Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Flacco vs remainig Qbs in the Playoffs

so why the hell did you start the EXCAT same thread, with The EXCAT same info that was posted 45 mins before yours? dont you read the other threads

Re: Flacco vs remainig Qbs in the Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    so why the hell did you start the EXCAT same thread, with The EXCAT same info that was posted 45 mins before yours? dont you read the other threads
    Because I didn'nt see it earlier. No need to be rude....

Blog Entries

Re: Comparing Flacco to the other playoff QBs left - very surprising

It's Cam. Wishing Norv was going to be available but it doesn't look like it. Brad Childress is a name I haven't seen ANYONE bring up, however he was on Philly's staff as QB's coach and OC that brought up a certain guy named McNabb, and that offense went to numerous championships and a super bowl. Than of course there is McDaniels. He had a mediocre term in Denver but he's a Bellicheat disciple(sp?) so that good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    It's Cam. Wishing Norv was going to be available but it doesn't look like it. Brad Childress is a name I haven't seen ANYONE bring up, however he was on Philly's staff as QB's coach and OC that brought up a certain guy named McNabb, and that offense went to numerous championships and a super bowl. Than of course there is McDaniels. He had a mediocre term in Denver but he's a Bellicheat disciple(sp?) so that good enough for me.
    McDaniels is already back in New England...

5. Re: Comparing Flacco to the other playoff QBs left - very surprising

Those are pretty legit numbers. I've said it over and over. Joe is gonna be a great one, he just isn't there yet. I still think we need to get him more reliable weapons around him.

Also idk Cam? I still Believe in Cam, but i'm more than curious to see what Joe can do with a better OC.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chicagoravensfan View Post
    One other interesting note while looking at Eli Manning's career numbers. In the NFC Championship game vs. Green Bay in '07 here are his stats:

52.5% Comp %, 6.3 Y/A, 0 TD 0 INT

Compare to Flacco vs. the Texans which the media has decided was dreadful:

51.9 Comp. %, 6.5 Y/A, 2 TD 0 INT
    But what about this year's game for both QBs = Eli against GB was 21/33 for 330 yds and 3 TDs. It's about getting better each year, and Flacco has struggled this year more than last.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I'm wondering if maybe we look to the college ranks for an OC. Bring in someone who can incorporate more spread opportunities into our power run game.

I literally just thought of something. One of the reasons our offense has issues is that while Joe throws best in an uptempo shotgun set, Ray does his best running out of a slowed down grinding power I set. It means that we can only really commit to one or the other. And while I know Joe can be deadly out of the play action boot, Cam seems to have gotten away from that lately for some reason.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.369112,-76.761232
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mjones73 View Post
    McDaniels is already back in New England...
    I didn't see the details of the contract. I was more or less just banking on it being a sneaky sneaky by Bellicheat and he'll be back on the market after the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    But what about this year's game for both QBs = Eli against GB was 21/33 for 330 yds and 3 TDs. It's about getting better each year, and Flacco has struggled this year more than last.
    Huh?

Eli is on his 8th year, Flacco his 4th. We will cross that bridge in 2015, not now. Eli had a 77 rating in year 3, and a 73 rating in year 4.

Eli never had a QB rating of over 77 his 1st 4 years. 7-7.

Flacco is so far ahead of Eli at this point of his career they almost aren't even comparable.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post
    Huh?

Eli is on his 8th year, Flacco his 4th. We will cross that bridge in 2015, not now. Eli had a 77 rating in year 3, and a 73 rating in year 4.

Eli never had a QB rating of over 77 his 1st 4 years. 7-7.

Flacco is so far ahead of Eli at this point of his career they almost aren't even comparable.
    I'd rather have the SB win than the stats but I get your point; wouldn't say they're not comporable though.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Re: Comparing Flacco to the other playoff QBs left (Merged Threads)

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    I'm wondering if maybe we look to the college ranks for an OC. Bring in someone who can incorporate more spread opportunities into our power run game.

I literally just thought of something. One of the reasons our offense has issues is that while Joe throws best in an uptempo shotgun set, Ray does his best running out of a slowed down grinding power I set. It means that we can only really commit to one or the other. And while I know Joe can be deadly out of the play action boot, Cam seems to have gotten away from that lately for some reason.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.369112,-76.761232
    I don't know about that. Rice seems to do pretty well out of a draw when Flacco is in the gun and were running 3 or 4 wide.

I just think we have the personnel to run that style of offense. We're not that ground and pound any more based on personnel. That isn't Jamal back there it's Rice, and it's Flacco(who does better in the gun) not a washed up McNair or before him the laundry list of QB's. You have a burner on the outside in TSmith, a beast slot guy in Boldin, and another possesion but speedy guy in Evans. Add in rotating out Pitta(hands) or Dickson(matchup) and you have the perfect spread offense in personnel.

Manning's Superbowl was super flukey though. Not taking anything away from what he did because he was monster clutch in that game, but the Giants d-line had a much bigger role in that win than Eli.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.369168,-76.761229
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron