Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: Bengals Punter's Jaw Broken by Steelers Blind Side Hit

"no reason to blow him up?"

It's football. The punter was trying to make the tackle. There's all the reason needed for blowing him up.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    "no reason to blow him up?"

It's football. The punter was trying to make the tackle. There's all the reason needed for blowing him up.
    Come on now. You could just have easily blocked him with proper technique and got the same results. Maybe it's just me, but I thought it was a cheap shot.

Blog Entries

He could've hammered him without going high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Re: Bengals Punter's Jaw Broken by Steelers Blind Side Hit

I was there in person with my nephew(bengals fan) and it looked twice as bad in person.

Blog Entries

Huber also sustained a cracked vertebrae. He is one helluva good person and teammate. It bothers me that this happened because it didn't have to.

Just ask yourself how you would feel about Flacco getting hit under the same circumstances. Even it was legal it could have killed the guy.

Players also reported Steelers boasting about it during the game.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    Huber also sustained a cracked vertebrae. He is one helluva good person and teammate. It bothers me that this happened because it didn't have to.

Just ask yourself how you would feel about Flacco getting hit under the same circumstances. Even it was legal it could have killed the guy.

I could definately see that happening to Koch. He likes to be very physical on his punts. If its true that the Steelers were boasting about an injury i think thats 100x's worse than the steelers fans chanting "Paralized" on a hit on McGahee where he got carted out in one of the playoff games. I still havent forgiven that fan base for that.

Blog Entries

Exactly. It's just a game. At the end of it 95% of the players go home to families.

Just friggin block the guy so he doesn't make the tackle instead of taking his head off, so he can go home to them instead of visiting him in the hospital.

I would be disappointed if that were case. I don't believe it, but at the same time I am not saying it did not happen. What is the source? I need to see this before I believe it. Once you say that on a board, everybody will believe it, even it if is not true. However, true or not, I am glad that his injuries are recoverable. Look for changes in kickoff routines next year for sure.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Complex View Post
    I would be disappointed if that were case. I don't believe it, but at the same time I am not saying it did not happen. What is the source? I need to see this before I believe it. Once you say that on a board, everybody will believe it, even it if is not true. However, true or not, I am glad that his injuries are recoverable. Look for changes in kickoff routines next year for sure.
    Well... you also didn't believe Tomlin purposely stepped on the filed either ;)

Blog Entries

as unfortunate the consequences, I still don't see how it's a dirty shot - the punter is headed to the ball carrier to make a play, defender hits him in the chest area. Punter very well could've tackled the ball carrier.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    as unfortunate the consequences, I still don't see how it's a dirty shot - the punter is headed to the ball carrier to make a play, defender hits him in the chest area. Punter very well could've tackled the ball carrier.
    I don't know, I always thought it was called a sucker punch to hit a guy who wasn't looking. While the punter should be expecting some sort of contact was that type of block "necessary"?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Complex View Post
    I wasn't talking about fans, the Steelers players were telling the Bengals players "Ha, we got your punter" according to Dave Lapham (former Super Bowl guard for the Bengals in the 80's). Lapham is also the color announcer and the players love him and tell him what goes on on the field. Lapham was talking about it on the radio today.

This is the second time a Steelers player has broken a Bengals player's jaw (Hines Ward/Keith Rivers), not to mention shredding Carson Palmer's knee.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