Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Steeler fan here; screw the Steelers Nation forums.

I've had it with most of the "fans" there.

There is no class; bandwagon fans, people trying to be a holier fan than thee, whiners, idiots who know jack shit about football, rabid fans who hate everything, people who want to fire Mike Tomlin for gods sake!

The mods are overpowered to, and cocky. The people here are nicer to me than over there!

I've moved to Steelers Fever. Unless that place drastically changes, I'm staying away.

/rant

Re: Steeler fan here; fuck the Steelers Nation forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Quackjack View Post

There is no class; bandwagon fans, people trying to be a holier fan than thee, whiners, idiots who know jack shit about football, rabid fans who hate everything, people who want to fire Mike Tomlin for gods sake!

The mods are overpowered to, and cocky. The people here are nicer to me than over there!

I've moved to Steelers Fever. Unless that place drastically changes, I'm staying away.

/rant
    Good move, those Peeps never think they will lose a game. The never admit to a salary cap issue and never give credit to other teams that beat them. Pretty unknowledgeable fanbase on that forum. Steelerfury isnt that much better, btw.

Blog Entries

six rings

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Good move, those Peeps never think they will lose a game. The never admit to a salary cap issue and never give credit to other teams that beat them. Pretty unknowledgeable fanbase on that forum. Steelerfury isnt that much better, btw.
    They don't know anything. If the Steelers lose god forbid you are caught in the mess. Sore losers.

They go hard over there. I always visit after they lose just to watch them jump off the ledge. The dude with the Ben pic while holding the cheese is the worse.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!

Blog Entries

I cross post on Steelersfever occasionally. I try to stay as factual/objective as I can when commenting on their threads. I do find the "fire Tomlin" threads hilarious when he has one or two screwups with time management. All things considered, there are some crazy posts here as well and you have to try to get people to back away from the ledge when the Ravens have a bad loss. You'd think this team was 3-7 or something sometimes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    I cross post on Steelersfever occasionally. I try to stay as factual/objective as I can when commenting on their threads. I do find the "fire Tomlin" threads hilarious when he has one or two screwups with time management. All things considered, there are some crazy posts here as well and you have to try to get people to back away from the ledge when the Ravens have a bad loss. You'd think this team was 3-7 or something sometimes.
    This thread, for me being the enemy, has treated me *mostly* well.

Blog Entries

Have you not seen the "fire Harbaugh" posts, even after we win around here?

I agree though, this place is my favorite Ravens forum I've been on, the official Ravens board isn't great.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Have you not seen the "fire Harbaugh" posts, even after we win around here?

I agree though, this place is my favorite Ravens forum I've been on, the official Ravens board isn't great.
    Shoot me, but Tomlin is a better coach than Harbaugh. Trying to fire him is worse.

Re: Steeler fan here; screw the Steelers Nation forums.

/rant
    Alot of us got booted from Steelers Nation many years ago due to the Admins. inability to tolerate Ravens fans being there, particularly after a Steelers loss to the Ravens.

Prior to the game the masses there were permitted to say whatever they wanted, but after a loss, it would be shut down to Ravens fans if they so much as posted a response that had any level of negativity towards the Steelers.

It was pretty much a classic case of being able to dish it out but not take it.

Admins. name was "Diamond Dave" who quite frankly I'm not even sure if he still runs the place.
    I'll occasionally take a view or two over there just to see what's going on and possibly get some 411 on the Steelers but that's about it.

As far as the people over here being nicer to you then there.....

Let's see what happens after a Ravens loss to the Steelers before you make full judgement.

For the most part over here, if you come over here and conduct yourself in an appropriate manner, we're cool with you.

There has always been several Steelers fans that have visited here that manage to be decent contributors to these forums and have had no issues.
    On the flip side, there's been hundreds that have been shown the door rather quickly.
    All is dictated by how you conduct yourself.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Shoot me, but Tomlin is a better coach than Harbaugh. Trying to fire him is worse.
    Having Superbowl appearances and wins pretty much can't be argued with, but I think the personnel (including assistant coaches) has alot to do with the head coaches success.

With that being said, I like Tomlin as well.
    Why any fan would want him fired is mind boggling IMO.
    I'd have no problem with him as our teams head coach.

I love listening to his pre-game press conferences prior to our games.

Some of the stuff he says I find to be honest, to the point, and entertaining as hell.

Last week was the line when he was asked about missing certain players and its impact.

His response was that they put their focus on the players that are there, and that excuses are tools of the incompetent.

How do you not respect that?

Not sure if it was last year, or the year before, but he was asked about facing our offense and its weapons.

He started talking about how well Flacco was playing and naming the guys around him and their play making ability, etc., finally ended with something along the lines of "from where I sit, it's a horror show".

Comment had me rolling.

Dude is cool!!
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

As I have stated on this forum before, I am a huge fan of Tomlin's. I think he and the Rooney family are the two things I admire most (the only two things?) about the hated steelers.

If memory serves me he has a defensive backround, and ran a system very different then Dick Lebeau's. Yet even as a new, young coach coming into Pittsburgh he had the good sense to stick with what works. As mentioned above, he wins points with me for his no nonsense, no excuses approach. I think his players respect him and play hard for him. This isn't a knock on Harbaugh, but if I had my choice between the two, I would take Tomlin.

As long as the front office keeps drafting as well as it usually does, I suspect I will be hating Tomlin a long time.