Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Cam Cameron (10 years)

I originally posted this in the Fire Cam thread, but it's almost Sunday and the pissed off fire Cam haters (including myself) have settled down and ignore that thread... but you guys deserve to see this.

Let's take a quick look at Cam through the years. I'm not usually a big stats guy because it doesn't tell the whole story.
    I gathered some notes of Cam in the last 10-11 years... For Passing TD's average was 22-25 and never over 28...

2002 SD: O Rank 16th (yds) 20th (PT's); Passing 3188; Rushing 2137, 19 (TD's)
    2003 SD: O Rank 14th (yds) 16th (PT's); Passing 3021; Rushing 2146, 16 (TD's)
    2004 SD: O Rank 10th (yds) 3rd (PT's); Passing 3357; Rushing 2185, 24 (TD's)
    2005 SD: O Rank 10th (yds) 5th (PT's); Passing 3495; Rushing 2072, 22 (TD's)
    2006 SD: O Rank 4th (yds) 1st (PT's); Passing 3262; Rushing 2578, 32 (TD's)

2007 Miami HC who really cares 1-15 ( Beat us though)

2008 BR: O Rank 18th (yds) 11th (PT's); Passing 2808; Rushing 2376, 16 (TD's)
    2009 BR: O Rank 9th (yds) 13th (PT's); Passing 3419; Rushing 2200 22 (TD's)
    2010 BR: O Rank 16th (yds) 22nd (PT's); Passing 3335; Rushing 1831 11 (TD's)
    2011 BR: O Rank 12th (yds) 15th (PT's); Passing 3423; Rushing 1996 15 (TD's)

So looking at the above stats, Cam is consistently mediocre with a few good years that were because of the run and good defense under Wade Phillips, Rex Ryan, etc.. When averaging over 2000 (yds) and 22 TD's rushing in a season his Offenses seem to be decent, but who wouldn't benefit from LT in his prime, it is easy to run the ball with a Hall of Fame RB humping the rock with a sledge hammer leading the way (Lorenzo Neal).
    His offenses never seem to pass for over 3500 (yds) or 25 (TD's), which is plenty if you are rushing for over 2000 and 25 TD's. Either way you can go up and down the field all day, but if you can't get into the endzone or maintain some momentum than it effects the entire game, constant 3 and outs will not get you a W.

Blog Entries

Re: Cam Cameron (10 years)

Quote Originally Posted by Sua Sponte View Post
    ISo looking at the above stats, Cam is consistently mediocre with a few good years that were because of the run and good defense under Wade Phillips, Rex Ryan, etc.. When averaging over 2000 (yds) and 22 TD's rushing in a season his Offenses seem to be decent, but who wouldn't benefit from LT in his prime, it is easy to run the ball with a Hall of Fame RB humping the rock with a sledge hammer leading the way (Lorenzo Neal).
    Leach and Rice...?
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Leach and Rice...?
    Exactly...

Do you remember how terrible the Chargers were in the early part of the last decade?

They became decent in 2003 but your stats mean absolutely zilch without context. 1) he hasn't been consistently mediocre, he coached top 10 offenses in his last three years in San Diego (and 3rd, 5th, and 1st in points). More context: Drew Brees was widely considered a bust until 2005. Even more context: his best WR that he coached was Keenan McCardell at age like 40. Other than that it was David Bust-on, Curtis Conway, and that other random white dude who never was any good. 2) He came in here with a rookie QB out of Delaware and immediately turned our offense around.

Blog Entries

Exactly...
    so hes proven able to do it in the past, but chooses not to now. Guilty as charged.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    Do you remember how terrible the Chargers were in the early part of the last decade?

They became decent in 2003 but your stats mean absolutely zilch without context. 1) he hasn't been consistently mediocre, he coached top 10 offenses in his last three years in San Diego (and 3rd, 5th, and 1st in points). More context: Drew Brees was widely considered a bust until 2005. Even more context: his best WR that he coached was Keenan McCardell at age like 40. Other than that it was David Bust-on, Curtis Conway, and that other random white dude who never was any good. 2) He came in here with a rookie QB out of Delaware and immediately turned our offense around.
    So LT rushing for 2k and 24 and 32 TD's means zilch. You must be a Cam fan. The stats are consistently mediocre. If you read correctly you will see that I mentioned that I am not a stats guy, but at times stats can show a trend and the trend is that if Cam bases his Offense around the run than he fares a little better the throw first mentality. So he did nothing with a a mediocre WR corp and what exactly has he done with ours and I guess Jackson and Gates were not on the team in 05 & 06 when their O put up the best numbers that started behind the run...

