Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Harbaugh won't rule out trade

Lets hope, i'm sure Rex knows we have talent at DT, but not Greg he is declining, but he knows Mckinney from last year and Talouva. Big bodies to free up Scott which is how Rex plays it.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Sounds enticing on the surface.

Can't imagine he wants to stay in DC.

I cannot locate his contract info.
    He is an UFA after this year, and recently made negative comments about Snyder that got a lot of play in the Washington press.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/33282635/ns/sports-nfl/

“We’ve got a lot of things we need to iron out, a lot of problems,” cornerback Carlos Rogers said. “It’s from personnel to coaches to whatever it is, there’s a lot of things we need to iron out, and until we address those issues and turn it around, we’re going to be the same, going up and down. It not only starts with the players, coaches; it starts with the ownership. They bring everybody in and they’ve got last say-so of everything, so that’s where it starts, I guess.”
    Many in the DC media speculated that quote just wrote his ticket out of town. If the Skins were SMART they would trade him for a nice pick right now, but we know they are idiots and usually do the opposite.....give UP picks for players. They have one good corner that just got a big contract, and it probably would not be wise to pay another guy a lot of money at the same position.

But again, this is the Redskins so all the normal rules and strategy of how to build a team and allocate resources goes out the window.

Rogers is easily a top 10 corner, and I would not hesitate giving up a second and another late pick for him along with a contract.

One other thing is, because of the CBA issues he might not be a FA after this year so that may play a role in them not wanting to move him.

Either way a call should be made and after those comments I am sure it has bee by Ozzie and company.

3. Re: Harbaugh won't rule out trade

Andy Reid is talking about needing help at MLB, and with Maclin playing well they could have some WR's on the block. If we could get Kevin Curtis for McClain or Burgess that would be very good for both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    I was thinking maybe Dunta Robinson, Ronde Barber.

Pray for Samari Rolle and C Mac to come walking back through the door ready to play.

I would give Webb a shot at the starting job and let Parmale or Lawrence run back the kicks.

The DB play has been terrible. I really thought Landry looked lost, the CBs were not covering, Reed looked out of position. The coordinators did not seem to know what to do. Last year we had Washington, Walker and Ivy as the top 3 CBs for long stretches and shut teams down. The personel has not changed that much to go from first to worst in coverage.
    Yea i like Dunta Robinson too, the question is how much will he cost? but if there is no CBA maybe this is less of an issue, maybe we could move Mcgahee to them in a trade since there running game has faltered a little this year, i'd luv to keep Willis but we are starting to have more needs then i thought we would and he's a luxury with Rice and Mcclain being here and able to run the ball

5. Re: Harbaugh won't rule out trade

From Rotoworld:

Ravens OLB Antwan Barnes has reportedly been on the trade block since camp.
    Barnes is a vicious special teamer and can rush the QB, but is injury prone and seems to often play out of control. The Ravens do have enough depth at outside linebacker to pull the trigger on a deal should he garner interest.

^Maybe Barnes in a package w/picks could fetch us a corner or wr and at the same time get Kruger on the field

7. Terrible luck yesterday

Ravens fans:
    I bleed purple also, but to a different logo. The Ravens deserved to win that game. What a great second half your team played, only to lose three feet to the left.
    My team collapsed in the second half, and it concerns me greatly. We thought we had a good defense, and apparently we do not. Good thing the Vikings are in a weak division.
    I remember how your Colts were stolen away in the dark of night....might happen to us, too, because we won't build a new stadium for the Wilfs.
    ---Vikings Fan

Blog Entries

After Cam got the shit out of his ears after the first half our O lite it up I don't think the need for a WR is a big concern right now. I think we need to focus on getting the pass rush back and clean up our secondary. I doubt anybody deals us a true #1 CB, so WR might be the only thing we go after, but something needs to happen with this secondary, out O is still to young to go into shot outs. Come on Bowe.

9. Re: Harbaugh won't rule out trade

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    ^Maybe Barnes in a package w/picks could fetch us a corner or wr and at the same time get Kruger on the field
    I think the ship has sailed with Kruger playing the OLB spot for the Ravens. It seems like we tried him there during camp and he just didn't do enough to warrant a spot on game day.

I am not saying he is a bust or anything of that sort, but I think he has packed it in for the season to prepare for being the next Trevor Pryce in this defense. I could see this season and next off-season devoted to him putting on the weight and strength to be able to play the 3-4 DE position for next year when we will need him.

This is just my thoughts on the situation, but it makes sense considering his lack of PT this year, as well as our future need for Pryce's replacement.

Now, I think Barnes would be a nice guy to trade, perhaps along with McKinney or Talavou to get us a WR, CB, or both.

Quote Originally Posted by baltimore_hokie View Post
    I think the ship has sailed with Kruger playing the OLB spot for the Ravens. It seems like we tried him there during camp and he just didn't do enough to warrant a spot on game day.

I am not saying he is a bust or anything of that sort, but I think he has packed it in for the season to prepare for being the next Trevor Pryce in this defense. I could see this season and next off-season devoted to him putting on the weight and strength to be able to play the 3-4 DE position for next year when we will need him.

This is just my thoughts on the situation, but it makes sense considering his lack of PT this year, as well as our future need for Pryce's replacement.

Now, I think Barnes would be a nice guy to trade, perhaps along with McKinney or Talavou to get us a WR, CB, or both.

Au Contraire, I think it's pretty clear that kruger was drafted as part of our transition towards a 4-3. I think Suggs and Kruger are designed to be the bookends of a 4 man line. He never really seemed to fit in to a 3-4, and was confused at first after the draft. After 6 games of the season I am no longer. This team will be a 4-3 next year full time.

11. Re: Harbaugh won't rule out trade

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Au Contraire, I think it's pretty clear that kruger was drafted as part of our transition towards a 4-3. I think Suggs and Kruger are designed to be the bookends of a 4 man line. He never really seemed to fit in to a 3-4, and was confused at first after the draft. After 6 games of the season I am no longer. This team will be a 4-3 next year full time.
    There would be some place for him this year as an edge rusher, even if we were to switch formations next year. I am attributing his lack of playing time to him getting ready for next year physically, but a switch to the 4-3 is possible for next year. I don't see any more 4-3 DE's on the roster this year, but I suppose they could be added through FA or the draft.

Blog Entries

Maybe Kruger is so good they're waiting to unleash him on the Stoolers?

;)