Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: My Flacco Theory

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Alternative theory: Everyone on the offense beyond the sound of Flacco's voice gets off the snap a half-second late relative to the defense with their heads turned because they have to watch for the snap. Not a problem in M&T where the crowd knows when to STFU, but on the road it destroys his timing with TEs and WRs & blows up running plays that don't go straight ahead. So Joe plays like a hero at home & a zero abroad. Fix this (how? you got me, kidz) & you fix the offense.
    I like your theory better. Also, when Joe gets rattled (early in Pitt game) he gets distracted. Hurries throws, misses throws, etc. And it doesn't help when you're playing the #1 defense in the league and the WR's aren't getting any separation.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    The following are the teams we've played and their ranking in the NFL in average QB rating against:

Bengals (21st)
    Eagles (26th)
    Patriots (24th)
    Browns (12th)
    Chiefs (30th)
    Cowboys (17th)
    Texans (7th)
    Raiders (32nd)
    Steelers (6th)

Not exactly murderer's row.
    LOL with those (selective) stats. The one that counts is "8 - 2" vs. NFL teams... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    LOL with those (selective) stats. The one that counts is "8 - 2" vs. NFL teams... Bc
    Not selective. I was digging to figure out why Flacco has been strugglign so much and it seems to support my notion: He's an average QB. Against the bad teams, he'll do well, against the good defenses, not so much.

Blog Entries

Not selective. I was digging to figure out why Flacco has been strugglign so much and it seems to support my notion: He's an average QB. Against the bad teams, he'll do well, against the good defenses, not so much.
    How has Flacco struggled "so much" this year? He is having the best year of his career so far, despite one or two really bad games.

The following are the teams we've played and their ranking in the NFL in average QB rating against:

Bengals (21st)
    Eagles (26th)
    Patriots (24th)
    Browns (12th)
    Chiefs (30th)
    Cowboys (17th)
    Texans (7th)
    Raiders (32nd)
    Steelers (6th)

Not exactly murderer's row.
    Epic fail. So at 8-2 Joe and the ravens should apologize?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Epic fail. So at 8-2 Joe and the ravens should apologize?
    It's pointless, almost all of his posts here are about how Flacco is just average etc... It's as if he just wants to be proven right about it, as if he wants Flacco to fail so he can tell us he told us so. Guarantee he won't post for a while the next big game Flacco has, or he'll just pull some meaningless stats that nobody really cares about to try and suggest that his good performance was only because said team are terrible.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenousD View Post
    Didn't 2 QB's in San Diego flourish in Cam's system? One won a SB the other usually is in the top 5 QB rating in the league (usually)? Just wondering what system you speak of.
    Huh?

Brees didn't win a SB with Cam. He won it in Sean Payton's offense...which is COMPLETELY different than Cam's.

And Rivers was good, but didn't experience his best play until after Cam left.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    It's pointless, almost all of his posts here are about how Flacco is just average etc... It's as if he just wants to be proven right about it, as if he wants Flacco to fail so he can tell us he told us so. Guarantee he won't post for a while the next big game Flacco has, or he'll just pull some meaningless stats that nobody really cares about to try and suggest that his good performance was only because said team are terrible.
    So what?

There is a very legitmate argument to be made that Flacco is indeed an average QB. Personally, I think he's a slightly above average QB but don't go crazy if someone thinks he's average. However, the furor it's met with around here is easy to see.

What is annoying is this notion that it's always someone else's fault when the offense looks bad yet all Joe when it goes well.

Hell, even when it goes well there are posters who will still rip Cameron and say Joe did it despite the offensive gameplan.

Most criticism of Flacco is met with an outrageous amount of defensiveness IMO.

Just what I see.

PP

Good grief. If I'm Joe Flacco I'd say fuck this and let another team with a shitty QB sign me where the fan base actually appreciates me.

It still amazes me after all the crap quarterbacks that this city has had to endure that we have a winner and he gets shit on like this.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Good grief. If I'm Joe Flacco I'd say fuck this and let another team with a shitty QB sign me where the fan base actually appreciates me.

It still amazes me after all the crap quarterbacks that this city has had to endure that we have a winner and he gets shit on like this.

Wouldn't surprise me if he did just that especially since breaking off negotiations.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post

Perfect example.

Complete hyperbole.

Getting shit on?

The guy gets praised beyond belief on this board.

A little criticism and boom.

Do you really think the majority of the fan base doesn't appreciate him? Sure, there are some who are whacked out and say "he sucks" or whatever. Maybe that's just who people here.

Me? I see and hear FAR more people who love the guy.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me if he did just that especially since breaking off negotiations.
    For real?

This negotiation is all about $$.

People really think Flacco cares what Joe Blow for Dundalk or Jimmy from Parkville thinks of his play?

PP