Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Set your DVRs! Ravens vs. Pats 2007 tomorrow night

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    sam koch?
    Yeah, I think he was the punter, Yanda might of been a rookie too.

Blog Entries

I left the stadium feeling pretty satisfied that night. That was a bad Ravens team and they went toe to toe with one of the greatest offenses we have ever seen. It all fell apart at the end, but nobody thought we even belonged on the same field as those guys. The Ravens gave everything they had.

The following week's game against the Colts was the absolute worst FB game I have ever been to. It was cold, raining, and the game was over by the second quarter. In the second half we were treated to the Jim Sorgi show. It was an all time low for the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I don't think David Tyree making a one handed catch against his helmet or Plax scoring the game winning TD is indicative of the "weight of the world" crushing them.

They ran into an incredibly lucky Giants team.
    You don't have to take my word for it. A few Pats players themselves from that 18-1 squad have said how joyless the game became for them. And it was obvious. In fact the whole tenor of that season for them was bitter, because they were saying "eff you" to the world after getting caught in SpyGate.

And the Pats did not instantly lose after Tyree made that catch. They could have stopped the rest of the drive, they could have not left Plaxico wide open for a TD, and Randy Moss could have not dropped Brady's catchable desperation bomb. Also, calling what the Giants did "incredibly lucky"--limiting one of the most prolific offenses of all time to 14 points--is questionable.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Not that it really matters much to me.

My point was just that the Pats were on the doorstep of history and fell flat on their faces, which I enjoyed. ;) I also just happen to believe if we had beat them (if anyone had) they would have been looser in the playoffs/SB.

It's interesting watching this game because it was really the begining of the rivalry between New England. This game began a back-and-forth, almost yearly slugfest.

Also, this game encapsulated what the Ravens were all about at that time. Incredibly passionate, tough, physical and unrelenting. However, they were also sloppy and undisciplined.

Blog Entries

I remember that Rex called at TO on the 4th down play, that would of won the game. What a difference a year makes, the next year they are rebuilt and in the AFCCG. With Harbaugh, not Rex as HC/ best decision ever.

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    You don't have to take my word for it. A few Pats players themselves from that 18-1 squad have said how joyless the game became for them. And it was obvious. In fact the whole tenor of that season for them was bitter, because they were saying "eff you" to the world after getting caught in SpyGate.
    First I've ever heard such claims. Link please?

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    And the Pats did not instantly lose after Tyree made that catch. They could have stopped the rest of the drive, they could have not left Plaxico wide open for a TD, and Randy Moss could have not dropped Brady's catchable desperation bomb. Also, calling what the Giants did "incredibly lucky"--limiting one of the most prolific offenses of all time to 14 points--is questionable.
    Wow. You've finally acknowledged the Pats had a prolific offense. ;)

And I've never claimed the Tyree catch was the moment they lost. The Pats were in the game till the very end, another clue that the weight of the world was far from crashing on them.

They simply lost the game. And going undefeated for a whole regular season is a hell of a feat in today's "any given Sunday" league.

Wow. I completely forgot Clayton caught that hail Mary at the end on the 2 yard line.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    I left the stadium feeling pretty satisfied that night. That was a bad Ravens team and they went toe to toe with one of the greatest offenses we have ever seen. It all fell apart at the end, but nobody thought we even belonged on the same field as those guys. The Ravens gave everything they had.

The following week's game against the Colts was the absolute worst FB game I have ever been to. It was cold, raining, and the game was over by the second quarter. In the second half we were treated to the Jim Sorgi show. It was an all time low for the Ravens.
    yea i remember that one.,. one of the worst moments for sure

Just watched the end...why did I do that?! But makes me even more thankful for Harbs/Joe

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    First I've ever heard such claims. Link please?
    "If I felt any pressure this year, it was before the Giants' game," said Patriots linebacker Tedy Bruschi.

He was referring to the regular-season finale, when the Patriots rallied from a 12-point, third-quarter deficit to defeat the Giants 38-35 at the Meadowlands.

"I think you could see it in our faces a little bit before the game, how we knew that this was a huge game, and there was history on the line," Bruschi said.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_8088550?source=bb

I mean, Bruschi (whose cousin I went to college with, by the way, though that's irrelevant!) is saying it's weighing on them before the Giants game when they go 16-0. You don't think they were thinking about it that much more with the Super Bowl on the line? They had to have known that if they won that game they'd go down as THE greatest team of all time. Just sayin', we all choke.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    Wow. I completely forgot Clayton caught that hail Mary at the end on the 2 yard line.
    Also wind affected...

Just think, without the penalty flag thrown in the stand, the KO from NE is probably returnable and maybe we're just a few yards closer to the endzone...
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!