Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Joe dissing the media (again)

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I love our QB...and I'm not expecting a loss...but....

But Joe just put himself in the crosshairs. If he stinks this week, the rain is going to come down with fire behind it. They are going to tear him apart if he almost or does lose the game.

Yeah, it was kind've funny, but it was also kind've arrogant. I would've rather him just said "Eh, I hear people complain about me, it doesn't matter, I just go out there and play". Don't give them anything to throw back at you.

Just my opinion.
    Didn't the San Diego game happen not too long after he complained about Tebow's coverage? He's gonna get torn into if the Ravens lose or he has a bad game (or both )

Still he tends to brush things off way more than he (at least publicly) lets it get to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I can't stand it when athletes lobby for respect. Play well and the respect will come. With the exception of the KC playoff game last year, Flacco's playoff stats have been pedestrian.
    Guess what? When you go on the road and play THE BEST defense in the NFL repeatedly you are going to have "pedestrian" stats.

When you have Ray Rice and Vonte Leach on the field.....you are going to have pedestrian stats.

When you only throw the ball 30 times at the most.....you are going to have pedestrian stats.

When your offense is based around running the ball.....you are going to have pedestrian stats.

BR.com has the rest of interview

Q:

Flacco was asked whether he feels some of that criticism has dissipated over the course of the season
    A.
    “I’m sure if we win [the Super Bowl] I’ll have nothing to do with why we won, according to you guys,” Flacco said to the media, drawing laughter
    “You guys want everybody to be Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady. But you guys realize, those guys don’t run the ball? If we tried to do that, the criticism we’d take around here would be ridiculous. We could win eight games like that and lose one, and you guys would be like, ‘Oh man, what are you guys doing?’”
    True

Geez Louise... folks get pissed cause Joe doesnt show enough personality then when he takes a sarcastic swipe at the media they get pissed...

Damned if you do.. damned if you dont.. no win situation..
    GO OUT THERE AND WIN THE SUPERBOWL JOE!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

“You guys want everybody to be Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady. But you guys realize, those guys don’t run the ball? If we tried to do that, the criticism we’d take around here would be ridiculous. We could win eight games like that and lose one, and you guys would be like, ‘Oh man, what are you guys doing?’”

No truer words have ever been spoken.

Good for Joe. I like that he has a chip on his shoulder. He's got a point. If Rodgers and Brady had a Ray Rice, they wouldn't be throwing it 40-50 times per game. This offense is at it's best when it's balanced. Joe can still improve and do things better, but I think a lot of fans and some media don't give him a fair shake. I also agree with those who've said he's put himself in the crosshairs. If he stinks it up on Sunday, he'll get blasted, and rightfully so. Let's all hope he goes out and backs up his talk.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by RavenMadness View Post
    Geez Louise... folks get pissed cause Joe doesnt show enough personality then when he takes a sarcastic swipe at the media they get pissed...

Damned if you do.. damned if you dont.. no win situation..
    GO OUT THERE AND WIN THE SUPERBOWL JOE!
    Also true. I always laugh at the ppl who cry about him having no personality. What a crock.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

I love how people say Joe needs thicker skin. Maybe they also need a sarcasm detector. He was F-ing joking people.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Have a big day throwing the ball and the media will turn around in a hurry
    No it won't, haha. That's what is so comical about it.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I love how people say Joe needs thicker skin. Maybe they also need a sarcasm detector. He was F-ing joking people.
    I love how people say 'he was joking,' like he really doesn't feel that way at all. Maybe they need a reality detector. He said it as a joke, but he also believes it; he was half-joking.

Regardless, he gains nothing from saying stuff like that, and if anything, it will make his media critics revel even more if he plays poorly.

We are setting ourselves up for a major implosion against Houston. Joe wanting more credit, we the fans thinking it's going to be an easy win, the fact we're 8-0 at home and beat them already and their QB's a rookie on the road, blah blah... why do I get a horrible sinking feeling?

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    He did last year, over 90 between both games, and nobody seems to care that was a major improvement. They lump all other numbers in and don't recognize that last year he showed improvement.
    His rating for the Divisional game was 61.1

Combining the KC game (his only 'good' game) with that game leads to that average, but I am not sure we can pronounce clear improvement based on the combination.

That said, this postseason will tell us a lot. As I said before on other threads, if he plays well for two or three games (even if we lose the second game or in the SB), these critics will be forced to change their narrative.