Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dwight Freeney

Blog Entries

Re: Dwight Freeney

Freeney is another pure pass rusher who is not a good fit for this defensive scheme. The Ravens really asked a lot of Terrell Suggs. He wasn't just rushing the passer.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    I think he wants to know who the next man up will be.

DeputyDawg
    Kruger/Kindle/Upshaw/McAdoo/McPhee/Ngata and so on and so forth. Every player on the defense needs to step their game up. That's what next man up means- not that one guy needs to reproduce Suggs' 14 sacks from last year, but that as a unit, the defense needs to account for the lost production either in improved pass rush from other players, improved secondary play, etc etc.
    You hit it right on the head, cousin. Thank you for fleshing out my thought.

No thanks, next man up...
    Everybody's talkin' at me; I don't hear a word they're saying; Only the echoes of my mind

I'm going where the sun keeps shining; Thru' the pouring rain; Going where the weather suits my clothes

Banking off of the North East winds; Sailing on a summer breeze; And skipping over the ocean like a stone

If the offense is putting up 28 ppg then it won't matter quite as much.

It's time this team and this organization learn to rely just as heavily if not more on the offense then the defense.

If the offense fails to carry this team at several times over the course of the season then there is no doubt wholesale changes should be made.

Suggs injury will hurt the defense but it should not cripple the team if you understand where I'm coming from.

:grbac:
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    If the offense is putting up 28 ppg then it won't matter quite as much.

It's time this team and this organization learn to rely just as heavily if not more on the offense then the defense.

If the offense fails to carry this team at several times over the course of the season then there is no doubt wholesale changes should be made.

Suggs injury will hurt the defense but it should not cripple the team if you understand where I'm coming from.
    Last I looked Cam is still responsible for the offense so you better not expect 28 ppg from this team.

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    :grbac:
    You sir, have won my affection for the day.

DeputyDawg Guest

Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    I think he wants to know who the next man up will be.

DeputyDawg
    Kruger/Kindle/Upshaw/McAdoo/McPhee/Ngata and so on and so forth. Every player on the defense needs to step their game up. That's what next man up means- not that one guy needs to reproduce Suggs' 14 sacks from last year, but that as a unit, the defense needs to account for the lost production either in improved pass rush from other players, improved secondary play, etc etc.
    For Dragz,I didn't realize you needed an interpreter to explain what "who" meant...Yes that one player is a huge loss off the blind side, Upshaw = total ?, Kindle is a total joke, and Kruger is already on the other side as is Ngata already placed. the other 2 are like 20 mil to 1 for them to even become starter material, let alone replace someone as outstanding as Suggs.
    He is a seasoned vet and rookies and 3rd rate players cannot replace that. Oz will need to bring in someone to at least steady that spot on the Dline.
    Is that clear enough Dragz, or do I need to attach a pic ? lol

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Last I looked Cam is still responsible for the offense so you better not expect 28 ppg from this team.
    If that doesn't happen, expect about 8 wins with Cam being fired, Joe not getting the extension he wants and Harbaugh's leadership being questioned.

Suggs injury should be a setback but not a season killer if the offense steps up its game.