Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Big Jen Ruled OUT for Sunday!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Americanmade2012 View Post
    He will be out at least two weeks he has a rare and dangerous rib injury that could kill him if he does not let it heal properly
    Yeah it seems like he will be gone a while and the rib is the bigger issue. Sounds like it's a cracked rib that if aggravated could puncture the aorta. I doubt he plays in either Ravens game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    I read the story. Other than the headline (which is typically written by someone other than the reporter & can be misleading or totally wrong), there is nothing in that story that says he definitely will not play:Ngata didn't start against the Raiders & did not in fact play, but was suited up on the sidelines & could have come in at any time. Read for comprehension, not wishful thinking.

I will believe he is out when the official injury report says he's out, not before. You do as you wish.
    Roethlisberger has rib injury too, out vs. Ravens

By WILL GRAVES, AP Sports Writer – 9 minutes ago

PITTSBURGH (AP) — Ben Roethlisberger's sprained right shoulder is just the start of his problems.

The Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback said Tuesday he also dislocated a rib while getting sacked in the third quarter of Monday night's win against Kansas City. Roethlisberger sprained the SC joint in his shoulder on the play but says the rib issue is a bigger concern.

Roethlisberger said doctors are concerned the rib could cut into his aorta. He's already been ruled out of Sunday's game against the Baltimore Ravens. Backup Byron Leftwich will start in his place.

Roethlisberger said there is no timetable for his return because of the unusual nature of the injury. He is hopeful that he can return at some point but added he's in considerable pain and has slept just four hours over the last two nights.
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...9c86694fe4ce4c

Also... @BobLabriola: Byron Leftwich will start at QB for the Steelers vs the Ravens. Team will not take a chance with Ben's shoulder.

Another Ed Bouchette ‏@EdBouchette

One day after Mike Tomlin calls Ben Roethlisberger "questionable,'' #Steelers announce he's out and Byron Leftwich in for Sunday vs. #Ravens

Ed Bouchette ‏@EdBouchette

#Roethlisberger's rib is partially dislocated and of more concern than the shoulder. Don't look for him to play in awhile. #Steelers
    Last edited by Paintballguy; 11-14-2012 at 02:36 PM.

Blog Entries

What is the status of Ryan Clark?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Ben will be out at least four weeks, maybe more. Being reported as a dislocated first rib, with a danger of puncturing the aorta. Doctors say it must be fully healed before he steps on the field for safety reasons.

Rib injuries like that can take quite a while to heal. Has to do with the circulation in the ribcage being very low in comparison to other parts of the body.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...injury-662035/

Ben maybe done for the year.

"That's the more scary part because I guess if it goes in the wrong direction it could puncture the aorta," Roethlisberger told a large group of media gathered around him in the Steelers locker room at their Southside training facility.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    Ben will be out at least four weeks, maybe more. Being reported as a dislocated first rib, with a danger of puncturing the aorta. Doctors say it must be fully healed before he steps on the field for safety reasons.

Rib injuries like that can take quite a while to heal. Has to do with the circulation in the ribcage being very low in comparison to other parts of the body.
    If BR is going to miss both games against the Ravens, which is what it looks like right now, then this is the Ravens chance to put the Steelers away for the division title. Sweep them over the next three weeks, and the Ravens most likely have the division.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    He has a fractured rib pressing against his aorta. They dont even know how they are going to fix it, most likely surgery of some kind. They guy was a MM away from dying. His career is in jeopardy and life, football is the last thing we or he should be thinking about. He is weeks away from being a father and married, has tons of money and fame. He might hang it
    up. It's a very complicated issue. Not just waiting for fractured rib to heal.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...9c86694fe4ce4c

Also... @BobLabriola: Byron Leftwich will start at QB for the Steelers vs the Ravens. Team will not take a chance with Ben's shoulder.

Another Ed Bouchette ‏@EdBouchette

One day after Mike Tomlin calls Ben Roethlisberger "questionable,'' #Steelers announce he's out and Byron Leftwich in for Sunday vs. #Ravens

Ed Bouchette ‏@EdBouchette

#Roethlisberger's rib is partially dislocated and of more concern than the shoulder. Don't look for him to play in awhile. #Steelers
    Show me the OFFICIAL, DIRECT QUOTE from the Steelers that he isn't playing. Or the OFFICIAL INJURY REPORT that says he's out. Otherwise save your electrons, because it's all just speculation, a bunch of folks adding 2 and 2 and thinking they have 4.

Show me the OFFICIAL, DIRECT QUOTE from the Steelers that he isn't playing. Or the OFFICIAL INJURY REPORT that says he's out. Otherwise save your electrons, because it's all just speculation, a bunch of folks adding 2 and 2 and thinking they have 4.
    Dude - he was just on Sportscenter himself saying he is going to be out for some time. Sheesh.

Blog Entries

"That's the more scary part because I guess if it goes in the wrong direction it could puncture the aorta," Roethlisberger told a large group of media gathered around him in the Steelers locker room at their Southside training facility.
    While I believe that it is a serious injury and it sounds like he'll be out for a few games, that whole risking his life if he plays sounds like a Ben Roethlisbergerism if I've ever heard one. I can already read the heroic headlines when he returns in 2 or 3 weeks. "If you look you can see they have Ben wrapped up like a mummy in reflexive high-vis yellow gauze. Amazing! He's risking his life in pursuit of another ring! He's a hero, ladies and gentlemen." I'm not really buying the possibly severing his aorta bit until I hear a trainer or doctor saying "yep, that can happen sometimes."
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.

JFC, Man. He's Not playing. Looking at the injuries he has sustained, I doubt he plays in the next month.

Another thing, as a fan base, are we that afraid of Roethlisberger and if he is playing or not? Ravens swept them last year and i have no doubt we'll do it again this year. With or without their starting QB.

From the official Steelers website.

http://blog.steelers.com/2012/11/14/...art-vs-ravens/

Quarterback Byron Leftwich will start Sunday night against the Baltimore Ravens at Heinz Field, replacing injured Ben Roethlisberger.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller