Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
  1. Re: Joe Flacco Earns 60th Career Win: Most All Time In First Five Years of a QB's Career!

I've been a believer and supporter of Joe's ever since he threw the game-sealing TD pass to Boldin in the Steelers playoff game in 2010.

And Boldin dropped it.

Even then, with the FG, we take the lead only to have Mattison inexplicably call a 3 man rush and have A. Brown beat Webb (still recovering from a torn ACL) on a deep bomb down the sideline, where the Steelers eventually score the game winning TD aided by a bullshit defensive holding call on Cody.

Even then, with little time left, Flacco directs the offense downfield only to have the drive stall, but then he throws a perfect pass to T.J. on 4th down that will keep the Ravens dwindling glimmer of a dramatic comeback still alive...

You know the rest.
    And I don't want to talk about the Patriots playoff game.
    I just don't.

What annoys me about the haters is they seem to think it's Flacco's fault when SOMEONE else screws up! Yes, Flacco messes up too from time to time, and when he does, he deserves to be called on it, and no he's not elite, but when it's somebody else's fault, why blame him?
    Why not blame Boldin, T.J., Evans, Cundiff, Harbaugh, CAM??

To the haters, when we win it's because of everybody else but Joe.
    When we lose it's ALWAYS because of Joe and ONLY because of Joe.

Next to Cutler, Vick and Romo, Joe must be the most polarizing QB in the league.

Blog Entries

Re: Joe Flacco Earns 60th Career Win: Most All Time In First Five Years of a QB's Career!

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    Why not blame Boldin, T.J., Evans, Cundiff, Harbaugh, CAM??
    You don't see those guys getting blamed too? Everyone of them has been bashed over and over again. This year I've seen more Ray Rice bashing than ever before as well. On the defensive side Ed Reed is as polarizing as Flacco. When you come close but can't get over that hump there is plenty of blame to go around.

Re: Joe Flacco Earns 60th Career Win: Most All Time In First Five Years of a QB's Career!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    In today's NFL people want to compare stats. Joe is not Brady or Manning or Rodgers and he never will be IMO. But he does have some strengths that can be tough for defenses to deal with. If he can level out his play a little bit, he'll be considered top 10 by many.

I've accepted that he is what he is, and he's not going anywhere. Get some talent around him and he should continue to improve.
    :word

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Now, my take. The thing is that every year since Joe has been here, the Ravens have been in the playoffs. That is why 60 wins is a big deal of an accomplishment. The goal is ALWAYS to win the Super Bowl. But you cannot get to the Super Bowl without going to the playoffs. So every year for the past five, the Ravens have had the opportunity to get to the Super Bowl, which is something that not many teams in this league get to do. In fact, if you remember, only ONE team is different in the entire AFC playoff picture this year. Which means once again, about the same 10 AFC teams are sitting home.

Take it a step farther. Flacco has won a playoff game in every year as well, has never been one-and-done. Twice this team has gotten to the AFCC, and once was Lee Evans away from actually going to the SB.

This is something we couldn't do with any of the other QB's we've had in the team's history. And this is something no other team in the league has been able to do with their QB's first five years.

I want the Ravens to get the ring this year. And I'm always disappointed that they haven't. But at least thanks in part to much needed stability at the QB with a guy that in MY opinion is on that cusp of getting to that level everyone's arguing about, the Ravens have had that chance to get there every year for half a decade now.

And I don't believe it's an accomplishment you easily brush aside.
    +1
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

5. Re: Joe Flacco Earns 60th Career Win: Most All Time In First Five Years of a QB's Career!

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    You don't see those guys getting blamed too? Everyone of them has been bashed over and over again. This year I've seen more Ray Rice bashing than ever before as well. On the defensive side Ed Reed is as polarizing as Flacco. When you come close but can't get over that hump there is plenty of blame to go around.
    The Flacco haters don't blame them as much.
    That was who I was referring to, and not just the ones on message boards and comments pages but also some of the "experts" at ESPN and NFLN, etc.

Of course, if you think I'm only imagining the hate...
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...avens-to-lead/
    Last edited by PerpetuallyBored74; 01-08-2013 at 04:44 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Good FUCKING GRIEF!!! Can you people possibly have a debate without slapping each other around in the process? Folks, this has been grating on me now for weeks. I don't care what side of the Joe Flacco fence you are on. And you can argue that side up and down, just as I have done. But people need to begin backing down the hostilities. Everytime someone disagrees these days, they have to attack each other and it's completely unbecoming of the quality of this forum, which had prided itself on NOT like the "others".

