Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens to make SIGNIFICANT announcement at noon

That reliable source was WNST and 1300AM. :)

I can't help think this is Fassel resigning. This is not his offense, and it hasn't been his offense since he got here.

I'll say this. If Fassel is gone, then Billick will be gone at the end of the year. Bisciotti will fly off the handle if they lose an offensive coordinator even BEFORE mid-season. That won't still well at all.

I heard that Fassel is leaving
    Waiting for the next one!!!

Hmm. Very interesting.

If Fassel is gone, I'm assuming Neuheisel is taking over. Maybe he'll implement the forward pass into our scheme.

Coach Brian Billick:

"Seeing as all coaching decisions, and for that matter, coaches, are under my purview, I've decided that parting ways with Jim Fassel is the prudent thing to do under the given circumstances. Between bouts of reading Sartre and Camus a fortnight ago, it struck me that the profile of this team needs to undergo a drastic paradigm shift. So, I put down my copy of The Stranger and ran off to my personal film-studying room, considering I can make virtually no tangible observations about anything without looking over the tape first. As I was watching, I noticed that our profile is skewed a bit- you see, in 1906, John Heisman invented the forward pass, and remarkably, Jim Fassel had not realized this, and I reasoned that to neglect this advancement in football philosophy would be imprudent. So, Jim will no longer be with the team, and I will be calling all of the plays from this point forward. And, you guys know this- it's a process, this whole... "offense" thing. We've got certain parameters within which we must operate, and we'll get to it."

Blog Entries

on the other hand, Biscotti would fire Billick if he let a bad O keep stinking up the team.

Fassel seemed to be a great coach, but whatever he did wasn't working. This is just another experiment to find the root problem of this offense.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

The root problem of the offense has been here since the genius arrived in 99. 8 seasons later & we still don't have an offense. I'll agree Fassel is a good coach & this isn't his offense, but he's in the job & Biscotti said last year he wouldn't fire Billick in the middle of a season. I think this has Biscotti's fingerprints all over it. The noose is tightening around Billick's neck & after today it will be tighter.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

I am hearing it's Fassell out as OC. Please let Neuheisel be the replacement...and NOT Billick.

FM

SI reporting it will be Billick taking over playcalling.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...sel/index.html
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

Quote Originally Posted by RavenFanatic2k6 View Post
    SI reporting it will be Billick taking over playcalling.
    Dear Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanman View Post
    I am hearing it's Fassell out as OC. Please let Neuheisel be the replacement...and NOT Billick.

FM
    which of your "sources" told you that? BAL? WJZ? cnnsi?

Well, if Billick's going to call plays, then I guess we'll find out once and for all who's to blame for the offensive playcalling. I have a hunch, though...

Who my sources are is my business RM...get over it. It's somebody close to the Ravens...that's all you need to know. Why does it bother you so much anyway?

FM

Quote Originally Posted by postalworker View Post
    Dear Jesus.
    It's an end point and it brings finality, there's been no change in the playcalling with Billick bringing in the new OCs, if Billick finally takes over the playcalling the buck does stop with him and he can't dodge the bullet.

I love Billick as a man motivator and a great HC, but he won't surrender his control of the offense and that's killing this team because the offensive gameplanning and gamecalling has routinely stunk! I don't want to see Billick leave as HC but I know he's never gonna relinquish his control of the offense and folks are already showing their frustration with the offense and seams are already splitting, this brings finality, bigger changes are afoot this off-season in my opinion.