Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Trade for Kirk cousins

329 yards and 2 TD's in his first start is pretty impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenMan;537996[B
    ]You also can't say that he is better than Joe based off of one good game[/B] which makes this whole thread and the OP laughable.
    You're right.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Remember what happened when the Jets traded up to get a 6'2 QB from USC a few years back? I don't want a Mark Sanchez clone, Barkley has played terrible this year too.
    I don't see him as a Sanchez clone at all. Barkley reminds me of Jake Locker. All that really matters is whether the Ravens FO likes him or not and obviously we're not going to hear for a while.

I do think they have to do something in this draft. They don't have the space to get a QB in free agency. There is no way they are going to pay Flacco what he wants and might even pull the offer the made before the season. They need an option at the position and I doubt TT is it.

Do you think kirk cousins gonna last in arc north? Very doubtful. Face it people Flacco staying in Baltimore whether we like it or.not.

Blog Entries
    How can anyone make a case for paying joe a lot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Barkely could be in trading range if the Ravens are interested. They're not doing that and extending Flacco. It's possible, though unlikely, they would draft Barkley and franchise Flacco for the season. That would give them some real options for 2014
    Barkley is Leinart all over again IMO.

This team needs to get better in the trenches both offensively and defensively. That is the #1 priority period. QB should be low on our priority list. First off there not really any great ones out there to be had, secondly I don't care how good a QB you get, they will not win with the Dline and Oline we currently are trotting out there.

Fix the trenches...thats my Mantra. Even if you have to franchise Joe and make a call on him the following season. We at least know that with Joe, if surrounded with the right personnel he can win. We know without decent line personnel we will not....that makes the decision a no brainer.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by D-RavedUp5-27-52-20 View Post
    Do you think kirk cousins gonna last in arc north? Very doubtful. Face it people Flacco staying in Baltimore whether we like it or.not.
    Only if Flacco agrees to take what the Ravens offer him. If not he might want to try his luck in Oakland or Buffalo or Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    329 yards and 2 TD's in his first start is pretty impressive.
    i remember Eric Zeier for the Browns throwing for similar stats in his first start and that never went anywhere. The problem is that people are to week to week. Eli Manning played horribly today so maybe the Giants should get Cousins and what if Joe lights it up next week, can already see the excuses that the Giants aren't good.

To think that all the issues would be fixed in one week was just dumb. It is going to take the offseason to really fix this, all they can do here is throw some wrinkles in and try and execute which was always part of the problem. I will at least give Jim and Joe the rest of the games this season to make any real judgement.

I really think some of you thought the Offense was goign to come out and not miss any beats and Joe would throw for 6 TDs. Before you think otherwise I am dissapointed in what I saw but there were also some good things just too few.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I don't see him as a Sanchez clone at all. Barkley reminds me of Jake Locker. All that really matters is whether the Ravens FO likes him or not and obviously we're not going to hear for a while.

I do think they have to do something in this draft. They don't have the space to get a QB in free agency. There is no way they are going to pay Flacco what he wants and might even pull the offer the made before the season. They need an option at the position and I doubt TT is it.
    I think if worst comes to worse you franchise him one year and you spend your efforts fixing the lines.

If Joe fails with a new coordinator then you can move on. At least in this scenario whatever rookie QB or FA you bring in might have the personnel around them to be successful. Right now that highly doubtful unless they address it.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

maybe we can lure Bulger out of retirement

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    Barkley is Leinart all over again IMO.

This team needs to get better in the trenches both offensively and defensively. That is the #1 priority period. QB should be low on our priority list. First off there not really any great ones out there to be had, secondly I don't care how good a QB you get, they will not win with the Dline and Oline we currently are trotting out there.

Fix the trenches...thats my Mantra. Even if you have to franchise Joe and make a call on him the following season. We at least know that with Joe, if surrounded with the right personnel he can win. We know without decent line personnel we will not....that makes the decision a no brainer.
    I would agree with you if Flacco didn't cost the Ravens $14 million next year or $100 million over the next bunch of years. The money is the problem. How are you going to replace that many players on the lines and pay Flacco? They're isn't the cap space for both.

There are too many huge holes on this team for us to even think about drafting a QB early.

Joe's inconsistency is a massive problem, but unfortunately it's the least of our worries.