Page 172 of 333 FirstFirst ... 170171172173174 ... LastLast
Results 2,053 to 2,064 of 3987

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Hopkins' 2012 productivity was incredible, but when I look at his "all-targets" film across six games, there's no element of his game that stands out to me. To me, Hopkins in 2013 would be slower but with better hands and in some cases better routes than Torrey in 2011.

Looking at Allen (size, speed and athleticism), Patton (feet and routes), Studman (routes and hands), Austin (speed, unique quickness, unique vision), Patterson (size and unique YAC) and Wheaton (speed and routes), I know that I'm going to get someone who excels in a particular skill or two or three. Hopkins skill set is balanced, but without at least one aspect of excellence IMO, I'm struggling to project him as even a strong #2, let alone with the #1 projected value that a day 1 WR absolutely must demand...unless you are an all-around unique athlete like Tavon Austin.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Hopkins' 2012 productivity was incredible, but when I look at his "all-targets" film across six games, there's no element of his game that stands out to me. To me, Hopkins in 2013 would be slower but with better hands and in some cases better routes than Torrey in 2011.

Looking at Allen (size, speed and athleticism), Patton (feet and routes), Studman (routes and hands), Austin (speed, unique quickness, unique vision), Patterson (size and unique YAC) and Wheaton (speed and routes), I know that I'm going to get someone who excels in a particular skill or two or three. Hopkins skill set is balanced, but without at least one aspect of excellence IMO, I'm struggling to project him as even a strong #2, let alone with the #1 projected value that a day 1 WR absolutely must demand...unless you are an all-around unique athlete like Tavon Austin.
    My only issue is with Wr's it's harder to get a read on who will translate in the pro's as DeCosta and Ozzie has said. Plus, Clemson played in the weak ACC vs poor defenses and had a great ground game, versatile QB and he isnt even the best WR on his team, Watkins is by a long shot. He has alot of risk for a first rounder, only my opinion. Thier are safer bets.

Blog Entries

Sorry but unless we cut both Jacoby and Boldin, I wouldn't like a wide out in the first round at all. If they want to go WR, why not just take a Markus Wheaton in the 2nd round?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    IIRC, cutting Birk would cost more than keeping him. May not be worth it.
    I'm pretty sure the savings are 2.05, with 1.4 dead money to account for in 2013.

I won't reveal my draft hopes for the Ravens because it would spoil the surprise in the boardwide draft when I pick, but I will say that unless one of the elite top 10 type receivers fall, I'm unlikely to go in that direction.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Sorry but unless we cut both Jacoby and Boldin, I wouldn't like a wide out in the first round at all. If they want to go WR, why not just take a Markus Wheaton in the 2nd round?
    If they could get a handle on his off-field issues, I think Da'Rick Rogers might end up a solid pick in round 2 or 3. By all reports, he's got the size, speed, hands and no fear about going over the middle. His combine will be worth watching.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    If the price was right and we had the cap space, I'd love to bring him in...I think he is more than just a nickel backer...he can start, we'd just have to keep him clean...we'd have our thumper in Ellerbe.

I'd prefer him over McClain...BTW, speaking of McClain, I read an article a while ago where his injury may be career threatening.
    That would be terrible for McClain. Hopefully he can make a full recovery, but better to call it quits while you can still walk if his back is that jacked up.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    If they could get a handle on his off-field issues, I think Da'Rick Rogers might end up a solid pick in round 2 or 3. By all reports, he's got the size, speed, hands and no fear about going over the middle. His combine will be worth watching.
    I really like Rogers the player. Rogers the person seems to have some issues.

Do you know how badly you have to fuck up to get kicked out of Tennessee? I mean, that takes some major doing. Especially if you are a starter and a star player.

I love Rogers' size (6'3" 210lbs) and his hands. He makes some tough grabs and isn't afraid of going over the middle. Nice speed for his size too, but he's not a track star.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    why?

If they feel that DeAndre Hopkins or someone of that ilk is worth a 1st round pick, then who are we to second guess that?

Here is the thing that needs to be asked when considering a 1st round WR...would they be an upgrade over Doss/Jones/Thompson/Streeter/LaQuan/Reed?

If so, then it might not be a bad idea because the Ravens really only have 1 (legitimate) starting caliber guy who can line up on the outside and that's Torrey. Jacoby isn't bad as long as he's running deep patterns.

I would rather us go a different direction in round 1, but we could do a lot worse than DeAndre Hopkins (if that were to happen). He would be able to do pretty much everything Boldin already does, but he has better speed and quickness.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    My only issue is with Wr's it's harder to get a read on who will translate in the pro's as DeCosta and Ozzie has said. Plus, Clemson played in the weak ACC vs poor defenses and had a great ground game, versatile QB and he isnt even the best WR on his team, Watkins is by a long shot. He has alot of risk for a first rounder, only my opinion. Thier are safer bets.
    Hopkins was the chain-mover/YAC guy.

Watkins was straight up speed. Those two complimented each other very well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post

And Keenan Allen could very well be their choice. Cordarelle Patterson is ridiculously athletic, but his rawness worries me...at least as a 1st rounder.

I think Someone like Allen, Patton, Rogers, Bailey, and Hopkins would be an excellent compliment to Torrey.

However, I'm not so sure that they would go WR in round 1 unless it was a top flight prospect...and frankly, there are no top flight WR prospects in this draft (IMO). There are a lot of good receivers, but no real standout's from my perspective.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    If he is right player at the right price, he is worth a look and brings experience. As a team you dont want to be too young.
    I'd rather get Darryl Smith.