Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Remaining Free Agents

a little more on D Williams. He will sign somewhere, either around camp or after that dreaded injury bug hits.

http://nfltraderumors.co/deangelo-wi...rowns-jaguars/

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    a little more on D Williams. He will sign somewhere, either around camp or after that dreaded injury bug hits.

http://nfltraderumors.co/deangelo-wi...rowns-jaguars/
    I'd take him over T-west.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    If Flacco got a concussion and had to be pulled in the first quarter of a game, you'd want Mallett going out there, not Kaepernick. You can, generally speaking, run the same gameplan you installed all week with Mallett at QB as you can with Flacco. If you have Kaepernick, your entire gameplan is fucked and thrown out the window if Flacco gets hurt midgame.

That's not even to go into the fact that Mallett is better than Kaepernick, and the fact that the franchise isn't going to bring in a PR headache like Kaepernick for a position that isn't that important to them given Joe doesn't miss games for bullshit.

I don't really have interest in anyone here. I don't know a lot about the FA RTs but that's what I'd be looking at, along with maybe bringing Boldin in given the state of their TE corps and that he could fill that short-mid range, middle of the field pass catcher role like Pitta was last year.
    Being an immature kid reading that fast I read that as farts. now back to your regularly scheduled program

Quote Originally Posted by iceman43 View Post
    Being an immature kid reading that fast I read that as farts. now back to your regularly scheduled program
    I did the same thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    I know Steve Bisciotti said we're saving "one last bullet" for something on the offensive line, so I don't expect any splash signings, but I was just wondering what you all thought would be some good FA pick ups? I used this list: http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/clubh.../fa/free-agent

In particular, some guys I think would fit well:
    • Kaepernick for backup QB because of the Greg Roman connection, assuming the price is right
    • DeAngelo Williams as a bruiser/goal-line back. I think he did great filling in for Bell last year and we could use him in a LaGarrette Blount type role. 4 RBs is a bit much, but I think he's enough of a playmaker to warrant it and he compliments the others well.
    • Vincent Jackson for endzone target. I don't know why he's still unsigned, but having a 6'5" receiver with good hands, even if he's lost some speed, would be helpful given the uncertainty at tight end. He missed last year with an ACL.
    • Nick Mangold, enough has been said about him already. Health is the main concern.
    • Mario Williams, because hey, why not? I also like Dwight Freeney but I think we have a good stable of young pass rushers.
    • Rey Maualuga in case Correa doesn't pan out as hoped. Or possibly bring back Daryl Smith.
    • Leon Hall or Corey Graham because Jimmy's going to go down at some point and we don't know if Marlon will be ready to step in and we need to save Webb for slot (in case Canady or Boykin don't work out) or back up safety duties.
    he is more of a slasher that's why he did good spelling Bell as he is a different type of back.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    That's true. He visited Buffalo after Baltimore and nothing after that.

I still think he reached an agreement with the Oz man and is waiting till later to sign.

Baltimore has 6.8M in cap space. That's enough to get something done.
    I agree. And he knows MM playbook

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    I know Steve Bisciotti said we're saving "one last bullet" for something on the offensive line, so I don't expect any splash signings, but I was just wondering what you all thought would be some good FA pick ups? I used this list: http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/clubh.../fa/free-agent

In particular, some guys I think would fit well:
    • Kaepernick for backup QB because of the Greg Roman connection, assuming the price is right
    • DeAngelo Williams as a bruiser/goal-line back. I think he did great filling in for Bell last year and we could use him in a LaGarrette Blount type role. 4 RBs is a bit much, but I think he's enough of a playmaker to warrant it and he compliments the others well.
    • Vincent Jackson for endzone target. I don't know why he's still unsigned, but having a 6'5" receiver with good hands, even if he's lost some speed, would be helpful given the uncertainty at tight end. He missed last year with an ACL.
    • Nick Mangold, enough has been said about him already. Health is the main concern.
    • Mario Williams, because hey, why not? I also like Dwight Freeney but I think we have a good stable of young pass rushers.
    • Rey Maualuga in case Correa doesn't pan out as hoped. Or possibly bring back Daryl Smith.
    • Leon Hall or Corey Graham because Jimmy's going to go down at some point and we don't know if Marlon will be ready to step in and we need to save Webb for slot (in case Canady or Boykin don't work out) or back up safety duties.
    Fuck Kaepernick, he is a cancer. too much drama for a fuckin back up.

Taking a slightly different approach, how about a trade? We COULD be so close that a 3rd or 4th for a decent C might make sense. The Texans have two 2nd year Cs . . .
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    Taking a slightly different approach, how about a trade? We COULD be so close that a 3rd or 4th for a decent C might make sense. The Texans have two 2nd year Cs . . .
    That would make sense would Houston do it tho?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

From what I heard, Kaep is moving on from his NFL career. He came out with a statement at one point or someone spoke to him. I don't remember exactly.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    Nick Martin was a really good C prospect. His older brother is Zach Martin of the Cowboys who is great. Nick just seems to be hurt a lot since he was drafted. I can't see the Texans looking to give up their depth unless they are 100% certain that Martin is healthy and will stay that way.

What I like to do is look at which teams drafted a Center and have an expensive or older Center on the roster. The Vikings took Pat Elflein in the 3rd. They have Nick Easton on their roster who was someone who didn't make it out of Ravens camp a couple of years ago and we traded him to the 49ers for a conditional 7th. Maybe the Ravens would try to trade for Easton this time?

Pocic who went to the Seahawks is going to play Tackle. They have a horrible o-line anyway

The Bengals took a Center in the 5th but I can't see them trading with us. They lost so many lineman to free agency anyway that I doubt they would move anyone who can remotely play.

The Redskins and Packers took Centers very late in the draft so no guarantees there either

Just not too many options that I can see. That's probably why the Ravens had no problem moving their own Center who wasn't that cheap.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    From what I heard, Kaep is moving on from his NFL career. He came out with a statement at one point or someone spoke to him. I don't remember exactly.
    good for Kap his life have taken a whole different approach I applaud him he has done more already.