Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Ray gives some verbal support to Boller

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    Boller will be our starter next year (barring injury or miraculous play by Smith). Even if we pick up a QB in next years' draft, do you really think he should start next year? Come on....
    Next season is a long way off but if Boller is the starter next season the Ravens won't finish with 8 wins. He's the best of the bunch at this point son. Someone needs to be brought in to give the Ravens some competence at the position and it also wouldn't hurt to scrap billicks whole playbook.
    I believe his playbook and playcalling damages the Ravens much more than the play of any quarterback suiting up .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RustonRifle View Post
    Next season is a long way off but if Boller is the starter next season the Ravens won't finish with 8 wins. He's the best of the bunch at this point son. Someone needs to be brought in to give the Ravens some competence at the position and it also wouldn't hurt to scrap billicks whole playbook.
    I believe his playbook and playcalling damages the Ravens much more than the play of any quarterback suiting up .
    If we finish with 8 wins that sucks, but if we don't get a QB this offseason we'll be high enough that we could make a run on Tim Tebow.....but I can always dream....

Oh, and Billick's playbook isn't very creative.......

Seems like the Fighting Ungers give a little creedence to some of what I have been saying:

http://www.wnst.net/Home/tabid/36/En...3/Default.aspx

Take solace in knowing that, when fully healthy, the Ravens are still clearly a better football team than the Cleveland Browns. QB Derek Anderson may have had better overall numbers than Boller but he also proved himself to be young and very mortal. Don't believe me? Ask Ray Lewis. He won the first half but Kyle Boller won the second... and very nearly the game.
    So who's the better quarterback? I can't tell you. Right now, it looks like a tie. However, consider for a moment what Boller was able to accomplish with far less to work with. I mean, his offensive line played like they hated him, or like they might've all pooled their paychecks and bet on the Browns. The poor guy took some of the most vicious hits I've seen this side of "The Sopranos" and managed to keep smiling. And when the Ravens needed points, he delivered. You can't ask much more from a relatively young quarterback than that. He makes mistakes but he also can make some big throws. I know one thing for sure, when it counted he looked a hell of a lot better than the current version of Steve McNair.
    The Ravens won't make the playoffs and might not even get two more wins. But, over the remaining weeks, you'll get to see what Boller can bring against some of the best defenses in the AFC. It might be ugly, really ugly, or we might just discover that, in fact, the Ravens have a quarterback they can trust and next year, with a presumably high draft pick, the Ravens can draft a true #1 wide receiver and then in '08- who knows?
    Gee, get a real #1 receiver to throw to? A novel idea. I'd take a top-tier Center if there was one that wouldn't make it to the second round.

BTW 4, I loved the "I am really Tex" quote. It's amazing how 100% similar down to the thought process those two usernames post the same. Right down to the excessive use of smiley icons. HMMMMMM.......

Anderson is a better quarterback right now than Boller will ever be.

He hasn't even hit the 16 start mark for his career and already has thrown for more TDs in a season than Boller ever had or ever will. Boller isn't talented enough to toss for 20 TDs in a season. Thus far Boller has topped out at 13

Boller cost us a first and second pick and more than ten million wasted and Anderson cost 6th round pick money......Also Anderson was playing against one of the NFLs top defenses and Boller was playing against a 30 something ranked D missing a starting corner. For the record Anderson did get the "W".

I'd be willing to bet most ravens fans would trade Boller for Anderson without question.

CASE CLOSED
    Last edited by RustonRifle; 11-20-2007 at 07:22 PM.

can I trade Billick for Romeo and the browns Oc too? Then...um...yes?

Quote Originally Posted by RustonRifle View Post
    Billick scrapped the playbook for years to fit the lousy offensive personnel Ozzie acquired and all everyone did was complain he needed to open the playbook up hon.
    He did that last year with a real QB at the helm and they won 13 games.
    It's too bad injuries caught up with McNair this year. Boller, at best, is an average backup.

