Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Leach, Suggs & Ngata are 1st team All-Pros

Houston has the best Oline in the league IMO; at least in the AFC. Not sure why they don't get more accolades.

Congrats to the Ravens who made it.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by DkBlue View Post
    The fix is in with all 50 voters, no question. No idea why this guy Polamalu gets any attention at all.....
    Tell me what Troy Polamalu has done in 2011 to be named one of the 2 best safeties in the NFL, other than being on a lot of commercials and getting fellated by the national media week after week.

He didn't have a TURNOVER (FF OR Int) until WEEK 14. he was the ONLY DB in the entire league to not have one by week 12.

While you are at it make your case for Pouncey this year, or last year. or any year.

You really don't want to get into this argument with me, because I will smash you with the facts like I have done many times before homer.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post
    Tell me what Troy Polamalu has done in 2011 to be named one of the 2 best safeties in the NFL, other than being on a lot of commercials and getting fellated by the national media week after week.

He didn't have a TURNOVER (FF OR Int) until WEEK 14. he was the ONLY DB in the entire league to not have one by week 12.

While you are at it make your case for Pouncey this year, or last year. or any year.

You really don't want to get into this argument with me, because I will smash you with the facts like I have done many times before homer.
    You cited PFF against Pouncey, so I'll cite them for Polamalu:

The most worrying thing for all teams in the AFC? How well Polamalu is playing right now. As well as ever, and with the kind of intensity that makes you think he’s got one or two game changing plays in him.
    http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...-all-pro-team/

Don't get how Yanda didn't get in the first team, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    You cited PFF against Pouncey, so I'll cite them for Polamalu:

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...-all-pro-team/

Don't get how Yanda didn't get in the first team, personally.
    So what are they claiming on Polamalu this year? That is pretty vague. He is playing well?

He might have a "play or two in him" but they haven't shown up on the field yet, that is for sure.

Either way if they say he is playing well I will go with it, the one I am really pissed about was Pouncey. And I guarantee you won't find any objective site saying he should be anywhere near the All pro team.

Blog Entries

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...r-of-the-year/

There's more there.

I agree on Pouncey. It's a bit ridiculous that he was basically declared a pro-bowler before he even played a down and his level of play just isn't deserving of it. He's not even the best Center in the division, let alone the conference, let alone the whole NFL!

I agree Polamalu has done crap all year

Blog Entries

Here we go again, looking at individual statistics and determining that one player is this and that.

What SS has played better than Troy? We've all seen what that defense is like without him. They go to pieces.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post

You have been quite a smasher. I remember some of your posts bragging about hunting down Steeler's fans at the games and harrassing them and then stealing and burning towels. You are obviously quite the fan.

Blog Entries

Hair's turnovers are down this year but his tackles are up by a mile compared to the past few years. He's been a tackling machine.

Full disclosure; it was funny watching the Benglas throw that TD pass right over him while he just stood there... not sure what was up with that.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

The Steelers won twelves games, while their offense put out performances that Ravens fans would roast Flacco and Cameron for. Troy has been a major reason for that. Woodley has been hurt. Harrison has been hurt. Keisel has been hurt. Troy has been the one constant.

Until you can name me a SS that has had that type of impact this year, I am sticking with the idea that Troy Polamalu is a first team All-Pro.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Here we go again, looking at individual statistics and determining that one player is this and that.

What SS has played better than Troy? We've all seen what that defense is like without him. They go to pieces.
    Bernard Pollard? I'd argue he's made a lot more big time plays this season than Polamalu has...could be that Pollard has passes thrown in his direction though.

Tyvon Branch had 109 tackles, 1 sack, 1 INT, and 1 FR. He led all SS's in tackles.
    Yeremiah Bell had 107 tackles, 5 passes defensed, 2 sacks, and 1 INT.
    George Wilson had 106 tackles, 10 passes defensed, and 4 INT's. He had a hell of a year.
    Kam Chancellor had 97 tackles, 16 PD's, 2 sacks, 2 FF, 1 FR, and 4 INT's. Also had a couple of helmet-to-helmet calls.
    Roman Harper had 75 tackles and almost 8 sacks.
    Charlie Peprah had 15 PD's, 1 FF, and 5 INT's.
    Kenny Phillips had 15 PD's and 4 INT's and 1 FF.

Honestly, IMO, George Wilson and Kam Chancellor were the two best SS's in the NFL this past year. I watched a few Buffalo games and Wilson is really REALLY underrated.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Pollard is the real reason why there have been more big plays against this defense than normal.