Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Cam Cameron (10 years)

Quote Originally Posted by Sua Sponte View Post
    Drew Brees sure did throw for 4k, as soon as he left Cam and went to NO. Again showing your inabilities to know what you are talking about, nor did I say Cam doesn't get credit for LT rushing/receiving for more than 2k and 32td's, however he also still maintained close to 2k and 18 TD's when Cam left... so must have been the player..
    I also never said anything about Flacco in my post. I do however think that Flacco can play decent enough to keep this team in the race, just not under Cam's control.

Your going to compare Kyle Shanahan. Exactly what talent did he have. No QB, busted backfield and what WR's (Moss). Insert Griffin and Garcon with a healthy RB and you get production... Really? Cam always had talent around him in SD and Baltimore. What is your point?

My inability to not know what I'm talking about? WTF

When did i ever say Brees threw for 4000 yards under Cameron? I didn't. Cam DIDN'T have talent around him in SD always. He had LT, yes. And he rode that horse for huge success. Look at the stats. 3rd, 5th, adn 1st in points scored in his last three years there. He also had Gates. No WRs to speak of, certainly not the caliber we have. And Brees wasn't Brees until 2005 and then he both tore up his shoulder and bolted.

That is my point about Cameron. Good players make good coaches almost 100% of the time. He had LT at a time when RB was the most important position and he looked like a great OC. He has Joe Flacco at a time when QB is the most important position and he looks bad. It is no mystery.

All of Cam's offenses have been "in the race" since 2002 when the Chargers were still cleaning up the dreck that was left for them in the previous years by Mike Reilly and gang. They were 12-4, 9-7, and 14-2 in his last three years there as OC and that was in large part due to how effective their offense was.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    how much of LT's success came fom Schottenhiemer though? Sure Cam was making the call as OC, BUT Marty put his stamp on that offense as well.
    They played Marty Ball and it got Cameron a HC job and he shit the bed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    Why wouldn't Cam Cameron get credit for LT rushing for 2,000 yards or 32 TDs any more than he'd get credit for Drew Brees throwing for 4,000 yards
    I guess that wasn't you

I guess that wasn't you
    That sentence doesn't say what you think it says.

His point is that you appear to be judging the OC position by passing results only, when offense is made up of passing and rushing.

Then again passing is more important these days, so perhaps the focus is warranted.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    My inability to not know what I'm talking about? WTF

All of Cam's offenses have been "in the race" since 2002 when the Chargers were still cleaning up the dreck that was left for them in the previous years by Mike Reilly and gang. They were 12-4, 9-7, and 14-2 in his last three years there as OC and that was in large part due to how effective their offense was.
    So I guess a good QB and a Hall of Fame RB and a great TE is no talent. This thread is not about Flacco, it's about Cam being mediocre so unless you can show some kind of legit reason that Cam is above average or even average than your missing the point.

Is this Cam's son? You little Ginger, go back to school...
    Damn you got me, get off your Iphone and pay attention.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    That sentence doesn't say what you think it says.

His point is that you appear to be judging the OC position by passing results only, when offense is made up of passing and rushing.

Then again passing is more important these days, so perhaps the focus is warranted.
    Than why even mention Brees for 4k. I stated that Cam was more successful when he based his Offense around the run, so credit was given for that, but it is hard to fail completely at the run when you have a Hall of Fame RB and a Ray Rice running the rock.

Bottom Line Cam Cameron sucks!!

Than why even mention Brees for 4k. I stated that Cam was more successful when he based his Offense around the run, so credit was given for that, but it is hard to fail completely at the run when you have a Hall of Fame RB and a Ray Rice running the rock.
    He mentioned it as a hypothetical achievement that you would recognize/credit in order to compare it to the actual achievement (their awesome running game/stats) that you seemed to be dismissing. He is saying both the achievements should be considered equal yet you are arguing like they are not.

Personally, I think you both have points. He is right that offense as a whole is what Cam should be gauged on. You are right that in the context of 2012, passing game is more important to look at, as it matters more to the offense as a whole.

Blog Entries

So I guess a good QB and a Hall of Fame RB and a great TE is no talent. This thread is not about Flacco, it's about Cam being mediocre so unless you can show some kind of legit reason that Cam is above average or even average than your missing the point.

Is this Cam's son? You little Ginger, go back to school...
    Damn you got me, get off your Iphone and pay attention.
    It's not even worth responding to the troll. You are wasting time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    He mentioned it as a hypothetical achievement that you would recognize/credit in order to compare it to the actual achievement (their awesome running game/stats) that you seemed to be dismissing. He is saying both the achievements should be considered equal yet you are arguing like they are not.
    Again I never dismissed the running game. I said that his success was from the running game... and it has seemed to disappear around these parts.
    I could care less if Flacco throws 30td's for 4,000yds. If the running game is dominated so be it, but don't ignore it and don't forgot about the guy several times in certain games that we always seem to lose. His game plans suck and he can not adjust in game, if he adjust in game it is to go pass happy with long developing routes.

Again I never dismissed the running game. I said that his success was from the running game... and it has seemed to disappear around these parts.
    I could care less if Flacco throws 30td's for 4,000yds. If the running game is dominated so be it, but don't ignore it and don't forgot about the guy several times in certain games that we always seem to lose. His game plans suck and he can not adjust in game, if he adjust in game it is to go pass happy with long developing routes.
    I could be wrong but it seems as if your point is that Cam Cameron, over the years, and even with mad talent at his disposal, has basically put up average numbers as an offensive coordinator. And that given the talent at his disposal, the net result is that he, in reality, is a below average offensive coordinator. (I'm not trying to put words into your mouth; that's just my take on what you've posted.)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    I could be wrong but it seems as if your point is that Cam Cameron, over the years, and even with mad talent at his disposal, has basically put up average numbers as an offensive coordinator. And that given the talent at his disposal, the net result is that he, in reality, is a below average offensive coordinator. (I'm not trying to put words into your mouth; that's just my take on what you've posted.)
    Correct...

He had a few good years in SD with Marty, but he rode the back of a Hall of Fame RB and a dominant TE. He forgot what his success was built on. The old school run the ball down your throat with a TE to make you pay when you cheat to play the run.
    With new rules and a Pass happy league he needs to change that a bit and he does not have the knowledge to do so apparently. His philosophy and the way he develops his routes are still that of the running game, screen passes and dump offs, rounding off routes instead of cuts and breaks make it easier for a WR to block down field.
    Last edited by Sua Sponte; 12-07-2012 at 01:29 PM.

Cam didn't run the offense in SD. It was Marty's offense, the same one he ran in Cleveland.

Shottenheimer was very conventional. Run Run Pass Punt. Cam seems to go out of his way to do the exact opposite of what a normal play caller would do.