Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is it time to bring Hamilton or Kindle off the PS?

And before you kill me from the title hear me out. Our lacking of athleticism is glaring and no matter what Pees draws up guys either arent winning one on ones or arent getting there. Im not saying Hamilton or Kindle or world beaters and in Kindle's case obviously isnt a good pash rusher but these guys are athletes that can close on a QB. I think bringing up either one and at least giving them some 3rd downs snaps where Pees can try to draw up direct lines to the QB whether its off the edge on a overload or from pressure right up the middle. We desperately need more athleticism on the field.

Re: Is it time to bring Hamilton or Kindle off the PS?

Is it time? Yes. Will it happen? No.

If they were any good they'd already be playing, especially Kindle, who cleared waivers.

The defensive CRAP that the Raven's are putting on the field won't work against Pittsburgh, Denver, and San Diego

I only hope Marvin Lewis gets fired by the Bengals and the Ravens bring him back to run the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    Is it time? Yes. Will it happen? No.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    If they were any good they'd already be playing, especially Kindle, who cleared waivers.
    Didnt say they were better but clearly more athletic on a defense void of athletes. Even if they were better it would be tough sledding for them to play behind Suggs, and 2nd round pick in Upshaw, an ascending edge setter, a former 2nd round pick in Kruger. The fact of the matter is none of these guys are getting it done as far as pass rushers except Suggs and something most certaintly needs to change. As far as Kindle im not defending him but the fact that he cleared waivers isn't the indictment on him your trying to make it. He hasnt played, the only people who have seen him are in the castle. Who would release a player from their 53 man roster mid-season to grab an unknown? Again not saying either guy should get heavy snaps but a few a game on 3rd downs i dont think would hurt and could possible help our blitz packages.

Like I said, if they were ANY good, they'd be playing.

The league is filled with good athletes, it doesn't mean they'd give us a better chance to win.

The league is filled with good athletes, it doesn't mean they'd give us a better chance to win.
    And, being that we're winning, hard to justify rolling the dice with relative unknowns like Hamilton and Kindle.

Blog Entries

Art Jones, Upshaw, Ellerbe, and Suggs were doing decently as a pass rusher in the 2nd half when Pees was mixing it up.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Do either of them play NT or 3/4 DE? thats what we need.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Art Jones, Upshaw, Ellerbe, and Suggs were doing decently as a pass rusher in the 2nd half when Pees was mixing it up.

I for one am sick of Pee's prevent style defense. Whey doesn't he mix his blitzes and become unpredictable. It is tiring to constantly see the three man rush and think that Pees is the Cameron of the defense. In fact, I piss on Pees.

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleRaven View Post
    I for one am sick of Pee's prevent style defense. Whey doesn't he mix his blitzes and become unpredictable. It is tiring to constantly see the three man rush and think that Pees is the Cameron of the defense. In fact, I piss on Pees.
    What blitz's?

You can give the old "if they were any better they'd already be playing" line and that may be true for Kindle and Hamilton but there is ZERO chance you can convince me that Hall or Tyson wouldn't be better then Cody and Kemoeatu. They are a flat out disgrace. Yes the lack of pass rush is concerning but you can't have 3-4 NT's that can be single blocked every play. This puts tremendous pressure on the rest of your defense. It allows the OL to double both Ngata and Suggs and that makes the lack of pass rush even more noticeable. If this continues they will have to do one of three things next year: 1) draft a NT or get one via FA 2) Move Ngata to NT or 3) Change to a 4-3 (in which case they'll still need DT's via the draft or FA).

Now that I'm done ranting on a side note I did think Arthur Jones played better today and Ellerbe has been playing solid the last couple weeks.