As much as the fans here love to second guess and complain, Sypniewski was wide up on the 3rd and 1 play and an average qb could have gotten him the ball. Cleveland had the box stuffed and blitzed the up the middle the last three plays before that. No way McGahee gets the first.

But at least Baltimore has something to whine about, Aubrey Huff was right.
    Last edited by RavinDonnie; 11-20-2007 at 08:37 PM.

No way McGahee gets 1 yard? You are telling me our 23 million dollar running back sucks so much that he wouldn't have been able to fall foward for a single yard?

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    No way McGahee gets 1 yard? You are telling me our 23 million dollar running back sucks so much that he wouldn't have been able to fall foward for a single yard?
    Yes. The right play was called. Sypniewski was wide open and boller knew it, he just made an awful throw.

The Browns had the line stacked and were blitzing up the middle. You have more confidence in Mike Flynn and this line than I do.

Quote Originally Posted by RavinDonnie View Post
    Yes. The right play was called. Sypniewski was wide open and boller knew it, he just made an awful throw.

The Browns had the line stacked and were blitzing up the middle. You have more confidence in Mike Flynn and this line than I do.
    Dude, you are new to this forum. So I'll cut you a break. I have never had confidence in Mike Flynn or this OL. Check my posting history. But:

1) They didn't stack the box.

2) We had 2 plays to run the ball. If you can't get 2nd and 1, you should be able to get 3rd and 1.

3) Sypniewski was not wide open. He hadn't been wide open all day.

The wrong play was called. Everyone on the planet for the most part agrees with that. Sorry if you don't.

No other team I know of in the NFL throws in that situation.

Believe me CR, I don't want to ever know you.
    Believe me PP I could give a two shit about whether or not you want to know me. But when you put words in peoples mouth or try to telegraph what they would say or do based on a few posts I'm going to call you out on it. Its wrong and has nothing to do with the topic.

What's bizarre is the fact that you cannot comprehend what we are talking about. Of course you can post on here for years without me "knowing" you.

People on this board state their opinions about many different subjects regarding the Ravens.

That is what Stinger and I are talking about. It's not about "knowing" you or anyone else personally.

It's about reading your comments about the Ravens.

People on this board can read my posts and realize that I do not think Kyle Boller is the answer to our QB problems. You see how that works? Someone reads my posts and comes to that conclusion
    Coming to a conclusion is OK. Even knowing a person position on a particular subject and calling them out on it is one thing. But you are making up instances that didn't happen and trying to to win an argument base on that instance --that is Bullshit. The two of you are trying to cloud the issue with hypotheticals. That shit is irrelevant. That has nothing to do with "reading someones comments"--WHY CANT YOU SEE THAT. why cant you comprehend that? The thread has nothing to do with what CBD would do if Mcnair threw 3 int, but you are trying to change the argument the same way stinger did with me.

Am I not allowed to root for boller and wish him well as our starter? Why is PP the only one who can bash boller endlessly and then jump on the bandwagon?

On a side note ...what the fuck is with stinger and his ignore list. does he really go back and forth and put people on and off his ignore list every other day. Sometimes I talk with him and other times he gets "fed up"- that has to be very tedious. I dont even know where the ignore list is on this site.

Since succesfully removing the rep points with my silent protest Im now working on getting that Ignore feature removed too. I think i can do it.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    Since succesfully removing the rep points with my silent protest Im now working on getting that Ignore feature removed too. I think i can do it.
    Ummm, no. The rep was icing, unnecessary to the smooth operation of the site.

The ignore list makes it possible for people who are supremely irritated with one person or another to contribute here anyway. It's essential. Without it, irrational obnoxious loudmouths could run everyone else off, or at least everyone who couldn't tolerate the noise.

Not saying we *have* any of those here, just saying what it's for. The whole point is, it allows people to draw their own lines about what they choose to read.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Not saying we *have* any of those here, just saying what it's for. The whole point is, it allows people to draw their own lines about what they choose to read.
    agreed but Stingers line seems to be a bit crooked or in other words he is always changing it
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--