Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Re: I would like to exercise my 2nd...

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    You get what you pay for with ammo. .40 is going to more expensive than 9mm simply because it's not as readily available as 9mm.

Nobody who has been shot has ever been thankful it was 9mm. You can compensate for the bullet size with velocity and type of round.

A fast 9mm hollow point round will do every bit of damage a .40 with average velocity.
    The gun will normally have great ammo that should not have to be used and replaced.
    from the distances I'm working with, I should be essentially 100% CBM on my first shot for sure. So i suppose comfort level will trump in the event of multiple targets. Glock 19 it is, most likely.

A fast 9mm hollow point round will do every bit of damage a .40 with average velocity.
    It isn't just the size of the round. The .40 cartridge is much larger also, which means it packs a lot more energy. It is a heavier grain and a higher velocity than the 9mm.

40sw.jpg

You won't be disappointed jonboy. Just make sure you get a Gen4.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    It isn't just the size of the round. The .40 cartridge is much larger also, which means it packs a lot more energy. It is a heavier grain and a higher velocity than the 9mm.

40sw.jpg
    Agreed. Of course, when all things are equal, a .40 is a more powerful round.

I was simply pointing out that you level the disparity via higher velocity.

Blog Entries

I'm still waiting for my CC permit in Virginia, but I just realized that open carry is perfectly legal in Virginia. I never realized that.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Be careful, wicked.

The counties all have different laws. A 15 round magazine may be legal in one county but not the next.

Blog Entries

Be careful, wicked.

The counties all have different laws. A 15 round magazine may be legal in one county but not the next.
    I looked that up too.

The Virginia law states that no counties or townships can create their own laws that differ from the state of Virginia's laws when it comes to gun laws. It's the same way in PA. I think that's typical of commonwealth states.

I don't think I'd open carry around here anyway. I'll probably wait until my CC permit comes through.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I looked that up too.

The Virginia law states that no counties or townships can create their own laws that differ from the state of Virginia's laws when it comes to gun laws. It's the same way in PA. I think that's typical of commonwealth states.

I don't think I'd open carry around here anyway. I'll probably wait until my CC permit comes through.
    It's called preemption.

The problem, however, is that since VA has not criminalized open carry, the counties are open to make their own laws until the state takes up the matter. For example, I do not believe you can carry in the open in Fairfax County, but you can in Loudin County.

Deposit left on a new glock 19 g3 in transit. Now I wait 7 to 10 days.
    I was kind of pressed timewise and did not shop around so I probably didn't get a great deal, but... I'll be happy with my purchase. I'd rather support a local store then buy a gun from online and pay the local shop for the transfer process, that seems kind of tacy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Now I wait 7 to 10 days.
    Waiting periods. Ha! ;)

Blog Entries

Waiting periods. Ha! ;)
    We don't have one here either. Just gotta have a permit from the Sheriff's office.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    We don't have one here either. Just gotta have a permit from the Sheriff's office.
    In Texas, with my Concealed Handgun Permit, I can buy as many and as often as I choose.

Blog Entries

In Texas, with my Concealed Handgun Permit, I can buy as many and as often as I choose.
    Not sure how that works here. All I know is I can buy 5 permits at a time, not sure if that means if I want 5 more I have to do another background check or what...