And......

Top 10 defenses while here.. I'll give him the Rookie season, but if a professional OC can't take a newly drafted Flacco and Rice and mold them into what he likes than he should not be a professional in the first place. Talent aside his stats are similiar regardless of who is on the roster, leading to scheme being the problem..
    Last edited by Sua Sponte; 12-07-2012 at 11:54 AM.

Blog Entries

So LT rushing for 2k and 24 and 32 TD's means zilch. You must be a Cam fan. The stats are consistently mediocre. If you read correctly you will see that I mentioned that I am not a stats guy, but at times stats can show a trend and the trend is that if Cam bases his Offense around the run than he fares a little better the throw first mentality. So he did nothing with a a mediocre WR corp and what exactly has he done with ours and I guess Jackson and Gates were not on the team in 05 & 06 when their O put up the best numbers that started behind the run...

And......

Top 10 defenses while here.. I'll give him the Rookie season, but if a professional OC can't take a newly drafted Flacco and Rice and mold them into what he likes than he should not be a professional in the first place. Talent aside his stats are similiar regardless of who is on the roster, leading to scheme being the problem..
    No, he isn't a Cam fan.

He is a purposeful contrarian when it comes to Flacco and only posts to bash Flacco, discount Flacco, and <insert negative comment about Flacco>.

The guy generally only posts after a Ravens loss.

His schtick is known and tired.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    No, he isn't a Cam fan.

He is a purposeful contrarian when it comes to Flacco and only posts to bash Flacco, discount Flacco, and <insert negative comment about Flacco>.

The guy generally only posts after a Ravens loss.

His schtick is known and tired.

Noted. Thanks..

[/QUOTE] so hes proven able to do it in the past, but chooses not to now. Guilty as charged.[/QUOTE]

I think getting back to a really solid run game 30+ a game split between Rice and Pierce that would make Torrey that much more dangerous when the safety starts to crowd the box and the DB's are peaking in the backfield. They still need to expand the route tree and start cuts and breaks and NOT rounding routes out.

And......

Why wouldn't Cam Cameron get credit for LT rushing for 2,000 yards or 32 TDs any more than he'd get credit for Drew Brees throwing for 4,000 yards? The stats are decidedly NOT mediocre. And no, I"m not a Cam Cameron "fan" per se, I'm just not a Joe Flacco fan. The thing that cracks me up is this underlying assumption that 90% of message board posters have that somehow Flacco is a proven great QB who is simply being shackled back because of Cam Cameron's offense. It's absurd.

Talent aside, lol. Look at Kyle Shanahan, for example, who until this year was about to be run out of town on a stake in Landover. Why? Poor QB play.

Blog Entries

how many Cam threads do we really need?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    Why wouldn't Cam Cameron get credit for LT rushing for 2,000 yards or 32 TDs any more than he'd get credit for Drew Brees throwing for 4,000 yards? The stats are decidedly NOT mediocre. And no, I"m not a Cam Cameron "fan" per se, I'm just not a Joe Flacco fan. The thing that cracks me up is this underlying assumption that 90% of message board posters have that somehow Flacco is a proven great QB who is simply being shackled back because of Cam Cameron's offense. It's absurd.

Talent aside, lol. Look at Kyle Shanahan, for example, who until this year was about to be run out of town on a stake in Landover. Why? Poor QB play.
    Drew Brees sure did throw for 4k, as soon as he left Cam and went to NO. Again showing your inabilities to know what you are talking about, nor did I say Cam doesn't get credit for LT rushing/receiving for more than 2k and 32td's, however he also still maintained close to 2k and 18 TD's when Cam left... so must have been the player..
    I also never said anything about Flacco in my post. I do however think that Flacco can play decent enough to keep this team in the race, just not under Cam's control.

Your going to compare Kyle Shanahan. Exactly what talent did he have. No QB, busted backfield and what WR's (Moss). Insert Griffin and Garcon with a healthy RB and you get production... Really? Cam always had talent around him in SD and Baltimore. What is your point?
    Last edited by Sua Sponte; 12-07-2012 at 12:44 PM.

Blog Entries

how much of LT's success came fom Schottenhiemer though? Sure Cam was making the call as OC, BUT Marty put his stamp on that offense as well.