Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LT Prospects

Re: LT Prospects

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 5m
    The Ravens have displayed a lot of interest in Ohio State offensive tackle Reid Fragel, per a source.
    This weekend I'm going to watch and in many cases re-watch the OTs to see which mid-round guys make me comfortable.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    This weekend I'm going to watch and in many cases re-watch the OTs to see which mid-round guys make me comfortable.
    I haven't watched any Ohio State stuff, but Fragel's Combine numbers were pretty good. His arm length is quite short for a tackle, though--33" flat (1/2" shorter than Oher). The scouting reports I've read seem to have him pegged as a RT only prospect with good athleticism for a zone-blocking scheme, but a lot of technique issues.

I continue to think that the Ravens' apparent interest in RT-only type guys signals a comfort with Oher or Osemele on the blind side, FWIW.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I haven't watched any Ohio State stuff, but Fragel's Combine numbers were pretty good. His arm length is quite short for a tackle, though--33" flat (1/2" shorter than Oher). The scouting reports I've read seem to have him pegged as a RT only prospect with good athleticism for a zone-blocking scheme, but a lot of technique issues.

I continue to think that the Ravens' apparent interest in RT-only type guys signals a comfort with Oher or Osemele on the blind side, FWIW.
    How do you guys feel about Jordan Mills? I think he could be a pretty interesting candidate as a mid-round LT prospect.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    How do you guys feel about Jordan Mills? I think he could be a pretty interesting candidate as a mid-round LT prospect.
    Been hearing good things about him, some of the draft guys i follow on twitter feel like he has a chance as a LT, gotta study him and Fragel now.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    He's on the watch list.
    Someone I follow wrote a detailed piece of him about two weeks ago.
    I can't remember shortcomings he described. Need to dig it up.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Greg Cosell is on tape saying that he likes Pugh at left tackle. He also imagines that different teams have Pugh slotted at tackle, left or right, and guard. Finally he says that if Pugh is thought of by a team as a viable left tackle then he goes off the board at the end of round 1. If he's viewed as a guard, he'll last till round 2.

First Mayock and now Coselll are saying Pugh may go at the end of round one. Mayock's new Big Board has Pugh as his 24th best player.

I'm looking at YOU Ozzie. I'm not seeing other teams at the end of the round looking for a left tackle like the Ravens are looking and Cosell knows Ozzie.
    Last edited by ursula; 04-19-2013 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    Greg Cosell is on tape saying that he likes Pugh at left tackle. He also imagines that different teams have Pugh slotted at tackle, left or right, and guard. Finally he says that if Pugh is thought of by a team as a viable left tackle then he goes off the board at the end of round 1. If he's viewed as a guard, he'll last till round 2.

First Mayock and now Coselll are saying Pugh may go at the end of round one. Mayock's new Big Board has Pugh as his 24th best player.

I'm looking at YOU Ozzie. I'm not seeing other teams at the end of the round looking for a left tackle like the Ravens are looking and Cosell knows Ozzie.
    I've heard a few people now say that they'd play him at LT until he proved he couldnt do it. The guy is such a technician and has such good feet you wanna believe it. He really is one of my fav prospects in this draft but his arm length scares me to death at the same time. I guess we are gonna find out real soon. I think he can be a Levitre type of guard and wish everyday that his arms were longer lol.

I think Pugh is very similar to Sam Baker.

Frankly, I don't have all that high of an opinion of Baker, but if you can live with Baker, I think that is what Pugh's ceiling.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

I like Pugh at guard way more, maybe even center. He has 32 inch arms, thats going to be an issue when you as him to play on the island, no matter how good his film is.

Sam Baker has 32 inch arms as well.

FTR...I don't like Pugh at tackle either, but at least he tries to use his arms on tape as opposed to Oher.

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Sam Baker has 32 inch arms as well.

FTR...I don't like Pugh at tackle either, but at least he tries to use his arms on tape as opposed to Oher.

That's true, but honestly, is Sam Baker really someone you would go back in time to take in the first round? If I have a void at guard, I would like Pugh as a pick for that void who can cover tackle in a pinch.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    That's true, but honestly, is Sam Baker really someone you would go back in time to take in the first round? If I have a void at guard, I would like Pugh as a pick for that void who can cover tackle in a pinch.
    Absolutely not...I thought that was a bad trade by Atlanta when they did it.