Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: New dem ad smears/lies about mitt killing woman

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    I stop listening to anyone who throws out the ol' Fox News bullshit that can never be backed up.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    What's funny is they think that's the only place to get news from other than the MSM...

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    I stop listening to anyone who throws out the ol' Fox News bullshit that can never be backed up.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    Wow. Let me get started

Let's start with "Government Takeover of Healthcare," aka Obamacare. This was the talking point of Fox News for the past couple years, and is completely untrue, since healthcare is by and large still being provided by private bodies. In fact, most of the stuff in Obamacare is based on the free market. An exchange is set up where private companies compete to insure people are aren't insured (wow, competition!). The government isn't taking over hospitals.

While we're on Obamacare, how about Death Panels, the biggest bullshit claim ever. Or how Obamacare will increase federal spending, when in reality, it ends up reducing the federal deficit in the long run while simultaneously providing healthcare to more people. Nice

How about Fox News telling everyone Obama is a big spender, when the reality is that federal spending has increased at the lowest rate in 60 or so years. Totally the same thing.

How about editing video footage to make it look like Michele Bachman's protest about health care had more people by splicing in shots of Glenn Beck's rally. Or selectively editing speeches by Obama to protray a completely misleading idea.

How about gas prices, where rising gas prices werent Bush's fault, but they were TOTALLY Obama's fault.

How about the "Christmas Tree Tax" levied by Obama? Oh wait, that was considered before Obama came into office. Not to mention, the fee is set by the Christmas Tree industry, not by Obama, and the money goes back to the industry to help market themselves. Huh.

How about Fox telling everyone that the median drop in net worth is clearly Obama's fault based on a study that covered 2007-2010 (huh, wasn't Bush in office in 2007 and 2008? He couldn't have anything to do with it though).

Then there's Mike Huckabee pushing the idea that Obama was taking federal money as a foreign student, and that he was raised in Kenya (Or Indonesia depending on the day we're listening).

Then there's Fox News mischaracterizing Obama's statements about The Defense of Marriage Act. He said he wouldn't defend its constitutionality, but somehow that translates to not enforcing DOMA. Interesting.

Then there's another Obama misquote: "Unlike some people, I wasn't born with a Silver Spoon in my mouth." Totally an attack on Mitt, grab your pitchforks! Oh wait...
    the actual quote was “Somebody gave me an education. I wasn’t born with a silver spoon in my mouth. Michelle wasn’t. But somebody gave us a chance — just like these folks up here are looking for a chance.”

I could go on and on, but its not like you'll believe anything I say anyways. After all, you all stop reading after the first point you disagree with.

Man accuses folks of repeating Fox News lies all the while makes his case using Daily Kos headlines.

Of, the delicious irony.
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 08-14-2012 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Man accuses folks of repeating Fox News lies all the while makes his case using MSNBC headlines.

Of, the delicious irony.
    What does this even mean? I don't watch MSNBC. In fact, I don't watch TV at all. A quick google search will show all of the things I listed + more.

Quote Originally Posted by CptJesus View Post
    What does this even mean? I don't watch MSNBC. In fact, I don't watch TV at all. A quick google search will show all of the things I listed + more.
    Meaning, you've basically poached all the Dem talking points about the Ryan plan and made them your own.

I made an edit to my original post to suit your TV viewing habits.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Meaning, you've basically poached all the Dem talking points about the Ryan plan and made them your own.

I made an edit to my original post to suit your TV viewing habits.
    Its not talking points. Its called research. We live in the information era. It's really NOT hard to find information about things. Also, no I don't use the Daily Kos either. I tend to veer away from anything that's very obviously biased. I prefer to draw my own conclusion. Why don't you do the same?

http://flaglerlive.com/42715/paul-ryan-cbo-budget/

Theres the CBO Analysis. Have fun.

Its not talking points. Its called research. We live in the information era. It's really NOT hard to find information about things. Also, no I don't use the Daily Kos either. I tend to veer away from anything that's very obviously biased. I prefer to draw my own conclusion. Why don't you do the same?

http://flaglerlive.com/42715/paul-ryan-cbo-budget/

Theres the CBO Analysis. Have fun.
    Where in the plan does it say it's benefiting the rich or shafting it to the middle and lower class? Got a page? Because I don't see it.

Blog Entries

Wow. Let me get started
    I'm not sure why you're bringing up all this as if Sting said these. Why are you bring these up?

I'm not sure, but it's vacation season so my clients aren't around and I'm bored so... why not.

Let's start with "Government Takeover of Healthcare," aka Obamacare. This was the talking point of Fox News for the past couple years, and is completely untrue, since healthcare is by and large still being provided by private bodies. In fact, most of the stuff in Obamacare is based on the free market. An exchange is set up where private companies compete to insure people are aren't insured (wow, competition!). The government isn't taking over hospitals.
    You don't consider the Government telling a private industry what product and how to offer it a takeover? What would you call that?

While we're on Obamacare, how about Death Panels,
    What do you think the Independent Panel and Adviosry board is?

