Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Boller Report card?

Many Baltimore fans were spoiled by the Colts having two outstanding "franchise" QBs in Unitas and Jones.
    So this mean we need to be punished with horrid play from the Boller or whoever and except it.

Lets not lose site. We lost the game. He had a horrible first half and also threw an ill advised pass in the second half that led to a TD. there is no way you can give an A for the second half if you actually saw the game.

I'm going C- and thats only because Im in a good mood and see a glimmer of hope. My gut says D but Im grading with my heart.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

I do not think anyone is saying Boller is the be all end all answer to our QB woes. He is the best we have right now. He will be here next year, in a starting position or a backup position (who knows right now). He is a competent QB who when protected can move the ball decently. I personally do not think he is the perfect answer to the problems we face, but given the current QB lineup, he is the best option. I like the guy and think that for the remainder of the season, he is our best bet at not being completely and utterly embarrassed.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Who is the answer then Houston? Who could have taken that beating yesterday?

Seriously, enough of this "oh he isn't the answer" shit. Let's start hearing it. Is Matt Ryan the answer? Is Troy Smith the answer? You think Donovan McNabb could have survived yesterday?

Again, someone please tell me how Boller even had TIME to have happy feet. Because I'm dying to know how you have time with someone in your face every play.
    I agree 100%. My point is on a larger scale. While everone here seems to argue the merits of two mediocre QB's, I wish the debate would shift to the bigger picture of aqddressing the core problems -- the O line, picking BETTER QB's, etc.

While everone is caught in the minutae of which of our two horrible QB's we should start in a losing season, we should be looking at fresh faces to see if we have hidden talent on the team. Maybe Ryan Smith are the answer, maybe they are not. But until we see them in a game situation, we will never really know. Kyle had a few "B" games last seaosn too, but there is NOTHING he has done that has shown he is nothing more then an effective number 2 QB. And Im not going to use what some reader poll has to say when, after 5 years, he has a career rating of 76.2. I dont know who the answer is -- and thats my point! The team doesnt know who the answer is and they're supposed to know!

Mista T, I make no apologies for having high standards and wanting our team to achive them. Wating our team to model the Pats, Colts, etc isnt a bad thing. They have shown the way on how to make a team in this age of the cap. They also have an uncanny eye for talent. Flattery is the sincerest form of flattery and we need to start emulating them NOW! When I see our QB have a barely-modest performance and people all over town give him a satisfied "B", I wanna gouge out my eyes with a rusty spoon.

People need to look around the league and see whats out there. Not much once you get passed the first 5 or 6 QB's. The idea that we can just reach down in the draft and pluck a QB is a pipe dream. Just go back as far as "99 and look at the first round picks Couch , Smith, McNown, Carr, Leftwich, Harrington, Grossman, ect ect . And if we do draft a QB do we rush him and play the kid the first year, very few QB's have been able to handle the pressure right off the bat. I would hate to see us waste a first round draft pick on a QB when we have such a overwhelming need for a corner back or pass rusher.

I give him a D for his 3 turnovers and poor completion pct.

The Kyle Boller we saw Sunday is the Kyle Boller we'll see next year and the years following wherever he ends up.

Hopefully this team can ascend to mediocrity with him.:bag:

By the way, here is something no one has talked about. Since the focus has been on how bad Boller was in the first half, and the offensive line apparently had nothing to do with that........how many rushing yards did McGahee have in the first half? 14 or something like that? How come no one is talking about his 1st half performance?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I agree 100%. My point is on a larger scale. While everone here seems to argue the merits of two mediocre QB's, I wish the debate would shift to the bigger picture of aqddressing the core problems -- the O line, picking BETTER QB's, etc.
    Because for some of us, the O line is turning QB's INTO mediocre. Seriously, everyone rode the Steve McNair train when he got here. And now he's on the verge of hanging his cleats up, and he just doesn't have it anymore. And that happened overnight! Why? Because he's been beaten to death behind this OL! Injured twice! Just like Boller. Boller was injured twice behind this OL.

That is my point Houston. Did Steve McNair just wake up one day and suck? No. And it's the same thing that's happened to Kyle Boller, Chris Redman, Jeff Blake, and Elvis Grbac. The come play behind the Ravens OL and in this putrid "offensive" system, and all of a sudden they turn mediocre.

