Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: Hauschka chokes!

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    That kick is ANYTHING but automatic for Stover, who very well may not be capable of even reaching the uprights at this point, nevermind putting it through them.
    My money is on Stover. He is tested under pressure, and it was in a dome. I seem to remember Stover hitting from the same distance in Tenn for a trip to the AFC championship game last year.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    No. That's crap. We were playing a very good team on the road today. Those games very often come down to the kicker.
    I hear what your saying. I just dont like it cause there's too much chance involved. Any player would say the same thing. You can't let any game come down to a FG.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    My money is on Stover. He is tested under pressure, and it was in a dome. I seem to remember Stover hitting from the same distance in Tenn for a trip to the AFC championship game.
    I'll take that bet...you build a time machine and get ahold of Matt... I'll meet you in Minnesota earlier today.

Jesus Christ people... let it go, Matt is gone. I'm not bitching that Shannon Sharpe would have played better than Todd Heap today.

Father Time is undefeated and Stover lost to him... if he was good enough to start in this league he would have been picked up BEFORE a starting kicker got hurt.
    “I already believe I am the best linebacker in the game. Now, I have to show one more thing ? That I am the most dominating, influential person in the game and the best football player to ever put on a pair of cleats.” -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by effo5231 View Post
    Father Time is undefeated and Stover lost to him... if he was good enough to start in this league he would have been picked up BEFORE a starting kicker got hurt.
    I respectfully disagree, and I think the Indy Colts feel likewise.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

You cant "disagree" facts.

Fact: The Colts kicker went down with an injury.

Fact: nobody signed Matt until said injury occurred.

What exactly are you disagreeing with?

Right... which is why they cut Adam Vinatieri right?

Dude... if they thought Stover was better he WOULDN'T BE AN INJURY REPLACEMENT... he'd be the starter.
    “I already believe I am the best linebacker in the game. Now, I have to show one more thing ? That I am the most dominating, influential person in the game and the best football player to ever put on a pair of cleats.” -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Yes, Stover made a VERY clutch kick against Tenn.

Remember that game against Miami 2 years ago? Stover MISSED an OT FG, Dolphins a few plays later pass to Greg Camarillo for a TD, Ravens are the only team to lose to Miami that year.

I don't think the distance was anything crazy. It was a kick Stover should've made.

The fact is, Stover's leg outside of 40 yards gets unreliable. You hold your breath EVERY time he kicks outside of 40 yards. The difference with Hauschka is that you know his leg won't get WORSE and the guy is young and still learning.

Count me very solidly as one guy still voting for Hauschka over a vet FA right now. Only thing I might change my mind on is if we can sign Carney when NO cuts him.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    What exactly are you disagreeing with?
    I am disagreeing with the fact that I don't believe Stover has fallen prey to Father time, as one poster claimed. I will let Stover's performance with Indy from here on out be the final measuring stick. Stay tuned...

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Count me very solidly as one guy still voting for Hauschka over a vet FA right now.
    I agree. I just believe the decision to release Stover was premature.

Blog Entries

Maybe it was premature in the sense that Stover had life left in his leg...but the Ravens never disputed that.

Once again, you are going to have to go through this with basically ANY kicker except a guy like Vinatieri or Gostowski. The safety net is gone. It's like going with Flacco last year...You have to accept that he's going to have games like he did against the Steelers at home, where he doesn't complete more than 40% of his passes, he throws two picks, and basically just has a "rookie" game. What keeps you going is knowing that he learns from that game, and he fixes his mistakes.

Harbaugh just decided he'd rather take the lumps of an untested kicker this year, versus going with one next year or the year after.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Maybe it was premature in the sense that Stover had life left in his leg...but the Ravens never disputed that.

Once again, you are going to have to go through this with basically ANY kicker except a guy like Vinatieri or Gostowski. The safety net is gone. It's like going with Flacco last year...You have to accept that he's going to have games like he did against the Steelers at home, where he doesn't complete more than 40% of his passes, he throws two picks, and basically just has a "rookie" game. What keeps you going is knowing that he learns from that game, and he fixes his mistakes.

Harbaugh just decided he'd rather take the lumps of an untested kicker this year, versus going with one next year or the year after.
    :otI just checked.. GRAHM GANO has not signed with any team yet.. We have 2 weeks to get the Kicking and DB's strait.. Else.. KYLE ORTON will carve them up at the Vault in 2 weeks.. the Only team in woses shape than the Ravens ...Plays 40 miles down Rt 95... UGLY down there..
    Harry O'Sullivan, # 1 Ravens Fan in Sykesville, MD

Clearly that was their mindset; but this team needs to win now, imo.