So I am asking please, everyone tone it down and let's debate this civil-like. Please?
    Lol. :word

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Hey Eeyore, this is an impressive stat. If you want to argue with Giants fans, go ahead, nobody is stopping you.

You made your point, you urinated in the cereal, now go argue with Steelers fans if that's what you like to do. If that's not what you like to do, then pat yourself on the back for peeing in our breakfast and get on with your day.
    Bet he is a blast at parties or special occassions. They all say until Joe wins a SB. Thats the only thing they can say bad about his typical seasons playing for the Ravens. SB is over rated and at times seems like the best team doesn't win. Hell,I'll take what has happened these past five years and have loved it. When the Ravens make post season, the media gets madder. When the Ravens beat a team ballwashed by the media,I normally have a great week after the game. Joe has been setting some records in his first 5 years that the elite QBs didn't, but they have a SB ring. Flacco will win a SB one day and when the media sees how he has won more games, gone to postseason more then any other QB, and did it with a steady HC(but had several OC trying to change his play to their ideas). I'll take what Flacco has done and enjoy it. Hope the Ravens pay him what he wants, Hate to root for whatever team he goes to.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Bet he is a blast at parties or special occassions. They all say until Joe wins a SB. Thats the only thing they can say bad about his typical seasons playing for the Ravens. SB is over rated and at times seems like the best team doesn't win. Hell,I'll take what has happened these past five years and have loved it. When the Ravens make post season, the media gets madder. When the Ravens beat a team ballwashed by the media,I normally have a great week after the game. Joe has been setting some records in his first 5 years that the elite QBs didn't, but they have a SB ring. Flacco will win a SB one day and when the media sees how he has won more games, gone to postseason more then any other QB, and did it with a steady HC(but had several OC trying to change his play to their ideas). I'll take what Flacco has done and enjoy it. Hope the Ravens pay him what he wants, Hate to root for whatever team he goes to.

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    The Flacco haters don't blame them as much.
    That was who I was referring to, and not just the ones on message boards and comments pages but also some of the "experts" at ESPN and NFLN, etc.

Of course, if you think I'm only imagining the hate...
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...avens-to-lead/
    Is this article a joke? Am I on "Punked"?

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    My opinion,believe what you want. Greaestt team, the SB winners are called. The giants last year were not the greatest team. Steelers ,6 SB wins , some honest, so with help from the referees.

iggy, I get what he's saying. Everyone's goal is a Super Bowl, but that is also not the be-all-end-all of what makes a good or even great player. Dan Marino still stands as the big example of that. GREAT QB, HOF QB, never won a SB.

On the other hand look at Terry Bradshaw. SB winner, pro-bowler, HOF. Some of the worst stats of any QB I've ever seen. Career QB Rating of 70! For his career threw as many interceptions as touchdowns.

Trent Dilfer. Won a Super Bowl. Mostly a backup QB after Tampa Bay. Had a chance to start for Cleveland and lost that job too. Not a franchise QB.

Philip Rivers. He IS San Diego's franchise QB. 4 time Pro-bowler too. If you looked at his stats, you wonder how he has never won a Super Bowl, much less 3-4 in the playoffs. He is quite frankly a passing machine and every bit as good as Aaron Rodgers. But no one talks about him as elite anymore.

Eli Manning. To me, always a just-above-average QB. He's not NEARLY the QB his brother Peyton is. Yet has one more SB ring than Peyton. Which one is the better QB?

The point he was making I think was that the SB doesn't necessarily define the career of a QB. Too many other factors that can keep QB's from getting that ring.

Quote Originally Posted by CoverD View Post
    Note GOTA, that those 3 teams you mentioned have QBs that have won a Super Bowl. If Joe got a ring, would you then automatically say that that the 60 wins in his first 5 years is a valuable stat? If so, that is absolute crap, because you have QBs in the HoF without a ring who are highly regarded with their play and stats. (i.e. Dan Marino).
    :word

I suspect that that there are many fans who don't give a shit how good Dan Marino was. He never won a frickin' SB so his career was meaningless.

I say good for Joe. He should be proud of those 60 wins and what it represents. No other QB can say they've done that and I think it's great. Now, go win a fuckin' SB Joe!!
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis