Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Any McNair apologists still out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Nurse View Post
    Spoken like a true Steeler fan!!

You accept it....Our O has been terrible since Billick got here. You accept it. You want to sleep with Billick go ahead. He has sucked and so has McNair. Mental midgets! With you that makes three
    So tell me something.

What was your opinion of this offense from the time Billick took over the play calling until tonight?

Did you not like the 9 wins in 10 games we ripped off?

Or was that just the defense doing it?

You're the fuckin mental midget.

Tell me, who's the savior QB and coach?

PP

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Nurse View Post
    what sucks is we beat ourselves, the Colts did not beat us. That falls on the head coach!
    I'll use a quote from someone else.

Which play was Billick's worst?

1. Heaps fumble.
    2. McNair's first INT
    3. McNair's 2nd INT

Just be quiet, OK?

PP

OK I will play your game. Why did he call a passing play and against the worst run D in NFL history? Why did we basically kneel at the end of the first half with about a minute to go? These two would be a good start
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Pre-Billick:
    181 yds, 63.0%
    143 yds, 48.5%
    264 yds, 56.1%
    158 yds, 56.7%
    165 yds, 58.8%

Post-Billick:
    159 yds, 73.9%
    245 yds, 67.7%
    373 yds, 61.7%
    236 yds, 70.6%
    140 yds, 75.0%
    227 yds, 60.5%
    283 yds, 77.8%
    256 yds, 67.7%
    216 yds, 65.7%

While he's been accurate once the system was changed, he's generally been pedestrian.

What this tells me is:
    1) Playcalling matters a LOT.
    2) We need a real QB that can lead this team for the future. McNair's stats aren't going to magically improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephy View Post
    Pre-Billick:
    181 yds, 63.0%
    143 yds, 48.5%
    264 yds, 56.1%
    158 yds, 56.7%
    165 yds, 58.8%

Post-Billick:
    159 yds, 73.9%
    245 yds, 67.7%
    373 yds, 61.7%
    236 yds, 70.6%
    140 yds, 75.0%
    227 yds, 60.5%
    283 yds, 77.8%
    256 yds, 67.7%
    216 yds, 65.7%

While he's been accurate once the system was changed, he's generally been pedestrian.

What this tells me is:
    1) Playcalling matters a LOT.
    2) We need a real QB that can lead this team for the future. McNair's stats aren't going to magically improve.

RACK IT!!!!!!!!!

Manning didn't play much better than McNair today, his team just won the game...

It's an if's and but's game...

McNair, as a whole package over the course of an entire season is better than Boller, clearly. Yet, in one game, he is capable of being pure shit...we've seen it a few times (including Oakland, San Diego until the last drive and Cleveland).

Perhaps Boller would have given us a better chance to win today, btu remember McNair was getting pressured left and right...all Boller would have done, IMO, is been sacked 5 more times, and thrown an extra pick. But who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    Manning didn't play much better than McNair today, his team just won the game...

It's an if's and but's game...

McNair, as a whole package over the course of an entire season is better than Boller, clearly. Yet, in one game, he is capable of being pure shit...we've seen it a few times (including Oakland, San Diego until the last drive and Cleveland).

Perhaps Boller would have given us a better chance to win today, btu remember McNair was getting pressured left and right...all Boller would have done, IMO, is been sacked 5 more times, and thrown an extra pick. But who knows.
    Timing, the running game, and the playcalling. Made all the difference. With how well Jamal ran today, you have to put most of it on timing and playcalling.

Timing, the running game, and the playcalling. Made all the difference. With how well Jamal ran today, you have to put most of it on timing and playcalling.
    We had 4 turnovers. Blaming the head coach is absurd.

He did not call in the "Heap fumble" play, or any of the "bad interception" plays.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Agreed. It is puzzling how a guy can play so good for 13 games, and so poor for 3.
    The problem is he didn't play great for 13 of those games. He was average to poor in many. His inability to throw down field at this point in his career is a playoff killer.

The turnovers that several of us pointed out would be a problem came true as well.

I'm still a huge McNair fan given the other options at QB and the Ravens don't owe McNair 33 million. I guess people throw that figure out there to try and strengthing their argument. The Ravens are on the hook for 3 years at 20 million. Complaing about Mcnair at QB when all you have is Boller in the chute is akin to complaining about driving a '75 Corvette Stingray when your other option is a '74 AMC Pacer. :insane:

Quote Originally Posted by FHRaven View Post
    The problem is he didn't play great for 13 of those games. He was average to poor in many. His inability to throw down field at this point in his career is a playoff killer.
    Which is exactly why Shanahan made the switch to Cutler, because Plummer could not get the job done when it counted

Quote Originally Posted by RustonRifle View Post
    I'm still a huge McNair fan given the other options at QB and the Ravens don't owe McNair 33 million. I guess people throw that figure out there to try and strengthing their argument. The Ravens are on the hook for 3 years at 20 million. Complaing about Mcnair at QB when all you have is Boller in the chute is akin to complaining about driving a '75 Corvette Stingray when your other option is a '74 AMC Pacer. :insane:
    Please check the stats for both players this year and I think you'll see your analogy is very, very far off the mark.