Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Suggs?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    If he tore his bicep muscle it would role up like a lampshade. Sounds like a pretty painful partial tear or bad strain. Either way doubt he plays Sunday. He should be shelved a few weeks minimum.
    Yes if it was a compete tear but its not. I've watched a guy completely tear a bicep while lifting and it rolled up like you described.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Re: Suggs?

Suggs returned to practice today.

since its not a full tear he prob wont need surgury also, if its a strain or severe pull its not even partially torn.

Bottom line, is if he can be effective with the injury, play him on Sunday if not rest him for the last 3 games and give him an extra week to heal.

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    As for Suggs. It is very suspect. He was never known for being in shape. He has a contract year coming up and must be in the best shape/condition of his life.

All of the sudden he shows up ripped to shreds and elevates his game. Signs a huge contract and then begins to show signs of HGH use. Shreds his tendons in his achilles and biceps now.

Very very suspect. 2009 injured leg 4.5 sacks. 2010 and 2011 = 11 and 14 sacks DPOY.
    Suggs also had seasons with 12 and 10.5 sacks earlier in his career, so it's not like he wasn't capable of putting up the numbers.

Plus, Suggs was a pending FA in 2007, when he only put up 5 sacks. He signed his long term deal in 2009. That's when he only put up 4.5 sacks, albeit in only 13 games.

So, he signed his new contract before the 2 years that you referenced as evidence of some sort of chemically-enhanced contract drive.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Suggs also had seasons with 12 and 10.5 sacks earlier in his career, so it's not like he wasn't capable of putting up the numbers.

Plus, Suggs was a pending FA in 2007, when he only put up 5 sacks. He signed his long term deal in 2009. That's when he only put up 4.5 sacks, albeit in only 13 games.

So, he signed his new contract before the 2 years that you referenced as evidence of some sort of chemically-enhanced contract drive.
    Also, his contract is good through 2015. Hes not a worry yet, and hes still a highly paid LB

Let's see if he continues to have tendon issues going forward?

Let's see if his production drops off significantly.

His bodycomp changed significantly.

Lots of NFL'ers using HGH i am sure and I have no problem with it. Why does anybody?

Blog Entries

Didn't he also have a heel injury in August that caused him to put on weight and start the season (2009) out of shape?

Um... How do you figure?
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Let's see if he continues to have tendon issues going forward?

Let's see if his production drops off significantly.

Lots of NFL'ers using HGH i am sure and I have no problem with it. Why does anybody?
    OK, so now we're down to just the body comp, since your other "facts" didn't really bear out, eh?

Suggs was always in good shape in his early years. He showed up in 2008 totally out of shape because he sat out all OTAs and most of TC because of the franchise tag. He partially did the same in 2009 until he signed his deal in July. He then, as NC said, got banged up in TC, so he wasn't in great shape then either and he later missed 3 games in the middle of the season (but, wait, that must have been due to HGH!)

Now, he looks like he did earlier in his career.

But, to humor your opinion, I have to ask, since your original (incorrect) premise was that he used HGH because of his pending contract situation, why then did he start after he got the fat contract?

And, if he was apparently inclined to use HGH, why didn't he use it during his contract drive - as you said - or even earlier in his career?
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

OK, so now we're down to just the body comp, since your other "facts" didn't really bear out, eh?

Suggs was always in good shape in his early years. He showed up in 2008 totally out of shape because he sat out all OTAs and most of TC because of the franchise tag. He partially did the same in 2009 until he signed his deal in July. He then, as NC said, got banged up in TC, so he wasn't in great shape then either and he later missed 3 games in the middle of the season (but, wait, that must have been due to HGH!)

Now, he looks like he did earlier in his career.

But, to humor your opinion, I have to ask, since your original (incorrect) premise was that he used HGH because of his pending contract situation, why then did he start after he got the fat contract?

And, if he was apparently inclined to use HGH, why didn't he use it during his contract drive - as you said - or even earlier in his career?
    Hmmm, started his career on fire.

Band his numbers drop....

Bang all of the sudden he is ripped to shreds and is tearing it up....

Bang, starts tearing tendons like they are paper. Hell, he didn't even last a quarter of the season before he tears another tendon.

Yep, there is no circumstantial evidence he was using a substance the NFLPA refuses to test for and is known for causing tendon problems because it DOESN'T grow or help tendons recover, just muscles and organs.

Nope, nothing here to see at all.

Hgh.Dr_.Galea_.jpg

Blog Entries
    I'll tell you that I partially tore my hamstring 5 weeks into a cycle. I was running again in 3 weeks. Juice does wonders for injuries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Hmmm, started his career on fire.

Band his numbers drop....

Bang all of the sudden he is ripped to shreds and is tearing it up....

Bang, starts tearing tendons like they are paper. Hell, he didn't even last a quarter of the season before he tears another tendon.

Yep, there is no circumstantial evidence he was using a substance the NFLPA refuses to test for and is known for causing tendon problems because it DOESN'T grow or help tendons recover, just muscles and organs.

Nope, nothing here to see at all.
    Get a clue what HGH does versus Steroids before you even imply someone is suffering from the results of illegal drug use. Ruins your whole argument when you don't even know what HGH does.