Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Separation

Re: Separation

Cam Cameron's Amazing Recipe for Offensive Ineptness.

1. Slow developing patterns with a team that comes after the QB relentlessly - check
    2. Offensive line that cant hold blocks long enough to allow patterns to develop - check
    3 Keep all-pro running back in to block so slow developing patterns can still not develop
    4. Rinse and Repeat.

Its really that simple. Cams offensive plays just do not fit the personnel and he still refuses to change it.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    Cam Cameron's Amazing Recipe for Offensive Ineptness.

1. Slow developing patterns with a team that comes after the QB relentlessly - check
    2. Offensive line that cant hold blocks long enough to allow patterns to develop - check
    3 Keep all-pro running back in to block so slow developing patterns can still not develop
    4. Rinse and Repeat.

Its really that simple. Cams offensive plays just do not fit the personnel and he still refuses to change it.
    You forgot his favorite play. Play action pass with only one receiver running and he is running a deep route down the sidelines.

Maybe one of you guys can help me: what pass plays WILL work with an O line that . . . well I can't think of the right word: impotent?? seive? pathetic? embarrassment? incompetent? How about, our O line STINKS?

C: way past his "sell by" date. Backup (do we have one?) NOT ready to step in
    RG: SOLID
    RT: (Injured) rookie who has shown promise AND room for improvement. Backup: LOL. ALWAYS hurt.
    LG: WAY over the hill vet. Backup:a 6th round, small college tackle (?) WTF!
    LT: great movie, mediocre (on a good day) player. Backup: unmotivated fat guy who live at 1 Harbaugh Doghouse Lane..

These guys are NOT above average running OR passing.

I do NOT like Cam. But his offense is built on a foundation built of quicksand and whipped cream. What do you do: Run Ray Rice into a brick wall or have Joe Flacco beaten into hamburg as he tries to pass?

This team needs an overhaul from top to bottom = beginning with the coordinators. Next year will be a big time rebuilding rear - no playoffs in 2013 EITHER.

Blame the pass protection being offered to the qb.

6. Re: Separation

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    Maybe one of you guys can help me: what pass plays WILL work with an O line that . . . well I can't think of the right word: impotent?? seive? pathetic? embarrassment? incompetent? How about, our O line STINKS?

RT: (Injured) rookie who has shown promise AND room for improvement. Backup: LOL. ALWAYS hurt.
    LT: great movie, mediocre (on a good day) player. Backup: unmotivated fat guy who live at 1 Harbaugh Doghouse Lane..

I do NOT like Cam. But his offense is built on a foundation built of quicksand and whipped cream. What do you do: Run Ray Rice into a brick wall or have Joe Flacco beaten into hamburg as he tries to pass?
    Screens, slants, short digs, quick drags, and 10 yrd stop routes.

But Cam is like a golfer who can drive the ball a long way but can't sink a 3 footer.

He just has no short game.

And the O-line was blocking well for Rice: only 9 carries, but for 42 yards = 4.7 yards per carry.

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    You forgot his favorite play. Play action pass with only one receiver running and he is running a deep route down the sidelines.
    This!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post

Well for starters they could run more slants, crosses, rub routes (picks) and screens. Quick hitting plays that force the defense to react, instead of having their pass rushers tee off all game long.

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    This team needs an overhaul from top to bottom = beginning with the coordinators. Next year will be a big time rebuilding rear - no playoffs in 2013 EITHER.
    If the team doesn't win anymore this year, should get some great draft picks.LOL