Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Signed Guard Bobbie Williams To A Two Year Deal

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Yeah, I've been hearing great things about both those guys. Especially Thompson. Flacco has reportedly taken an interest in him.
    Well, that alone should guarantee him a spot either on the weekly inactive list or on the bench next to Tandon Doss.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Well, that alone should guarantee him a spot either on the weekly inactive list or on the bench next to Tandon Doss.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PalladinInNC View Post
    Wicked,

i've heard you and others say that these two guys are looking pretty good. Could you fill us in on info on the two of them (size, weight, speed, college record, skills, weaknesses, etc.).
    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Deonte Thompson is said to be a burner at 6'0 and 200 lbs. He was a top recruit out of high school, but never really done much in the SEC for the Gators, hence why he went undrafted.

Nigel Carr is 6'2 and 232 lbs. Carr is likely a better fit as a nickel LB dropping back into coverage, and could probably step in as a 3-4 ILB. He is said to be very quick and can hit you hard. His problem was never talent however, he was going to become the next star for the Gators, but because of off field issues where he reportedly stole a car or something like that, was kicked off the programme. Carr was then recruited by Alabama state where he was solid, recorded like 72 tackles (9 for a loss) and 3 sacks in 2011.
    Agree with Leach.

Thompson, honestly I was kind of surprised he wasn't drafted. The problem was he was there when Tebow was the QB, so the offense really wasn't conducive for a Wr to really show what he can do. Before Rainey and Demps got there though he was the punt/kick return guy as well and he was pretty good in that aspect as well. His game is very similar to what Lee Evans used to be.

I'm glad they picked him up off UDFA's. He's got some skill. Apparently he's really picked up the slot pretty well and has split some snaps with Jacoby, Tandon, and LaQuan for the #3 WR spot. That's pretty good for a UDFA.

I really like the Carr pick up too. I think he's got some room to bulk up a bit...maybe into the high 230's/low 240's, but he's got nice height and range. Super talented guy that made a dumb mistake and got himself booted out of Florida State. Had that not happened, I think he would have been at least a 5th rounder.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.