Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: A thought I had...

Kinda funny how some have changed their tune.

PP

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    Kinda funny how some have changed their tune.

PP
    I was wondering where you were PP. As I initiated this thread I was curious how long before you'd post in it.

I don't dislike Flacco to the magnitude of your feelings towards him though. I'm not ready to say that his ship has sailed.

However, I believe now that Flacco just really needs a good supporting cast offensively. The reality is, MOST QB's in the NFL need a good supporting cast around them. Hell, even some of the best QB performances of all time have come from teams with outstanding OL play.

I really think that if they fix the OL this off-season and can get the ground game going, then Flacco will be good to go.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I was wondering where you were PP. As I initiated this thread I was curious how long before you'd post in it.

I don't dislike Flacco to the magnitude of your feelings towards him though. I'm not ready to say that his ship has sailed.

However, I believe now that Flacco just really needs a good supporting cast offensively. The reality is, MOST QB's in the NFL need a good supporting cast around them. Hell, even some of the best QB performances of all time have come from teams with outstanding OL play.

I really think that if they fix the OL this off-season and can get the ground game going, then Flacco will be good to go.
    Thanks for wondering where I was wicked.

Appreciate it.

My feelings toward Flacco don't include the word "dislike".

I just don't think he's all that good.

I called him a slighty above average QB a few months ago and people on this board lost their minds.

It's par for the course buddy.

The guy made a throw today that changed the entire game.

Of course, the HC should've called a time out as well.

But it's really just more of the same isn't it?

Somehow the OL, the WR, the coaches get slammed (and deservedly so) yet the QB somehow continues to receive excuses.

This entire offense is a complete mess. And that includes the freakin QB. Why is it so hard for some people to just say that Joe Flacco isn't that good?

PP

Blog Entries

Thanks for wondering where I was wicked.

Appreciate it.

My feelings toward Flacco don't include the word "dislike".

I just don't think he's all that good.

I called him a slighty above average QB a few months ago and people on this board lost their minds.

It's par for the course buddy.

The guy made a throw today that changed the entire game.

Of course, the HC should've called a time out as well.

But it's really just more of the same isn't it?

Somehow the OL, the WR, the coaches get slammed (and deservedly so) yet the QB somehow continues to receive excuses.

This entire offense is a complete mess. And that includes the freakin QB. Why is it so hard for some people to just say that Joe Flacco isn't that good?

PP
    Because he has been the best QB this team has had...well...ever. it is hard to look at what he has accomplished in a young career and think that he cant be the real deal. It is hard to look at his performance in Pittsburgh last year or in the AFCCG and think that he cant he the real deal.

Some of the best players go through up's and down's...i'm just hoping that the front office and coaching staff address these personnel issues this off-season.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Because he has been the best QB this team has had...well...ever. it is hard to look at what he has accomplished in a young career and think that he cant be the real deal. It is hard to look at his performance in Pittsburgh last year or in the AFCCG and think that he cant he the real deal.

Some of the best players go through up's and down's...i'm just hoping that the front office and coaching staff address these personnel issues this off-season.

You are correct.

He is the best QB this team has ever had.

But that doesn't mean he's all that good.

I stated this on another thread. I honestly believe that since the Ravens have had such shit QBs over the years that many people view Flacco as something more than he is.

I hope the FO gets their crap together and starts really fixing the ills of this team. And there are many. There is a serious lack of talent at many positions.

PP

Blog Entries

You are correct.

He is the best QB this team has ever had.

But that doesn't mean he's all that good.

I stated this on another thread. I honestly believe that since the Ravens have had such shit QBs over the years that many people view Flacco as something more than he is.

I hope the FO gets their crap together and starts really fixing the ills of this team. And there are many. There is a serious lack of talent at many positions.

PP
    Agreed and it has been in the spotlight big time this year.

I'm not afraid to admit when I'm wrong. At this point, I am absolutely questioning whether I was wrong about Flacco--I believed that he was a very good quarterback who was being held back by a lot of factors, and once those factors were improved or mitigated he would substantially improve.

I'm no fool. Today, there were still a lot of factors that impeded Flacco's ability to perform at a high level--chiefly the domination of his offensive line. The OL was just garbage today and he never was able to get comfortable. But he's been able to play at a high level at home when his OL wasn't dominant before--he did it vs. Cincinnati earlier in the year. Why can't he do that again? Because he doesn't seem consistent enough mentally.

I really am trying not to let the game today color my evaluation too much. But he made a number of throws that an NFL QB simply can't make... and he destroyed our chance to win the game with the pick-six. He can still improve, he can still get better. But I'm not holding my breath. I think he's average to above average at this point.

How many of the 53 that started the season on the active roster will end the year on the active roster without having missed one or more games?

People are talking about Harbaugh losing the locker room?

How about Flacco losing the offense?

Do you see the body language of the offensive players, their expressions on the sideline. Flacco is not their leader.. they are not charging into battle with him. Boldin has stopped running routes because he is so tired of Flacco not being able to hit spots.

On the first series of the game Flacco fumbles
    On the second series he misses a WIDE open Tandon Doss on third down.

He is constantly late high and behind his receivers

You wonder why the Ravens don't run quick slants and crossing patterns?

Flacco isn't accurate enough to make the throws with the necessary consistency.

So now Flacco got Cameron fired.

Boller got Cavanaugh, Fossil, and I can't remember who else fired.

Boller was a bad college QB who Ozzie saw something in. (outsmarted himself)

Flacco is a division II QB who Ozzie saw something in. (outsmarted himself)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    How many of the 53 that started the season on the active roster will end the year on the active roster without having missed one or more games?
    Flacco Rice Oher Boldin Torrey Leach KO Birk Jacoby McClellan Ed Cary Upshaw Art ...and I think that may be it as far as the starters...

Quote Originally Posted by webbrick2007 View Post
    Let's not get too far carried away. Cam Cameron got HIMSELF fired. Even if it proves to be true that Cam wasn't "holding Flacco back," the guy was still a terrible offensive coordinator.

If he was so wary of Flacco, then why did he keep the ball out of Ray Rice's hands whenever he had the chance? Why didn't he give Flacco any easy throws? Why didn't he simplify the offense? Why did the wide receivers look so terrible all the time?

Yeah, I don't think you can just throw up your hands after one game and say the Cam firing was a mistake, media notwithstanding.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by webbrick2007 View Post
    People are talking about Harbaugh losing the locker room?

How about Flacco losing the offense?

Do you see the body language of the offensive players, their expressions on the sideline. Flacco is not their leader.. they are not charging into battle with him. Boldin has stopped running routes because he is so tired of Flacco not being able to hit spots.

On the first series of the game Flacco fumbles
    On the second series he misses a WIDE open Tandon Doss on third down.

He is constantly late high and behind his receivers

You wonder why the Ravens don't run quick slants and crossing patterns?

Flacco isn't accurate enough to make the throws with the necessary consistency.

Boller got Cavanaugh, Fossil, and I can't remember who else fired.

Boller was a bad college QB who Ozzie saw something in. (outsmarted himself)

Flacco is a division II QB who Ozzie saw something in. (outsmarted himself)
    I gotta call bullcrap on that one. When Flacco is on, he's deadly accurate and he can make every throw. Accuracy isn't his problem. Accuracy under pressure is his problem. When faced with pressure, Flacco folds like a lawn chair. Flacco isn't the type of QB that you can surround with anything and he'll find a way to make it work. He needs above average talent at every position.