Page 24 of 66 FirstFirst ... 2223242526 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: 2013 NFL Scouting Combine Thread

Nice hands by Bailey on the gauntlet there.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    That's been my point all along. All these guys on here are having speed-gasms over this guy and wanting the Ravens to draft him, but it ain't happening. No way, no how.
    Never say never but the odds are slim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

DeAndre Hopkins' hands are so strong.

Players taken in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round are usually more than serviceable. You don't need to reach when talent can be find later.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Brian Billick was talking about this sort of thing (albeit with certain OLs) yesterday. He said that teams sometimes pass on superior talent to grab guys that fit their systems, but that coaches and systems change over time, so teams miss out on the better long-term players as a result. It was an interesting take on the draft.
    That is true, and you see teams like Cleveland looking to trade away the last 2 QBs they drafted, and neither of them has had a shot. Always changing everything, never getting good at anything.

The Ravens seem to be content to have their basic system, plug guys in, adapt as needed, but I think in general, draft to their system with the idea that BPA could dictate some changes. They've flexed between 3-4 and 4-3 but without having to make radical changes in the process. They've alwys tried to maintain flexibility to be able to adapt, but within the skill sets of their personnel, as oppposed to bad teams that just trash the whole thing every couple years and start all over again.

The more stable teams seem to be the most successful over time in general (except Cincy with Marvin....).

Blog Entries
    @SI_PeterKing: RT @nfldraftscout: Text I received from a scout this morning: Matt Barkley will not get past the Arizona #Cardinals at No. 7 overall.

Btw The NFL.COM coverage of the combine is MUCH better coverage because of Greg Cossell's insight along with Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks

http://www.nfl.com/combine/live?modu...traffic_driver

Austin just put up a blazing hand timed 4.25/40. Not sure what the electronic reading is, yet.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    That's been my point all along. All these guys on here are having speed-gasms over this guy and wanting the Ravens to draft him, but it ain't happening. No way, no how.
    If we can't draft him because he's already been taken than how is it bad to wish that he will be our pick?

If he is good enough to be drafted 1-31 than he is for sure good enough to be our pick at 32.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by psuraven View Post
    Austin just put up a blazing hand timed 4.25/40. Not sure what the electronic reading is, yet.
    That guy is scary fast

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    @SI_PeterKing: RT @nfldraftscout: Text I received from a scout this morning: Matt Barkley will not get past the Arizona #Cardinals at No. 7 overall.

Pathetic. The guy won't even throw at the Combine. I heard there was owner pressure for them to draft a QB when Arians was hired. I even took him in round 2 in our forum mock draft. I bet this really does happen.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    If we can't draft him because he's already been taken than how is it bad to wish that he will be our pick?

If he is good enough to be drafted 1-31 than he is for sure good enough to be our pick at 32.
    :read He doesn't fit our system. It would have to change.