While everone is caught in the minutae of which of our two horrible QB's we should start in a losing season, we should be looking at fresh faces to see if we have hidden talent on the team. Maybe Ryan Smith are the answer, maybe they are not. But until we see them in a game situation, we will never really know.

I've seen enough QB's come in and out of town to know exactly what will happen. He'll get here. He'll get the crap kicked out of him. And then he'll get gunshy or try to force his play, and he'll end up like the last 7 QB's.

I dont know who the answer is -- and thats my point! The team doesnt know who the answer is and they're supposed to know!
    Bingo. I'll maintain the problem isn't always the QB. And the answer isn't to waste our 1st round pick on another rookie. Well, unless we just draft a running back and direct snap to him all the time.

Wating our team to model the Pats, Colts, etc isnt a bad thing. They have shown the way on how to make a team in this age of the cap. They also have an uncanny eye for talent. Flattery is the sincerest form of flattery and we need to start emulating them NOW! When I see our QB have a barely-modest performance and people all over town give him a satisfied "B", I wanna gouge out my eyes with a rusty spoon.

And what do you think the Pats model themselves after? Protecting the QB and allowing him to make plays. I would take New England's offensive line in a New York Minute!!

Same with the Colts. You saw what's happened to Manning when he doesn't get his pass protection. KC did it to him. San Diego did it to him and won. We've held him down for entire halves by rushing him. When Manning can sit back there for 6 seconds and "eenie-meenie-miney-moe" across the field to his receivers, it's hard to beat.

When our offensive line starts playing like a real NFL offensive line is supposed to, then I will bet you'll see better QB play from Boller, or whoever is back there. Otherwise you'll keep seeing the same thing you saw Sunday.

Hell, with our OL the way it's been, I'm starting to be very thankful we didn't draft Byron Leftwich. He didn't exactly turn out to be that franchise QB either as we are seeing. He would have gotten rolled out in a hearse playing here.

7. Re: Boller Report card?

When I see our QB have a barely-modest performance and people all over town give him a satisfied "B", I wanna gouge out my eyes with a rusty spoon.

Well then, maybe you should

I'll give him a C+ as well, but unfortunately it was against the worst pass defense int he league, not the New England Patriots. If against them, he would have a lot more promise. A C+ against a 30+ ranked pass defense projects to probably and F- against a top 5 pass defense.

I'll give him a C+ as well, but unfortunately it was against the worst pass defense int he league, not the New England Patriots. If against them, he would have a lot more promise. A C+ against a 30+ ranked pass defense projects to probably and F- against a top 5 pass defense
    Thats a money post right there.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Wink Re: Boller Report card?

Mista T, I make no apologies for having high standards and wanting our team to achive them. Wating our team to model the Pats, Colts, etc isnt a bad thing. They have shown the way on how to make a team in this age of the cap. They also have an uncanny eye for talent. Flattery is the sincerest form of flattery and we need to start emulating them NOW! When I see our QB have a barely-modest performance and people all over town give him a satisfied "B", I wanna gouge out my eyes with a rusty spoon.
    So, don't you think we all have high standards?

I happen to have liked the team's priorities ("Defense wins championsips", per Oz) up until there was a tilt in the budget towards the offense in 2006. Two big deals for offensive players -- McNair and McGahee -- cost the team a lot of draft picks and cap space, directly or at least partially causing the losses of Pashos, Mulitalo, and Adalius Thomas. I have to wonder where the 2007 team would be with a backfield of Boller & Jamal, last year's OL, and Adalius Thomas pressuring the QB and making monster plays again. I would like to see the tilt go back to the Defense. I would be happy for the Ravens to return to a top 2 or 3 Defense, starting with drafting a couple CBs and a DE, play offense not to lose, and win ballgames, rather than invest mega-millions in a rookie QB with a 50/50 chance of being a bust.

maybe you should invest in spoons if you are going to stay a Ravens fan. 12 years of mediocrity at QB -- why would it now change?
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    Thats a money post right there.
    I thought you didn't like hypotheticals Crazy. :whistling:
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    I thought you didn't like hypotheticals Crazy. :whistling:
    Remember who you are talking you Festivus. PP and I were talking about this earlier as he tried to tell us we don't know him.

What a joke.