Or how Obamacare will increase federal spending, when in reality, it ends up reducing the federal deficit in the long run while simultaneously providing healthcare to more people. Nice
    Health-care law will add $340 billion to deficit, new study finds

CBO: ObamaCare will cost $1T, still leaves 30 million uninsured

Two quick Google searches and I found this info, hardly Fox news.

How about Fox News telling everyone Obama is a big spender, when the reality is that federal spending has increased at the lowest rate in 60 or so years. Totally the same thing.
    http://www.factcheck.org/2012/06/oba...nferno-or-not/

Another quick Google search.

How about editing video footage to make it look like Michele Bachman's protest about health care had more people by splicing in shots of Glenn Beck's rally. Or selectively editing speeches by Obama to protray a completely misleading idea.
    All news edits footage, it's possible they did it purposefully. Maybe NBC, MSNBC, ABC, CBS edits things on purpose too.

NBC fires producer over edited Trayvon Martin call

MSNBC's in Trouble for Selectively Editing Romney's Wawa Moment

60 Minutes edits out “My mom is a Medicare senior in Florida” from Romney/Ryan interview

How about gas prices, where rising gas prices werent Bush's fault, but they were TOTALLY Obama's fault.
    Uh... Do you remember gas prices coming down before the 2008 election. Do you know why?

How about the "Christmas Tree Tax" levied by Obama? Oh wait, that was considered before Obama came into office. Not to mention, the fee is set by the Christmas Tree industry, not by Obama, and the money goes back to the industry to help market themselves. Huh.
    I'll give you that, that one was just plain stupid.

How about Fox telling everyone that the median drop in net worth is clearly Obama's fault based on a study that covered 2007-2010 (huh, wasn't Bush in office in 2007 and 2008? He couldn't have anything to do with it though).
    If the study covers 2007 - 2010, did you look at when the drop happened?

Then there's Mike Huckabee pushing the idea that Obama was taking federal money as a foreign student, and that he was raised in Kenya (Or Indonesia depending on the day we're listening).
    1) Do you know the difference between news and a talk show? (hint Huckabee is a talk show)
    2) Is that what he was doing, or was he commenting on someone else's opinion ( I honestly don't know)

Then there's Fox News mischaracterizing Obama's statements about The Defense of Marriage Act. He said he wouldn't defend its constitutionality, but somehow that translates to not enforcing DOMA. Interesting.
    Link?

Then there's another Obama misquote: "Unlike some people, I wasn't born with a Silver Spoon in my mouth." Totally an attack on Mitt, grab your pitchforks! Oh wait...
    the actual quote was “Somebody gave me an education. I wasn’t born with a silver spoon in my mouth. Michelle wasn’t. But somebody gave us a chance — just like these folks up here are looking for a chance.”
    Weak. It's paraphrasing, unless the either said quote or put it up on the screen in quotes, they're not quoting him.

I could go on and on, but its not like you'll believe anything I say anyways. After all, you all stop reading after the first point you disagree with.
    Here's what I see, typically when someone accuses someone else of something, it's because that's what they do. Or projection.

So my take form all this, is you go get your thoughts from a single Liberal source and think that''s what those who disagree with you do get it from Fox News....

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Or projection.
    Bingo!

http://www.urban.org/UploadedPDF/412...an_taxplan.pdf

Here's the analysis done by the Tax Policy Center (Nonpartisan).

Check out the section titled Distributional Analysis. Here's the relevant parts:

In sharp contrast, the top quintile would see their after-tax income jump 11 percent. Within that group, the top 1 percent would gain an average of 26 percent and the top 0.1 percent a whopping 36 percent. The share of total taxes paid by the bottom 80 percent would rise from 35 percent to 42 percent, while the share paid by the top 1 percent would fall by nearly half from 25 percent to 13.5 percent

The Tax Policy Center is an offshoot of the Brookings Institute, a left leaning think tank and run by Clinton's Secretary of State.

Nice try though.

Obamacare is a whole separate argument, but for the moment please tell us and link to us what news anchor on Fox News called it a "Government Takeover of Healthcare." Because unless you can prove that, you are just following someone else's words and not forming your own opinion as you later said you do.

Well your part about federal spending is not true, especially with a 5 trillion dollar debt since Obama took office, but Fox is allowed to report that since it is fact.

What?

Again, links to news anchors at Fox News blaming Obama for rising gas prices but not blaming Bush. Of course, all the other networks have done the opposite, but you're fixated on Fox right now.

Again, link?

As NC pointed out, Mike Huckabee's show is no different than Chris Matthews/Laurence O'Donnell/Ed Shultz/Rachel Maddow/Piers Morgan/etc:'s shows on the other networks. They are talk shows.

Uhhh, the President said he was instructing the Department of Defense to no longer defending DOMA in court. Since that is a fact, Fox News is well within their journalistic rights to report that. Sorry.

Again, gonna need a link.

And now you see why. But do us a favor please, just admit your left-leaning. Don't try to claim otherwise, because we can see right through it.