Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Shout out to Jarrett Johnson!

Eisenberg points it out in his column today that he is sad to see JJ not on this team for this run!

I second it whole heartedly as the Ravens "Iron Man" sits and watches his former team compete! So here is a shout out to him!

Blog Entries

Re: Shout out to Jarrett Johnson!

No doubt!!! I hated seeing him go and I hate that he is missing this!

Hate that he is not here as well...

But "this is a business" as most free agents say when going after the money (instead of the ring!)

+1 It really sucks that he spends such a long time here and the year he leaves they get to the big one.

Blog Entries

I don't feel sorry for the millionaire. He got what he wanted. Money is more important.

The same thing happened to Wally, the LT before JO. He was franchised and pissed. Finally he left and ended up
    in NO when they were still really bad and the Ravens win the SB right after that. I laugh at him everytime I hear
    him on the radio but he got what he wanted.

The guys I feel sad for are Heap and Mason who contributed to so many wins here but were cut and just missed it.
    Bisciott can still give them a ring if he wants to and probably will but it won't be the same w/o being here.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    I don't feel sorry for the millionaire. He got what he wanted. Money is more important.
    Exactly....they wanted the money, so tough cookies! Count your millions, while your teammates holdup the Lombardi!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Blog Entries

Are we so sure that Ozzie made JJ an offer though? I've kinda been assuming that they just wanted to get younger and let JJ walk.

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    Are we so sure that Ozzie made JJ an offer though? I've kinda been assuming that they just wanted to get younger and let JJ walk.
    I heard they did make him an offer but I think they knew he wouldn't take it. I agree with the other posters who say 'too bad'... JJ chose the money over staying with the team he knew and loved. Believe me, I love JJ tremendously but that is the chance you take when money becomes the main factor in your decision.

You say that, yet... do we even make it this far with JJ as opposed to Upshaw? He's had some key plays. If Upshaw is riding the pine does JJ make those plays? Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post

The same thing happened to Wally, the LT before JO. He was franchised and pissed. Finally he left and ended up
    in NO when they were still really bad and the Ravens win the SB right after that. I laugh at him everytime I hear
    him on the radio but he got what he wanted.
    Williams was actually our RG, who moved inside to starting C when Steve Everitt left after the 96 season. He was pissed because he claimed he was promised a long-term deal by the team, then had to play under the franchise tag. I'm always shocked too when I see him broadcasting for the team, cause he was NOT happy when he left here.

Our starting LT before (and during) JO's first season was Tony Jones. He was pretty vocal about his unhappiness as well, when we drafted Ogden. He played here for one year at LT (JO was inside @ LG), then was traded to Denver for a 2nd rounder that we used to draft Kim Herring, the starting SS on our Super Bowl team. Things worked out better for Tony than for Wally - he won back-to-back SBs with Denver.

I don't see why we are saying he left for the money. I mean he did to an extent but JJ said the writing was on the wall and there is no reason not to believe that. With our obvious cap situation, his age, and young guys waiting.. do you really believe the Ravens were really trying to pay him even if he took less than he could get else where? Come on now. Leave it at that it was mutual parting and he was nothing but class.
    Last edited by scbgirlxo; 01-26-2013 at 04:23 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scbgirlxo View Post
    I don't see why we are saying he left for the money. I mean he did to an extent but J.J. said the writing was on the wall and there is no reason not to believe that. With our obvious cap situation, his age, and young guys waiting.. do you really believe the Ravens were really trying to pay him even if he took less than he could get else where? Come on now.
    Screw JJ, he went for $$$. I don't feel sorry in the least. He was made an offer, he has declining skill set. So he finds a team desperate enough to overpay him. He got a 4 year 19 MILLION dollar deal, bet you he NEVER sees the whole 19 MILLION because the new GM is going to see his declining skills, and he will either renegotiate his contact for less, or be flat out cut. Either way there is no ring for him, he deserves none. Yanda could have taken A LOT more elsewhere, but a fair deal and the chance to be a part of something was stronger.

I am sure Ozzie would have loved to use the pick for Courtney Upshaw on someone else, but he had to replace J.J. and it worked.

J.J.'s championship is counted in the bank.