Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: "I get a car!" - Joe Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    I was thinking "Don't hurt him". The Reds mobbed Jay Bruce at home plate after a homer year before last and strained his shoulder muscle. He ended up missing some games.
    Not as bad as Kendrys Morales, whose ankle injury suffered on a walk-off home run caused him to miss the 2010 AND 2011 seasons.

And to give it a football twist...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK81Ej5hm8s

Note - 1st quarter, 0-0 score...
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Not as bad as Kendrys Morales, whose ankle injury suffered on a walk-off home run caused him to miss the 2010 AND 2011 seasons.

And to give it a football twist...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK81Ej5hm8s

Note - 1st quarter, 0-0 score...
    I thought of Gramatica too. Poor bastard.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    Joe is as blue collar as they come. He is the perfect fit for this city and I think he knows it. He certainly has all the physical tools, I could see him taking the league by storm over the next 5-6 years. I def think he has a chip on his shoulder.
    hawk, I agree 100%. With all the success he's had (#1 draft choice, 5 playoffs in a row, and Super Bowl MVP), he seems pretty much down-to-earth and kinda humble. We (Ravens fans) are so lucky to have experienced his first 5 years in Baltimore, also knowing he's coming into his best (28 - 35) years ahead. I am expecting Ozzie/Steve B. to get a long term deal done. Man, ain't the beer cold! ... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    hawk, I agree 100%. With all the success he's had (#1 draft choice, 5 playoffs in a row, and Super Bowl MVP), he seems pretty much down-to-earth and kinda humble. We (Ravens fans) are so lucky to have experienced his first 5 years in Baltimore, also knowing he's coming into his best (28 - 35) years ahead. I am expecting Ozzie/Steve B. to get a long term deal done. Man, ain't the beer cold! ... Bc
    The beer is certainly cold BC. Slainte!

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    Wonder if he can swap it for a mini van..??? Hope they didn't ask him to sit in it. Might be a tight squeeze...
    Funny thing is Unitas also won a Car in 1958, but traded it in for a station wagon for this wife and kids to use, true story. That shows what kind of guy Johnny was.

Joe definitely looked like a giddy kid winning that car.
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Joe is becoming the John Unitas of the Ravens. It's eerie that he has all the qualities that Unitas displayed dealing with football and life. Baltimore has a QB that talks with his play and not his mouth. Possibility of Joe breaking the all time win record in a Qbs career is mind boggling. Those years of average Qbs in Ravens past history have been forgotten with Joe Flacco leading the offense. Still Wacko for Flacco!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    I thought of Gramatica too. Poor bastard.
    and while we're talking weird injuries. another favorite of mine is still the Jaguars punter. Jack Del Rio, in his rookie HC year in 2003, had the mantra "Keep Chopping Wood" (Chisel away at the objects in front of you), and put a stump of wood with an axe in it inside the locker room. Well, a couple players took some chops at it, and up comes Chris Hanson, the punter. He misses the stump and hits his foot, keeping him out for the remainder of the season. Couple years ago, John Harbaugh was using a sword and a shovel patch to signify hard workers and in the 2009-2010 playoffs in the locker room, he brought out a shovel and a sword to re-state it. Then quickly added "Be careful with that, it's a real sword". I believe within moments, Chad Steele or Kevin Byrne wisely decided to get it OUT of the locker room.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

I forgot about the Del Rio incident. The sword story is hilarious.

Joe's car (click on #47 in the gallery)

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...1.photogallery
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Real Fan Dan View Post
    Joe's car (click on #47 in the gallery)

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...1.photogallery
    Holy Crap, he will never fit in that.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I liked when he ran out on the field too. He got tackled by Pitta, Taylor, and an OL, and all you hear as he's going down is "Yeeaaaahhhhhhhhhhholyshi"
    I love this highlight so much. I've watched it several times. It's just pure, blue-collar joy. It's as real as you get. Joe had just achieved a lifetime dream and is rolling around on the ground screaming "Yesss!!!" while his teammates (who know they wouldn't be there without him) tackle him. Incredible.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh