Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Bryant McKinnie visiting the Dolphins

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Personally, I'll throw in a king size candy bar of his choice.
    With a hidden stipulation that he can only eat on piece per day.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

I'm sure the Ravens are somewhat interested, but does anyone really think that they should be tripping over themselves to re-sign the guy? When have the Ravens EVER done that? They let the face of their franchise hit free agency before re-signing him (Ray Lewis).

As much as we'd love to see McKinnie come back the reality is that he is only interested in money and the Ravens are not interested in overpaying for a guy who isn't 100% in.

That said, Demetress Bell makes me want to throw up a little.

Why not target Tyson Clabo and/or Eric Winston, move Oher back over to LT and keep KO and guard? At least this way they've got RT, LG, and RG locked down whereas now they only have RG locked down. This is not to knock Gino either, but he is going to be much better off sandwiched between Yanda and KO as opposed to say being sandwiched between Yanda and a rookie or Harewood.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I'm sure the Ravens are somewhat interested, but does anyone really think that they should be tripping over themselves to re-sign the guy? When have the Ravens EVER done that? They let the face of their franchise hit free agency before re-signing him (Ray Lewis).

As much as we'd love to see McKinnie come back the reality is that he is only interested in money and the Ravens are not interested in overpaying for a guy who isn't 100% in.

Why not target Tyson Clabo and/or Eric Winston, move Oher back over to LT and keep KO and guard? At least this way they've got RT, LG, and RG locked down whereas now they only have RG locked down. This is not to knock Gino either, but he is going to be much better off sandwiched between Yanda and KO as opposed to say being sandwiched between Yanda and a rookie or Harewood.
    well because that would allude to them wanting Oher back on the left side. I think all of this kind of lends to the belief that theyd like to keep Oher on the right if at all possible. If the team is willing to go forward with KO as LT, we should be discussing what Gs are available not just Ts. If mckinnie goes, id assume the next best OL consists of finding a LG before signing Bell.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    With a hidden stipulation that he can only eat on piece per day.
    Good point. There are a lot of calories in a king size bar.

Blog Entries

The Eagles drafted Lane Johnson, presumably to be their LT. What are the chances that they would cut Jason Peters LT who is coming back from an Achilles tendon tear? If the Eagles cut Peters, anyone think the Ravens would be players for him? Peters says he is healthy and has been cleared by team doctors.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...delphia-eagles

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    The Eagles drafted Lane Johnson, presumably to be their LT. What are the chances that they would cut Jason Peters LT who is coming back from an Achilles tendon tear? If the Eagles cut Peters, anyone think the Ravens would be players for him? Peters says he is healthy and has been cleared by team doctors.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...delphia-eagles
    The Eagles, Jaguars and Chiefs will just use bookend tackles for a year. All 3 need to help their QBs as much as possible. They'll be happy with the vet and the prospect this year and then will let the vet go in 2014.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

Why not try Clabo or Winston at LT? We already know that Oher can't do it. Clabo is a little old and set in his ways but Winston might be able to make that transition. I'd try that before sticking Oher back there.

Miami's name is associated with every free agent left tackle out there. I don't see Ozzie making a move until they overpay someone. If they want Big Mac they'll get him.

As unlikely as it is I'm still hoping we can figure out a way to get Branden Albert. He's going to play somewhere.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The Eagles, Jaguars and Chiefs will just use bookend tackles for a year. All 3 need to help their QBs as much as possible. They'll be happy with the vet and the prospect this year and then will let the vet go in 2014.
    You're probably right, but I would think that these teams would like to get something in return for such players instead of just letting them walk. Anyone think Ozzie could make a splash for a LT? If he does, it would have to be for someone who the Ravens could fit under the cap this year. I am looking at Eugene Monroe with the Jags and his $3.8M 2013 salary. I wonder if he could be had for a 2nd round pick?

Eugene Monroe OT
    8/14/2009: Signed a five-year, $35.4 million contract. The deal contains $25 million guaranteed, including a onetime bonus of $5.98 million. An annual $205,000 workout bonus is available in years two through five. 2013: $3.8 million, 2014: Free Agent

http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/contr...fl/jac/jaguars

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    Miami's name is associated with every free agent left tackle out there. I don't see Ozzie making a move until they overpay someone. If they want Big Mac they'll get him.

As unlikely as it is I'm still hoping we can figure out a way to get Branden Albert. He's going to play somewhere.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see him stay in KC for one year. They've already guaranteed him 9M which is probably the most heis going to get. Why take less if you're Albert?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Do you remember the play in the SB, when McKinnie forgot to block his man and Joe got creamed??

That play could have lost the game if Joe would have fumbled.

I don't think the Raven really belive that McKinnie is there guy.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I agree with the Eagles and Jaguars, but KC has been shopping Albert around. I don't think they want to pay him the franchise tag money(almost 10m) he is due to get.