Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: OT/Site going to the dogs!

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Nurse View Post
    Our D has been our bread and butter for years. It would be foolish not to address the major short comings on that side of the ball. Brohm would most likely be there in the 2nd. CMac and a top CB in the draft with Reed and Samauri Rolle as saftey. That to me seals it up nicely. Then we would need a WR. I dont see where this is a bad plan and would keep our D up to speed. Whatcha think?
    That's the first I've heard of Rolle moving to safety. What about Landry? I think a DE helps the secondary more than the secondary helps the DEs. I'd like to see more of Suggs lined up with his hand in the dirt than dropping into coverage. The Giants showed in the Super Bowl what a good pass rush can do for a defense.

I mean really, What on network tv right now is at all intelligent? The only shows I can think of are Lost and The Office (which may have jumped the shark already, we will see).
    The recent shows on HBO have been fantastic and some of the best TV I've ever seen. Unfortunately they're all no longer in production, but we do still have DVD to see The Wire, Rome, and Deadwood. The John Adams miniseries currently airing has also been very good.

And looks like we'll be getting a new "Band of Brothers", this one focusing on the War in the Pacific, sometime in 2009. So yes, there is still good TV out there - you just need premium cable to see it.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

I mean I was forced to watch a few minutes a few years ago, so that is what I'm basing my opinion on...
    The problem here is if you watched the initial auditions as opposed to the part where they actually compete against each other. I can read or do something else while the contest is on, the auditions shows which are the first part of each season are unbearable. Amy doesn't watch those so I don't get subjected even secondarily.

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    The recent shows on HBO have been fantastic and some of the best TV I've ever seen. Unfortunately they're all no longer in production, but we do still have DVD to see The Wire, Rome, and Deadwood. The John Adams miniseries currently airing has also been very good.

And looks like we'll be getting a new "Band of Brothers", this one focusing on the War in the Pacific, sometime in 2009. So yes, there is still good TV out there - you just need premium cable to see it.
    Thats why I specified "Network tv". FX has some of the best stuff on TV right now.
    And thats really great about the "Band of Brothers", I had not heard that.
    Actual user comment from a yahoo sports article:

On this given sunday you will witnesses why we'll called steeler nation!!!

Get a life dude! You have the nerve to criticize Tony for watching a show that consistantly gets a 40 rating, which means 40% of the US is watching, and you rip apart his site. A site that I have noticed that you live and die by. What kind of existence do you live where you sit in front of the computer day in and day out stating your idiotic opinions with the rest of these freaks seeking approval?

You're a joke

Quote Originally Posted by yeahravens View Post
    Get a life dude! You have the nerve to criticize Tony for watching a show that consistantly gets a 40 rating, which means 40% of the US is watching, and you rip apart his site. A site that I have noticed that you live and die by. What kind of existence do you live where you sit in front of the computer day in and day out stating your idiotic opinions with the rest of these freaks seeking approval?

You're a joke
    Are you talking to me? I did not, nor did I intend to rip this site... I only ripped AI. That's my prerogative, as it is your prerogative to rip me. I take comfort in the fact that my man card is intact, as is my taste in music!

You're a joke
    Is that why YOU watch it? because 40% of other people do? Tsk, Tsk.... my point exactly. Blind sheep being led astray!!!!!

You're a joke
    This, coming from a "man" who stated on these very boards that Rolle was infected with AIDS.

Whos' the joke again?

You're a joke
    And here I thought this board was troll-free...

"I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Thank you all for making my day!!!!!!!

YOU ALL ARE LIKE A BUNCH OF TEENAGE GIRLS WHO I LOVE TO GET WORKED UP. I WOULD HAVE BEEN TRULY DISAPOINTED IF NO ONE RESPONDED TO THAT. I COULD HAVE LOGGED IN UNDER ANOTHER NAME BUT I REALLY WANTED HOUSTON RAVEN'S VAGINA IN AN UPROAR. LOL

MY FRIENDS LOVE READING YOUR LITTLE GIRL REACTIONS TO WHAT I WRITE.

WE WILL BE LAUGHING AT ALL OF YOU OVER A FEW BEERS TONIGHT

CHEERS!

11. Re: OT/Site going to the dogs!

Thank you all for making my day!!!!!!!

YOU ALL ARE LIKE A BUNCH OF TEENAGE GIRLS WHO I LOVE TO GET WORKED UP.

CHEERS!
    Translation,,,"Don't ever believe anything I post, none of it is worth reading, and i'm here just to make you my bitch"

:grbac: ,, I know i'm not sposed to this with my first post,, guess I'll go back to just reading:(

Speaking of bad TV ...

Did anyone catch Celebrity Rehab? That show was like a train wreck.

The HBO mini series on John Adams is VERY good! History has always been my wheelhouse in school so I am a bit biased, but this is show very entertaining so far! I've liked Paul Giamatti since I saw him in Sideways and he is an amazing actor.