take. Something must of have happened yesterday, probably during the second half or OT, that was the final straw.

I doubt Bisciotti made the call. That doesn't seem to be his or Newsome's style, to me. Both of them seem to operate under the philosophy of hiring people you can trust to do a job, then trusting them to do it, and while it hasn't always been pretty for Harbaugh has vindicated that trust with the best winning percentage in the NFL over his tenure as HC. The "only Super Bowls count" mentality among some fans is just stupid: that's like judging Phil Ivey as not being a great poker player because he hasn't won the WSOP Main Event. I don't care how good you are: winning in the WSOP Main Event or winning the Super Bowl requires a high degree of luck, even if that luck is not running into something strange that hurts you.

Aaron Wilson‏@RavensInsider

Jim Caldwell is a popular coach among the Ravens' players. Move is being welcomed

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Da Vida View Post
    I feel relieved yet slightly nauseated - good organizations generally don't do this kind of thing mid-year.
    Remember in 2006 when Brian Billick fired the OC? Worked out pretty well for us, went from 4-2 at the time to 13-3. You need to make sure that coaches know that they will be held accountable for their actions. If you let them rest of their prior accomplishments, they won't ever have an incentive to pull great seasons out in the future.

If anybody can defend CC's playcalling over the past few years, I'm all ears.