Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens420 View Post

Weird how some folks ignore poor play pointed out by objective analysis.
    Objective? Hahahahaha.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: FILMSTUDY: O-Line Grades at the Quarter Pole by player

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Objective? Hahahahaha.

So are you suggesting some agenda from Filmstudy?
    It's kind of funny how his numbers always sem to jive with what I see subjectively.

This line is NOT good, it's MAYYYYYBBBBBEEEE average, at best.

i rest my case. KO not ready for prime time at RT.

Blog Entries
    No, not at all. I took it as ravens420's "objective" opinion.

Film writes down what he sees. He has a good product. I dont think it tells the whole story some of the time though. Its hard to attach an arbitrary scale to individual performances in football. Especially the OL.

That said, this OL is without a doubt average at best. However, considering the youth on it there is certainly reason to think that they can get better.

Blog Entries

Film writes down what he sees. He has a good product. I dont think it tells the whole story some of the time though. Its hard to attach an arbitrary scale to individual performances in football. Especially the OL.

That said, this OL is without a doubt average at best. However, considering the youth on it there is certainly reason to think that they can get better.

Let's hope so!

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

OK, i think 420 was pointing to Film's objective analysis.
    Film, to me, is very forthright about the main weakness of his system. There is no room for objectively rating success on a running play, past block made, yes or no. There is also no degree of difficulty in the objective portion. He clears both of those up, IMO, the best he can in his subjective notes.

Yes, there is reason to believe that they can and will improve. It still doesn't mean that I think they wouldn't be better served for now shuffling some people in, out and around.

Even faced with Filmstudy's analysis, they still cling to us somehow being wrong about the OL. We state our opinions, are blown off and then someone who is respected posts an objective review. guess who it backs up? Even then, they cant admit we have something legit to say. It is backed up by the play on the field and nothing else. its funny how they react, i guess people hate being wrong and looking bad. trust me, i wish i was wrong about this line. but im not and if you say different, back it up like filmstudy does.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens420 View Post
    Even faced with Filmstudy's analysis, they still cling to us somehow being wrong about the OL. We state our opinions, are blown off and then someone who is respected posts an objective review. guess who it backs up? Even then, they cant admit we have something legit to say. It is backed up by the play on the field and nothing else. its funny how they react, i guess people hate being wrong and looking bad. trust me, i wish i was wrong about this line. but im not and if you say different, back it up like filmstudy does.
    This fanbase as a whole, and epitomized on it's major message boards are enamoured wth the In OZ we trust mantra. They talk of him as an infallable deity. Any notion that any human on the planet sees something that he does not yields discussion on that person's eyesight. Many will watch games closely, take notes and if Oz says somethign that contradicts what they saw they change their opinion. It's a very weird nature of a DIscussion board. I've never seen anything like it. I'm not sure what people are doing on a message board if they are simply going to defer at any given time to the powers that be of the team they love.

Blog Entries

Some people love a C student.

Oher starts off the same in KC as he did in Philly giving up a big sack.

Some fans love it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post

This fanbase as a whole, and epitomized on it's major message boards are enamoured wth the In OZ we trust mantra. They talk of him as an infallable deity. Any notion that any human on the planet sees something that he does not yields discussion on that person's eyesight. Many will watch games closely, take notes and if Oz says somethign that contradicts what they saw they change their opinion. It's a very weird nature of a DIscussion board. I've never seen anything like it. I'm not sure what people are doing on a message board if they are simply going to defer at any given time to the powers that be of the team they love.
    Because folks like you get on here, throw around your negative crap, only like to comment on and point out bad plays, and then when someone disagrees with you they are treating Ozzie and the coaching staff like they are infallible (which isnt true) and then some take the victim approach and cry censorship.

There is very little objectivity in 90% of what posters like that like to post. Its the same old "OL sucks...Oher sucks...Harbs sucks...We shouldnt have won...We wont win anymore games like that...blah blah blah..."

Seriously, why even be a fan?

Because folks like you get on here, throw around your negative crap, only like to comment on and point out bad plays, and then when someone disagrees with you they are treating Ozzie and the coaching staff like they are infallible (which isnt true) and then some take the victim approach and cry censorship.

There is very little objectivity in 90% of what posters like that like to post. Its the same old "OL sucks...Oher sucks...Harbs sucks...We shouldnt have won...We wont win anymore games like that...blah blah blah..."

Seriously, why even be a fan?

This times infinity.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

So Oher didn't suck with that sack in Philly and
    today and with 37 penalties in 58 games?

Now who is being subjective?

Film is the most respected poster on the net going on all the boards with his superior
    analysis.

And how is agreeing with Film hi-jacking a thread? It's the other guys doing the hi-jacking.