Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 484950

Re: OT: Top Ten Wrestling Dream Matches

I keep getting a red page of doom on this thread, mainly when trying to access the last page. Anyone else having this issue? (if so, I don't think I'll be able to see the response until it's on the page before the last)

Mania 33 was pretty good. Had some dull matches that I thought would be better. But dragging out the even from 5:00 till after Midnight might of had something to do with it. It was a better show for me than last years even though.

Now that the Hardy's are back and Oldberg lost, I can finally start watching RAW again. lol

Blog Entries

This is what I said on the previous page about Mania:

I cancelled my Network subscription this morning. I'm at the point where I can no longer tolerate the bullshit coming from the company, and not even the return of the Hardyz (which was awesome) is enough to make me stay.

To be clear, aside from a few matches, I didn't have major issues with match quality but the overall setup and booking decisions was lacking. The best wrestler on the planet going against a 50 year old non-wrestler in the curtain jerking match. Allowing a guy who has no business doing so to retire Taker. Burying Bray again in favor of a mid-30s part timer. One of the best performers in the company since the brand split gets stuck in a throwaway tag match with the only purpose being to allow Cena (who himself should have been in a bigger match, like, oh I don't know, retiring fucking Undertaker?) to propose to Nikki. Dean and Braun not even on the main card. What? Come on.
    Now, I will say this...if...and that is a big if right now, they continue pushing Roman down the heel track, maybe letting him retire Taker was worth it. It'd be a real shame if they let the heat go to waste. The crowd last night towards him was basically ECW One Night Stand Cena level of hatred. Multiple DELETE chants, there was a "Fuck You Roman" chant, a "Shut The Fuck Up" chant before he had said a word, "Asshole", "Go Away", "You Suck"...it was incredible. It was "Die Rocky Die" for this generation. The thing is, will WWE continue to push him that way? I don't really expect the crowd reaction to change any time soon, retiring the guy who is one of the three or four most beloved WWE guys of all time will do that, but WWE has never really cared about the crowd reaction to Roman. So I guess we'll see.

I do like seeing Kurt Angle back on TV and his clearly visible joy at being back on WWE is great.

Blog Entries

One other thing, as much as I loved the Hardyz and I love the fact they are back. it's a waste to have them doing the original gimmick. People know what Broken Matt and Brother Nero are, need to continue that. Otherwise, they'll be like the Dudleys were in a couple months.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    One other thing, as much as I loved the Hardyz and I love the fact they are back. it's a waste to have them doing the original gimmick. People know what Broken Matt and Brother Nero are, need to continue that. Otherwise, they'll be like the Dudleys were in a couple months.
    I took a peak at the highlights and that did seem odd to me. Then again, WWE is notorious for not welcoming what wasn't their brain child. From Ron Simmons to DDP to Cactus Jack and countless others.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

What really sucks is that the Broken Matt gimmick is arguably the only reason the Hardyz are even relevant in 2017. And, if they don't go that route, one of two things is probably going to happen, either they grow stale in a month or two after the nostalgia has worn off and end up jobbing their way back out of the company, or WWE breaks them up and pushes the guy who has always (in WWE, both with fans and Vince) been more popular in Jeff. Matt without the gimmick is a guy with weird hair and a beer belly.

Well, The Hardys are in a legal battle with TNA currently over the Broken gimmick, so they can't really use it at the moment. So there's that one.

AJ Styles wanted HBK at Mania. It was pitched to HBK first, and he turned it down. With everyone else already being booked, that left AJ without a match. So, they went with Shane, which will set up the Styles moving to RAW angle. He said on Smackdown he doesn't want to go, because he built Smackdown. Pretty sure they will use his feud with Shane into that as well. All Shane has to do is remind him of who calls the shots on Smackdown, and it's not Styles, so off to RAW you go....

Cena is pretty much part time now. It was better for the company and business in general for them to have Reigns beat Taker instead of Cena, who the crowd also loves to hate. It's not like he doesn't get blasted with the Cena Sucks chants each and every week! Also, maybe Cena wanted to do the proposal angle instead. Cena beating Taker would have done nothing for the business and it wouldn't have the fans as pissed off about it creating the buzz it's getting. It would have just been another "Look, SuperCena does it again" type thing and he's move on to his part time schedule.

