Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: VONTA LEACH: Is he a MUST KEEP?

No offense with Boldin starting at WR is finesse either lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    No offense with Boldin starting at WR is finesse either lol
    lol yes forgot about Boldin. hey it's early...

I think they will cut him and try to resign him to a cheaper deal.

Question is would he rather be here and win?

Or go to a team that will pay him more and not be successful?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Webb View Post
    So Leach is the difference between us being a finesse offense and a physical offsense? There are cheaper options. That being said I'd love him back.
    Cheap doesn't equate to better. Cheaper options might not be able to put Patrick Willis flat on his ass the way that Leach has done in the past. Cheaper options might not make LBs submit the way Leach has, shying away from him when he comes through the hole for Rice.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

It's not only the physical dominance that they display on the field. It is the mentality of toughness and resiliency against more physical defenses that Anquan Boldin and Vontae Leach bring to the locker room. San Fransisco, for example, came in thinking that they could physically dominate the Ravens offense and that doing so would equate to a victory. As it turned out, They couldn't do that, thanks to the presence of those two, and it set up the Ravens ability to not worry about that, and execute.

He might not be in on every play, but that is an added dimension that you lose if he's gone. With him there, you can still run your I-formation and your goalline effectiveness remains. You can stand up to more physically imposing defenses and you can still crunch some clock late in games. Those are all valuable assets to an offense.

If you lose Leach, you lose a dimension. Not necessarily the ability to run the ball, since the Ravens did well running the ball out of lighter packages, but I think you understand where I am coming from
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Denver thought the same thing as SF and couldn't do it but Matt from the Carroll County Times was on 105.7 during the 3 pm hour and said Leach's playing time decreased this year by 25% or more as Ravens went to 3 WR sets, somebody has to come out and that was Leach. So since his playing time was diminished the Ravens might not be able to justify his salary. I've heard others on radio say about the same thing. I personally want him but if it's between Boldin and Leach, then Leach walks.

Matt also said Joe's contract makes it possible to keep Boldin. So if Ozzie can keep Ellerbe and Boldin after this contract it will be a big coup.

I read the Q&A in the Baltimore Sun with the guy from PFF and he was saying that Caldwell favored three wr sets and less use of a traditional fullback. The Ravens need every dime they can get to sure up the LT spot, ILB, and Safety spot. Fullback is a luxury they cannot afford to spend on. Under Cam it was a necessity. The team may also need to look at wrs depending on what Caldwell's thoughts are on the young guys.

Blog Entries

Cut Jacoby Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Cut Jacoby Jones.
    Blasphemy.

How hard is it to draft a fullback that can make adequate blocks for one of the best RBs in the game? Leech is certainly expendable.

Sent from my C5155 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

How hard is it for find a FB that can put Patrick Willis on his back?

Pretty hard.

If we keep him, we should use him more on 1st down pass plays (actually throw it to him 2-3 times per game). But I suspect he will be a cap casualty.