Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

What's More Impressive?

The 44-13 shellacking of the Bengals last night or the 35-7 pasting of the Steelers last year? For my money I'll take last night's win, opponent aside. That was the first time I've ever seen a Ravens offense impose their will on the other team via the passing game. Cincy looked like they had prepared for the 2010 version of the Ravens. Guys were running free all night. Plus, we never let up on the throttle. Like caption reads on cnnsi.com, NFL, you've been warned.

Blog Entries

Re: What's More Impressive?

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Cincy looked like they had prepared for the 2010 version of the Ravens.
    I was just saying that this morning. It looked like they really weren't prepared for this Sugar Offense. It really looked like they thought they were playing an old Ravens offense.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Last year was more so in my mind. That was a 12-4 Steeler team. Not sure about the Bengals, and how good they really are.

The offense was more impressive last night though, and overall, it probably sent some real shockwaves around the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I was just saying that this morning. It looked like they really weren't prepared for this Sugar Offense. It really looked like they thought they were playing an old Ravens offense.
    Despite the fact pretty much EVERYONE knew they were going to go no-huddle since it's been talked about all off-season.

Without a doubt last night's performance was more impressive. Joe was still throwing the deep ball up 2 TDs. I loved that aggressiveness. In additon we didn't have the benefit of last year's 7 turnovers we created against the Steelers

Blog Entries

Keep in mind, on the 2nd game they went into TN and laid an egg. Philly is a trap game, I hope they don't look past them or this will be a wasted win

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Keep in mind, on the 2nd game they went into TN and laid an egg. Philly is a trap game, I hope they don't look past them or this will be a wasted win
    Yep. I mentioned this in another thread so I'm tempering my enthusiasm a little

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    While I understand your concerns, I just don't see that happening this year. One of the reasons we laid an egg at Tennessee was that the offense couldn't find a rhythm early on. If they keep up this up tempo style, it reduces the chances of that happening again. Then again, Philly could light up the defense, making this a moot point.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    While I understand your concerns, I just don't see that happening this year. One of the reasons we laid an egg at Tennessee was that the offense couldn't find a rhythm early on. If they keep up this up tempo style, it reduces the chances of that happening again. Then again, Philly could light up the defense, making this a moot point.
    It will be interesting to see what gameplay Reid has. If he has Vick throwing it 60 times again, I think they'll wind up carrying him out on a stretcher.

I don't see a letdown, no way do they underestimate the Eagles like they did Tennessee.

To me, last night was more impressive technically, as Flacco dissected their secondary with surgical precision. But last year was a more impressive physical domination and a beat-down that no one saw coming.

The Bengals were in this until the middle of the 3rd. Last year the Steelers were in shock after being punched in the gut 10 minutes into the game. Beating the Steelers like that will always be sweeter.

I was never really nervous or wrapped up in the game last night the way I am going into a Steelers game. Last night I was sitting comfortably the entire time... more like when we play the Browns.

I'm definitely more impressed with the victory from last night. 7 TO's is an anomaly that you can't expect every week. The offense in the game last year looked disjointed at times, just as it did all of last year.

Last night the ravens were smooth as butter on offense, they only punted TWICE!!! It would have only been 1 punt all game if Torrey Smith wasn't incorrectly called for an illegal block in the back. Tell me the last time the ravens only punted twice in a game with no offensive turnovers?

From what I saw this offense is legit, and although it may not put up 40 a game, I think 30 ppg is a realistic expectation.

Last night, for me it was the first time ever that i've seen a team close a big and i didnt get nervous. I knew they couldnt stop us offensively. Still sounds weird to say that lol