Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Salary Cap Update

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Wasn't he the starting center for the Rams towards the end of last season though?
    True, but I think it's an example of "one man's trash is another man's treasure". The Rams had so many injuries on the OL last year that they even had Mark LeVoir, a total washout here at Guard and OT, starting at LT.

Mattison is currently listed as a back-up for the Rams now.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    True, but I think it's an example of "one man's trash is another man's treasure". The Rams had so many injuries on the OL last year that they even had Mark LeVoir, a total washout here at Guard and OT, starting at LT.

Mattison is currently listed as a back-up for the Rams now.
    Yeah not that he was good or anything for them, I heard he was pretty terrible.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Greg Mattison did!
    B-More Ravor, you are cold blooded.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

I agree that ellerbe is making a little more money than he is probably worth. But looking at the roster, there isnt a whole lot of experience at the linebacker position this year and i think i would rather hold onto a guy that had been in the system for the last few years. You never know, he could be a sleeper to put in a decent season for us.

Blog Entries
    I still think David Reed is going to be waived or given an injury settlement. Not that he is expensive, but he isnt a very accomplished receiver and jacoby or asa will be the kick/punt returner moving forward.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    I agree that ellerbe is making a little more money than he is probably worth. But looking at the roster, there isnt a whole lot of experience at the linebacker position this year and i think i would rather hold onto a guy that had been in the system for the last few years. You never know, he could be a sleeper to put in a decent season for us.
    I think you sum it up perfectly. Ellerbee seems to the target for many this year but he does provide depth with some exp. Not sure how a UDFA can be a disappointed. Also the Ravens are a team that makes pretty good decisions and they felt like his play deserved the second round tender.
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 08-08-2012 at 08:53 AM.

Another place the Ravens could decide to cut payroll is at kicker. Cundiff's number is $2.8m for 2012 of which $600,000 is bonus. Appears they'd pick up $1.6m ($2.2m - Tucker's salary of $540,000) this year and have $600,000 against the cap both this year and next in dead money.

Not sure it's worth it... but it's a thought.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by perryw9202 View Post
    Another place the Ravens could decide to cut payroll is at kicker. Cundiff's number is $2.8m for 2012 of which $600,000 is bonus. Appears they'd pick up $1.6m ($2.2m - Tucker's salary of $540,000) this year and have $600,000 against the cap both this year and next in dead money.

Not sure it's worth it... but it's a thought.
    To have a kicker who can hit a 32 yarder to potentially send the team to the Super Bowl is definitely worth it IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I still think David Reed is going to be waived or given an injury settlement. Not that he is expensive, but he isnt a very accomplished receiver and jacoby or asa will be the kick/punt returner moving forward.
    Makes sense, although you've now ignited the Reed supporters.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Makes sense, although you've now ignited the Reed supporters.

My bad. I didn't know that there really were any.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

My bad. I didn't know that there really were any.
    Yup. Both of them will be really fired up now.

Admittedly, I was a David Reed supporter for a long time, but the combination of injuries, lack of playing time, and yes, his ST miscues from last season have had the effect of changing my mind. I don't know how the coaches feel about him at this point, but I get the feeling they may be close to cutting bait here.