Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 32333435 LastLast

Re: According to one report Rolando McClain is heading to Baltimore

Quote Originally Posted by RustonRifle View Post
    Baltimore has to have the most spoiled fanbase in the NFL.

I find it hard to believe anyone can find fault with this signing considering what the Ravens are on the hook for if things go south. I guess the old saying is true "you can't please everyone".... In this case I'll defer to the folks that wear suits with a Super Bowl ring on their finger and chuckle at the fans that think they know better...
    Well, I think that people can disagree with a move the FO makes without being the most spoiled fan in the NFL and without thinking they are better personnel managers at the NFL level than Ozzie and DeCosta. Isn't an opinion board supposed to be about people sharing their opinions about a topic? If everyone was a sycophant of the organization or parroted everything alike, this would be a very boring message board.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Aquib Talib was just as bad as McClain off the field. He aimed a gun at a woman and threatened to shoot her, amongst other things. Talib went to NE and has so far done nothing but play well for them and has had no issues off the field thus far. I'm not saying McClain is as good as player as Talib is, but from a locker room perspective, you can easily see that Talib has not affected a strong locker room in NE, and it will likely be the same in Baltimore.
    He was suspended for four games for testing hot for "Adderall" during last season, a season he did "nothing but play well".

He only played in 6 games for NE, scraping together only 16 tackles. I don't think he's a good example as a player who has turned it around (yet).

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    You can talk about losing Reed and Lewis as leaders, they are huge losses, no denying that, and we don't really have a ra ra guy per se (I guess you can kind of quantify Sizzle as being a little that way) but we still have more leaders on our team than most of the NFL.
    Earlier in the thread, I commented on what I feel is the overhyped nature of leaders on this team and their effect on troubled players.

It's didn't work before when we had strong veterans and I am even less likely to believe it will work next season when we field a team that, by design, is much younger than any other team under Harbs.

Again, it doesn't take much to poison a locker room.
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 04-13-2013 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    Well, I think that people can disagree with a move the FO makes without being the most spoiled fan in the NFL and without thinking they are better personnel managers at the NFL level than Ozzie and DeCosta. Isn't an opinion board supposed to be about people sharing their opinions about a topic? If everyone was a sycophant of the organization or parroted everything alike, this would be a very boring message board.
    I agree completely with what you posted!

If you read my post you quoted you'll see "in this case" I stated that because I believe the monetary amount that the Ravens would be on the hook for is minuscule in the scheme of things.

Because of the small amount I believe some are complaining for the sake of it.

Baltimore has to have the most spoiled fanbase in the NFL.

I find it hard to believe anyone can find fault with this signing considering what the Ravens are on the hook for if things go south. I guess the old saying is true "you can't please everyone".... In this case I'll defer to the folks that wear suits with a Super Bowl ring on their finger and chuckle at the fans that think they know better...
    I'm sure one of the kings of Kyle Boller bashing has never disagreed with a move that Ozzie has made....

Funny, this board was full of doom and gloom posts during the season about how we wouldn't win 9 or 10 games and how we could never win multiple games on the road to get to the Super Bowl, and how it was time to look for a new QB...among other nonsense. A lot of those same people who were basically giving up on the season and players in those threads are in here trying to make this out to be some BS about not trusting Ozzie because I disagree with one freaking move in the offseason.

Ironic.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I'm sure one of the kings of Kyle Boller bashing has never disagreed with a move that Ozzie has made....

Funny, this board was full of doom and gloom posts during the season about how we wouldn't win 9 or 10 games and how we could never win multiple games on the road to get to the Super Bowl, and how it was time to look for a new QB...among other nonsense. A lot of those same people who were basically giving up on the season and players in those threads are in here trying to make this out to be some BS about not trusting Ozzie because I disagree with one freaking move in the offseason.

Ironic.
    Your disagreement is ridiculous. The fact that they signed him for 700k means they will not hesitate to cut him if he doesn't perform. You're making it seem like we gave him a huge contract. A 1 year minimum contract is a tryout contract. That's why people are getting annoyed with the bullshit your spewing
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

I agree completely with what you posted!

If you read my post you quoted you'll see "in this case" I stated that because I believe the monetary amount that the Ravens would be on the hook for is minuscule in the scheme of things.

Because of the small amount I believe some are complaining for the sake of it.
    It's not complaining, it's someone expressing their opinion.

Stop making this out like it's trolling or someone is bringing it up in every other post they make. This thread is FILLED with WAY more posters blowing Ozzie for this move.

Am I not allowed to give my opinion unless it conforms to what you believe? I've stated my opinion on this monetary things MANY times.

This is hilarious...the debates have gone like this...

Me: I don't like guys that are quitters and aren't even that good of a player on my team.

Others: But it's 700k!

Me: I know how much we are paying, I don't care if he was paying us, Some guys I just wouldn't want on my team no matter what.

Me: I don't care about money, it's about character. Reliability is important to me...what if this guy winds up starting only to do something stupid or rebel against the coaches in week 10?

Me: I think it's a waste of time really.

Others: But it's 700k! And you obviously don't believe in Ozzie!

Me: I love the job Ozzie has done and I wouldn't trade him for any other GM in the league...I still disagree with this move like I have periodically over the years as he isn't infallible.

That is basically how this discussion has gone.

I'm bowing out now because this is nothing but a big loop...to me it's more than a financial risk. To most of you, just being able to cut him without a cap hit is the key.

We disagree. It's as simple as that...no need to start with the "spoiled fans", "you think you know better than Ozzie" BS responses. I said it before and I'll say it a last time, I'm not forecasting this costing us our season(s), or that he for sure will be a failure. I am hoping for the best and hope this works out. He is a Raven now and he is part of the family...but my view on him will have some of the same "wait for it" concern that many posters here had about Jacoby Jones when we signed him last year.

That's it. I wouldn't hire an admitted thief to work in my bank just because he graduated from Harvard and agreed to work for minimum wage.
    Last edited by Raveninwoodlawn; 04-13-2013 at 09:11 PM.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    Your disagreement is ridiculous. The fact that they signed him for 700k means they will not hesitate to cut him if he doesn't perform. You're making it seem like we gave him a huge contract. A 1 year minimum contract is a tryout contract. That's why people are getting annoyed with the bullshit your spewing
    LOL.

Ok buddy.

LOL.

Ok buddy.
    Gotta love a response of someone who just had there shitty point refuted hahaha. Great, knowledgable comeback. Shitty point, followed by a shitty follow. Congrats bud, you nailed it!!
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Gotta love a response of someone who just had there shitty point refuted hahaha. Great, knowledgable comeback. Shitty point, followed by a shitty follow. Congrats bud, you nailed it!!
    You are absolutely right.

Saying the 700k bit for the 400th time in this thread really got me!

I mean thanks for bringing up that he is making 700k! I never knew that!

LMAO at you thinking that was a unique refute to my point.

Blog Entries

LOL.

Ok buddy.

...but it's 700k.

I actually agree with you. I am hopeful that he turns it around. Maybe being married and on a different team will help him get there.

However, this is a guy who has quite a wrap sheet for just entering his 3rd season. He could very easily wind up cut or as depth because Bynes is better. Then we'll just have folks clamoring for Harbaugh's head because McClain will be in his doghouse.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

You need to settle down ...

... bud.

Both y'all.

Enough.