Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Joe Flacco Could Set A Record Sunday

I was watching Around The Horn this afternoon and Bill Plaschke stated that Eli Manning tied a record for road playoff victories with four. I looked up the record because I couldn't believe that to be right, but sure enough, it is.

QBs with most road playoff victories, career (all with four):

Len Dawson
    Jake Delhomme
    Joe Flacco
    Eli Manning
    Mark Sanchez
    Roger Staubach

Note: Super Bowl victories are considered "neutral site" victories, not road wins.

So, with a victory Sunday, Flacco will either hold the record alone or be tied with Eli Manning (if the NY Giants defeat the San Francisco 49ers). Sure, it's not a big deal record but it is remarkable that in all the years of the NFL, the record is four.

Blog Entries

Re: Joe Flacco Could Set A Record Sunday

Two quarterbacks that don't get enough credit for the role they play in their teams' success.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

And he could do it his first 4 years coming out of Division II football.

But it will mean nothing, just like every other thing he has accomplished in his first 4 years.

Not to nitpick but it was Division I-AA, not Division II, but yeah I get your point.

Blog Entries

That record is probably not on the top of his list but I sure as hell hope he gets it, because it would mean Festivus Maximus!

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Go Joe!!! Prove all of the doubters wrong. I'm driving my family crazy. Is it Sunday yet!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Two quarterbacks that don't get enough credit for the role they play in their teams' success.
    THIS. It's amazing the amount of energy people (myself included) spend perusing this forum and posting without really stepping back and looking at the situation we're in. People would kill for our success, QB, coach, D, etc. We're so fortunate yet we complain about not being dominant enough in advancing to the AFC Championship. But we're a passionate breed around here. Hence the 9-0 at home this year. No coincidence IMO.

What the hell isn't a record these days. Every damn game somebody is setting record or doing something never done before. Technology has made it too easy to track every minute detail of the game.

Of course I would love for it to happen but it is meaningless, doesn't make Joe any better or worse.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post

But it will mean nothing, just like every other thing he has accomplished in his first 4 years.
    Lets face it, Kyle Boller could lead this team to the playoffs with the Ravens' defense. wait....

The national media bashing of Flacco is out of control this week. Strange to say, but I'm almost more excited by the prospect of them having to eat their words than the Ravens going to the Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post

Yes, but it will matter a great deal to you and i and the rest of Baltimore Fandom and that is all that REALLY matters. ;)
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Sure, it's not a big deal record
    It is to me.

Thanks for posting that, alien bird. Sometimes I wish we had the rep system back, but that's long gone.

Anyway. If I were to draw up an ideal quarterback, he wouldn't be that much different from Joe Flacco: He says great things about his teammates, he talks respectfully about other teams and people, he is a *winner*, and when my kid & I bumped into him, he could not have been nicer to my kid or more respectful to me.

We are seriously, seriously lucky. We could be in Pittsburgh, rooting for a self centered neanderthal, or Boston, rooting for a lady's man coached by a cheating turd, and telling ourselves "Well, at least they win. Other fans must be jealous." Not me. Not this fan of the Baltimore Ravens.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.