Page 18 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1617181920 ... LastLast

Re: Free Agent & Other Player Moves from Around the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Dolphins signed Wheeler too? Damn.
    Yeah, I feel like that Salary Floor is forcing some teams to make a lot of changes.

Blog Entries

Eagles sign a bunch of guys...

Patrick Chung
    James Casey
    Jason Phillips
    Isaac Sopoaga
    Bradley Fletcher
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Eagles sign a bunch of guys...

Patrick Chung
    James Casey
    Jason Phillips
    Isaac Sopoaga
    Bradley Fletcher
    Is that former Raven LB Jason Phillips?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Random, but dammmmmmmmn...

Pro Football Focus‏@PFF

Wow MT @CorkOnTheNFL: Raiders have $32 million in so-called dead money for 2013.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    Dolphins are very aggressive this year. Officially signed Wheeler to a 5 year $26 million deal. That LB core is going to look very different. Thumper in Ellerbe and coverage guy in Wheeler. Solid combo.
    And 71 million dollars tied up in ILBs. Not usually the model to success.

Blog Entries

Cleveland signs DT Desmond Bryant.

Cleveland signs DT Desmond Bryant.
    Good signing.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Wait a minute...Bryant signed for 5 years $34 million?

Not at that price.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

I really cannot get over the spending spree in which Miami has engaged, and particularly the way they spent it.

They had huge holes at LT, WR, TE, and CB... So they signed two LBs and two WRs. And they spent over $120m doing it. Now they can focus on their other needs in the draft, I suppose, but how will this affect their future cap? And how much of an upgrade over Dansby and Burnett are Ellerbe and Wheeler (both of whom are basically 1-year wonders)?

There's little doubt Miami is winning the preseason Lombardi, but I strongly doubt that will translate to real season success.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I really cannot get over the spending spree in which Miami has engaged, and particularly the way they spent it.

They had huge holes at LT, WR, TE, and CB... So they signed two LBs and two WRs. And they spent over $120m doing it. Now they can focus on their other needs in the draft, I suppose, but how will this affect their future cap? And how much of an upgrade over Dansby and Burnett are Ellerbe and Wheeler (both of whom are basically 1-year wonders)?

There's little doubt Miami is winning the preseason Lombardi, but I strongly doubt that will translate to real season success.
    They are desperately trying to content with NE. Unless tannehill takes a huge step forward it's not gonna happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

It all depends on Tannehill.

I think there's a political element to this as well - They're facing an uphill battle trying to generate support for tax subsities to be used for stadium improvements. Polls show over 2/3rds of voters are currently opposed. Showing a commitment to winning now would help that effort, even if it may potentially mean mortgaging their future.