Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Re: Flacco asking for Brees type money

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    I think a lot of people are putting way too much stock in this five game stretch. Ozzie has said he's looking at the whole body of work, and I absolutely believe him. In fact, I certainly hope he is telling the truth. Bad teams offer guys big contracts for short stretches of success. Mike Vick in Philly. Derek Anderson in Cleveland. Ryan Fitzpatrick in Buffalo.

Ozzie knew a year ago Joe was good enough to get us to the Super Bowl. He also knew that Joe -- not Cam, not the rest of the offense, but JOE -- is not the most consistent quarterback in the league. He has a very good idea what Joe is as a player.

We can all say "see I told you so" because Caldwell/Joe have had this run. But what if they regress next year, after people have this new Ravens offense on tape? What if it's really true that Cam's firing and Ray's retiring just have these guys extra focused? What if some guys are just playing way over their head, and the team is just on a hot streak (like the Giants last postseason)? You can't expect those things to carry over. I will bet an awful lot of money that the days of people bitching about the Ravens offense are not over, not by a long shot.

The Eli comparison is appropriate, and that's about where Joe's money is going to end up. If he lights it up for four or five years, then he'll get a Peyton/Drew/Tommy contract.
    First of all those are horrible comparisons.
    No other player has lead his team to the playoffs in his first five seasons.

Secondly why would he regress? It's not like we are running a new offense out there.
    And if you are worried your 6-year vet QB is going to regress then you shouldn't sign him to any deal.
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

He will be paid.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenelite28 View Post
    First of all those are horrible comparisons.
    No other player has lead his team to the playoffs in his first five seasons.

Secondly why would he regress? It's not like we are running a new offense out there.
    And if you are worried your 6-year vet QB is going to regress then you shouldn't sign him to any deal.
    To clarify: Joe is worlds better than those quarterbacks. I mentioned them because it seems that most people on this thread are judging him based on the past five games -- solely. I was pointing out the danger of evaluating people on a handful of games. You have to look at their whole body of work, which (if you are in the organization) includes practices, meeting rooms, public appearances, playoff and preseason games. Everything. And I believe the organization is doing that, but many fans are not.

And to point two, if you are one of the people judging him on those past five games, you are going to be depressed when he is doesn't throw 8TDs and no picks. Of COURSE he is going to regress from that. Regressing from near perfection to mere excellence isn't a bad thing. He is an outstanding, franchise quarterback. Considering everything, I don't know that there is anyone but Aaron Rogers I would take over him in a one-for-one swap today. But let's not get Joe Flacco confused with Joe Montana or Dan Marino just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    There are a few issues that I have with your thinking. None of the QBs that you mentioned had this type of run in the playoffs, let alone an opportunity to win the Super Bowl.

Second, you are really speaking in 'what ifs'.
    Eli Manning beat probably one of the best teams in NFL history (2007 Patriots). The Ravens haven't beat any team even close to as good as them.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Eli Manning beat probably one of the best teams in NFL history (2007 Patriots). The Ravens haven't beat any team even close to as good as them.
    The broncos were considered the best team in the nfl this year by a lot of pundits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    The broncos were considered the best team in the nfl this year by a lot of pundits.

There's a lot of teams who are the "best team this year," there are exactly 2 teams who have gone undefeated. 2007 Patriots are one of them.

Blog Entries
    There's a lot of teams who are the "best team this year," there are exactly 2 teams who have gone undefeated. 2007 Patriots are one of them.
    Not comparing the teams just saying the ravens can only beat who is in front of them. And one of the key players from the 07 Patriots still plays btw and he's still pretty good. Ill give you a hint his name rhymes with lady.

Not comparing the teams just saying the ravens can only beat who is in front of them. And one of the key players from the 07 Patriots still plays btw and he's still pretty good. Ill give you a hint his name rhymes with lady.

I was just replying to his statement that none of the Qb's (Eli included) had the type of run that Flacco had. That's not true. Flacco beat some good teams, but Eli beat better teams. Doesn't take anything away from Flacco's performance so far.

Blog Entries
    I was just replying to his statement that none of the Qb's (Eli included) had the type of run that Flacco had. That's not true. Flacco beat some good teams, but Eli beat better teams. Doesn't take anything away from Flacco's performance so far.
    Flacco could set a nfl record for most tds thrown with no picks. Eli wasn't in that category.

Flacco could set a nfl record for most tds thrown with no picks. Eli wasn't in that category.

He needs to throw 4 TD's which is highly unlikely (he's never done that this season). But again, Eli was playing against better teams (at least in the Super Bowl).

Blog Entries

I think that year was also a decent indicator of how a team like the Patriots can run the table on a relatively easy schedule.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I think that year was also a decent indicator of how a team like the Patriots can run the table on a relatively easy schedule.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    They beat 4 division champs, (Colts, Chargers, Steelers, Cowboys) along with the Super Bowl champs (Giants).