Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Blog Entries

Re: Reading the offseason tea leaves

Caldwell deserves a lifetime contract. IMHO.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    Caldwell deserves a lifetime contract. IMHO.
    ...at some 1-AA school.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

shas-
    I'm honored by your comments! Hope your "personal life" truly is going well.

One question based upon your overall perspective (1st post) of what the draft will look like --
    Do you see the Ravens essentially following that pattern because of need v. their advertised Best Player Available mantra? I'm sure BPA is augmented by some "Hey, we're dying on the OL" type needs, so I'm wondering if we'll see some "unusual" picks that might seem like head-scratchers.

OTOH, now that I think about it, is there really ANY position/area that doesn't need some enhancement? I suspect that Ozzie and Harbaugh will be conferencing with their respective staffs in order to come up with a wish list, and it may just have a few surprises from what many fans feel are priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Dont Know View Post
    I think that would be a disaster or perhaps more a repeat of the same disaster we saw this year.

No idea how credible this is, but it has an eery feeling of familiarity to it.
    Hostler sounds like the perfect candidate for OC. NOT!

The notorious matt furstenberg. We won't ignore the tight end position as long as you have

iggyman555 Guest

whoa

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...6&media-type=N

But here’s the thing. After returning from hip surgery, Pitta ran 79.7 percent of his routes out of the slot, the highest rate of all NFL tight ends, according to The Baltimore Sun.

Thus, Pitta could be considered a receiver, which would mean his franchise tag would go up by nearly $5 million to $11.539 million.
    Last edited by iggyman555; 01-11-2014 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    A few things:

Pitta - There's no way we franchise him as a WR.

Leigh Ann Tuohy - Shut up! Your tarnishing my Sandra Bullock fantasy

Jacoby Jones - wearing a Skankee hat. C'mon man!

Blog Entries

There is no way that the Ravens franchise Pitta as a TE or as a WR. He is a good player, and is tight with Flacco, but he is not worth $6M/year much less $11M/year.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    There is no way that the Ravens franchise Pitta as a TE or as a WR. He is a good player, and is tight with Flacco, but he is not worth $6M/year much less $11M/year.
    If there is a no way in this equation, it would be the team (and the owner) letting Pitta sign elsewhere. There is no way they go into next season, paying Flacco what they are paying them, with exactly none of the tight ends coming back -- meaning, for the second consecutive year, they will have allowed their QB's best receiving option walk from the team. No way in hell. If it means overpaying him or franchising him, I guarantee that happens before they let him walk.

Blog Entries

Honestly agree 99%. Including us drafting Evans. Only exception being we will resign Monroe and Oher is def gone. Just reports coming from the Ravens are all showing the coaching. Staff doesn't want Oher back. At all. Thank god. Also think KO stays at LG and they draft a RT to compete with Reid and company.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    If there is a no way in this equation, it would be the team (and the owner) letting Pitta sign elsewhere. There is no way they go into next season, paying Flacco what they are paying them, with exactly none of the tight ends coming back -- meaning, for the second consecutive year, they will have allowed their QB's best receiving option walk from the team. No way in hell. If it means overpaying him or franchising him, I guarantee that happens before they let him walk.
    Hey Has. I don't think they will franchise Pitta even if it means letting him walk, but I doubt it comes to that. Let him test the market and see what his real price point is, then sign him. They've done it several times. But they can't pay him what the franchise tag demands.

Priorities are fixing the Oline and run game first IMO and getting another big WR

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!