With Reigns beating Taker, it sets up a younger guy that they have continued to push, and will keep doing so as long as he doesn't screw himself with another failed test, as the new guy to lead the company. Like it or not, Reigns is going to be the face of the company. A heel turn would make the most sense, just like it would have a year ago. I agree that needs to happen, more so now than ever. No one cares about Strowman. No one would care to see a Strowman vs Reigns match at Mania. That is for a regular PPV if it has to be done again, and even then it will be a boring match. Mania is way too big of a stage for a Strowman vs Reigns match. So having Reigns beat Taker and lay claims to it being his yard, continues Reigns push as the top, dominate guy. That will most likely continue next Mania when he beats Lesnar. It's best for Reigns, it's best for the company, and it's best for the business as a whole to have a younger guy take over than a part time Cena. Oldberg, HHH, Taker, Shane, and Jericho all lost at Mania. All older guys that lost to the younger guys that are carrying the company now......

I've liked Reigns from the beginning, and I will keep liking him. Not because they are pushing him down my throat as "the guy" but because I don't think he's that bad and he definitely has the look to be the face of the company. Sure, there will be supporting cast like it always is, but Reigns has a look that fans will notice quicker than say KO or Styles (who I believe is the best wrestler on the entire WWE roster).

I agree 100% with WHY IN THE HELL DID YOU ALREADY TAKE THE TITLE OFF OF BRAY! There was no reason what so ever to give it Bray at the chamber, to take it off of him at Mania. Orton didn't have to win that match or the title to turn back face. The whole join them so I can break them down from the inside was good and all, but all they had to do was have Randy get to Luke Harper from the inside and talk him into turning on Bray. That would have us right at the same place we are now, Orton and Harper are faces, going against Bray and returning Rowan. Could have had it where it looked like Luke was turning on Bray and Orton (which they did) but have it where it was Orton all along pulling the strings on the Harper turn, and they both turn on Bray in a match. Bam, Orton back a face to take on Bray at Mania for the title, have some stuff go down where Harper gets involved, looks like Orton is gonna win with Harper's help, surprise....Rowan appears and evens the odds....Bray gets the win, keeps his title, and we are right back to where we current are....

Blog Entries

I will say this about Roman, regardless of my feelings about him, if the intention was to make him the most reviled wrestler in the business, they have done it. Braun basically murdering him to chants of "thank you Braun", a "you deserve it" chant while he was getting stretchered out, the "hey hey hey goodbye" chant while the ambulance is driving off. Brutal stuff. This is Mohammed Hassan level heel heat. He could legitimately be the biggest heel the company has had in a decade plus if they let him.

They won't though. Watch him be back next week, showing literally no signs of the attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I will say this about Roman, regardless of my feelings about him, if the intention was to make him the most reviled wrestler in the business, they have done it. Braun basically murdering him to chants of "thank you Braun", a "you deserve it" chant while he was getting stretchered out, the "hey hey hey goodbye" chant while the ambulance is driving off. Brutal stuff. This is Mohammed Hassan level heel heat. He could legitimately be the biggest heel the company has had in a decade plus if they let him.

They won't though. Watch him be back next week, showing literally no signs of the attack.
    I agree 100%. He will be back and "sore" but issue the challenge to Braun for a street fight at Payback or something, where Reigns will win and things will be the same with him. He will continue to get the loudest boos ever, yet he will be booked as top guy face. I dunno if it's just Vince trolling the fans at this point, or if he's just saying screw it, I want Reigns as the "face" of the company and that's just how I'm gonna book him, no matter what the fans say, but there's no way in Hell they can't look at it and see that they have the set up for a top legit Heel.

Blog Entries

I think Vince really just cares that he's getting a reaction. Of course he would prefer the face reaction, but they still are getting 10K+ paying to come and boo him to death which is better than them sitting on their hands doing nothing during his segments or not coming at all.

Like you said though, it's shitty booking. You want the guy to be your top face, but you book him to retire possibly the most beloved wrestler in WWE history in Undertaker, while he was already getting mixed reactions at best? What did they expect to happen there? Roman beat Taker, which is supposed to be a big deal, I guess, yet now he's going to be booked as underdog against Braun? A guy he has already beaten clean once?

This isn't difficult. Roman should be running roughshod over guys right now, a tweener at most but should be more heelish in actions and words, leading up to a real underdog eventually toppling him. I'm sorry, but in kayfabe at this point Roman is only an underdog if he's wrestling Brock (or Goldberg, god forbid). Book Roman as a monster heel against someone like - I'm just throwin a name out - Sami Zayn, the matches will be good, Roman can still go over, you get people wanting to see him get beaten for the right reasons rather than just not liking him, etc, etc.

It's like they have had this plan for 3-4 years now that Roman would be the guy to beat Brock and they simply aren't going to let it die.