Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mike Evans

Blog Entries

Mike Evans

Wow.

The Ravens need to get that kid.

I was surprised with how much better his routes look. However, the guy is just incredible with the ball in his hands.

Evans on one side, Brown on the other and Torrey working the slot? That is a really nice thought. Work Doss, Thompson and Mellette in on different packages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: Mike Evans

11 receptions | 287 yards | 4 Touchdowns against Auborn

he has 1024 yards this year with 9 TDs. Two games with +250 yards (Alabama and Auborn)

He's amazing

Blog Entries

He's going to be a top 10 pick sorry Wicked....

I'd say yes for sure, but even with the way we're playing, I can't see us picking in the top 10. We could do with a stud at WR though...

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Wow.

The Ravens need to get that kid.

I was surprised with how much better his routes look. However, the guy is just incredible with the ball in his hands.

Evans on one side, Brown on the other and Torrey working the slot? That is a really nice thought. Work Doss, Thompson and Mellette in on different packages.

He reminds me of Brandon Marshall a bit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    He's going to be a top 10 pick sorry Wicked....

I'd say yes for sure, but even with the way we're playing, I can't see us picking in the top 10. We could do with a stud at WR though...
    With the way we're playing we may be picking in the top ten.

He's become a complete WR in just one year. Last year, he was better than average. Didn't use his height and frame as much as he could have, but man oh man has he grown up.

Evans, Cooks and then Watkins look to be the top 3.
    Lee's knee is going to cost him a top spot and maybe a 1st round selection entirely.
    Matthews, Landry and Beckham Jr. may be available in the 2nd.

I'm a bit pleased to say and think that we don't need to grab a WR at all next spring.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Mike Evans would be incredible.

I like Sammy Watkins a lot, but Evans has that size and he knows how to use it.

I will say, I like Jordan Matthews a lot. He's not as fast as Evans, but I think he is a bit more polished as a route runner.

A current Matthews comp IMO is Roddy White. Sammy if we finish that poorly is valuable with his KR/PR skills (Jacoby not resigned).
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Watkins isn't a particularly good returner. He's a beast of a receiver though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizerooskie View Post
    I love Watkins...great hands and terrific after the catch.

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mizerooskie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I love Watkins...great hands and terrific after the catch.

I was at the Clemson/MD game last weekend.

Sammy Watkins is pretty incredible. He's easily the best player on the field at any given time and that was saying a lot because Tahj Boyd and Vic Beasley are pretty good players as well.

I am biased and would prefer Evans over Watkins because I think Torrey Smith is similar to Watkins.

I'd much MUCH rather nab an OT *if* we end up ishtting the bed in the 2nd half of the season...then again, in that case, I don't know how Ozzie passes on Evans unless the kid has a rock bottom IQ and doesn't love football 24/7. I would understand a pass on Watkins.

The coming "Great QB Chase of 2014" is the wild card though.

@BigPlayReceiver