Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: Ayanbedjo released (?)

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    The Tweet about the $5.356M under was about two hours before the Tweet about BA's release and the $807K in cap savings.
    Regardless, $807,000 isn't added to anything. Only $327,000 is.

Remove $807,000 for BA
    Add $480,000 for his replacement
    = $327,000 cap savings

As for current cap space, Ravor can tell us soon, and Luke has a comprehensive sheet as well, though last I saw his total was a couple hundred thousand off from Ravor's (still not sure why).

I think people are assuming this was for cap reasons.

I think it's because he's 37 and simply not going to fit into the newer, younger defense that Ozzie is trying to create.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Matt Zenitz ‏@mzenitz 1h

Releasing Ayanbadejo saves the #Ravens $806,667 in cap space. They're now around $6 million under the salary cap

http://www.overthecap.com/teamcap.ph...vens&Year=2013

Cap Number $1,073,333 Dead money $266,667 Cap Savings $806,666
    Less $480,000 for his Rule of 51 replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I think people are assuming this was for cap reasons.

I think it's because he's 37 and simply not going to fit into the newer, younger defense that Ozzie is trying to create.
    I think it's to clear up space to either resign McKinnie or possibly even Dansby. Just tossing a name out there,Braylon Edwards could probably be had for little more than the vet minimum at this point.Any interest?

Blog Entries

I think cap space is a secondary reason...I think this move is much closer to the Pollard release. We don't get much savings, but he was no longer worth the amount we were paying him.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Matt Zenitz ‏@mzenitz 1h

Releasing Ayanbadejo saves the #Ravens $806,667 in cap space. They're now around $6 million under the salary cap

http://www.overthecap.com/teamcap.ph...vens&Year=2013

Cap Number $1,073,333 Dead money $266,667 Cap Savings $806,666
    Minus the $480k that now gets paid to the guy who replaces him on the RO51 roster. Nobody seems to ever factor that in.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Minus the $480k that now gets paid to the guy who replaces him on the RO51 roster. Nobody seems to ever factor that in.
    Hard to factor it in until we know who that player will be.If It's Dansby or McKinnie that's $807K that can be applied towards their 2013 salary

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    As for current cap space, Ravor can tell us soon, and Luke has a comprehensive sheet as well, though last I saw his total was a couple hundred thousand off from Ravor's (still not sure why).
    Our figures are off by $200-300k. Not sure why, since I have all the same cap values as him.

They couldn't possibly be trying to make room for McKinnie are they? Would they consider Brandon Albert for a draft pick? The Ravens just don't make room for nothing. Wait..... Dennis Pitta possibly for long term? Just throwing out ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    They couldn't possibly be trying to make room for McKinnie are they? Would they consider Brandon Albert for a draft pick? The Ravens just don't make room for nothing. Wait..... Dennis Pitta possibly for long term? Just throwing out ideas.
    I considered the Pitta angle myself since he has yet to sign his tender. However, it's over $2M for the 2013 season so if they were to sign him long term you would think the early years would be more cap friendly and immediate cap relief wouldn't be all that necessary.

Blog Entries

If you are an older player you are going to have a tough time finding a team. I have a feeling that BA knew this was coming and planned accordingly. All the best to him and his family.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post

I considered the Pitta angle myself since he has yet to sign his tender. However, it's over $2M for the 2013 season so if they were to sign him long term you would think the early years would be more cap friendly and immediate cap relief wouldn't be all that necessary.
    Well, they did tender Webb and then sign him long term.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.