Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sage Rosenfels

Thumbs down Re: Sage Rosenfels

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Tyrod Taylor is better than Rosenfels.

Write that down.
    You can write it, but it would be pure b.s.

Rosenfels would be a great pickup at this time. If Flacco were to be injured, our season would be in jeopardy behind a rookie QB with no NFL experience. Sage would be a good insurance policy.

McNabb has been washed up for three seasons.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Re: Sage Rosenfels

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post

Rosenfels would be a great pickup at this time. If Flacco were to be injured, our season would be in jeopardy behind a rookie QB with no NFL experience. Sage would be a good insurance policy.

At least Tyrod can run. We could just turn into the Denver broncos

The guy who could come in here and win us a Superbowl if Flac goes down doesn't exist. Maaaaaybe Marc Bulger if our D goes on an absolute tear and Ray Rice puts it into permanent beast mode.

But trying to integrate a brand new qb to our offense right in the middle of a playoff push? Forget it, we're better off letting Tyrod play and potentially impress someone enough that he nets us an early draft pick.

And as was said, at least Tyrod can run.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by RavNMadMan View Post
    Good point. The ever thinning list of healthy starting QBs bodes well for Sage and McNabb. They probably get picked up....but I don't think the Ravens are in the mix.
    McNabb may or may not get picked up. He's been in a steady decline for the past few years, and was relegated to 3rd string QB in Minnesota - behind Joe Freakin Webb! Obviously, there's a lot more going on there than just poor play. When Philadelphia, Washington, and Minnesota don't want you as a QB, even a backup one, that's kind of an indication that you're toast.

Of course, he still might get picked up... one never knows.

Blog Entries

Is it really pure BS though? Really?

I'm not so sure.

Every game I've seen Rosenfels play he has been TERRIBLE. I'd take Kyle Boller over Rosenfels.

If they wanted to go after a vet QB then there are better options...namely Jeff Garcia and Trent Edwards.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

In Jeopardy? I don't care who we have at backup out of that list, if Joe goes down so does our season! Sage is no going to win us a ring and neither is Tyrod...so why waste the money?
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

Quote Originally Posted by Beerracuda View Post
    McNabb may or may not get picked up. He's been in a steady decline for the past few years, and was relegated to 3rd string QB in Minnesota - behind Joe Freakin Webb! Obviously, there's a lot more going on there than just poor play. When Philadelphia, Washington, and Minnesota don't want you as a QB, even a backup one, that's kind of an indication that you're toast.

Of course, he still might get picked up... one never knows.
    Well I did say probably. I dispute the "toast" adjective however. The teams that didn't want him all suck actually. He wanted out of Minny by the way. I'm not saying in any way that McNabb is a great QB (now) but I'm betting a few teams are looking at him.

Blog Entries

Flacco goes down so does our SB chances. we could still win a playoff game with tyrod as there isnt much tape on him, but winning two would be a dream in my mind. Luckily Flacco is an Iron Man. 2nd longest streak in the NFL after Eli I believe?
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    At least Tyrod can run. We could just turn into the Denver broncos
    Who's ready to start TYRODMANIA?! Double option wing-T wishbone left on two! We're - gonna - party like it's - nine - teen - twen - tee - nine! :ww:

Wait... guys... guys! I was kidding! Oh Lord what have I done?

Seriously though, if we lose Joe we're in trouble no matter what. If Rosenfels is some tiny amount better than Tyrod (which I don't even believe) it's not worth a roster spot to achieve that difference, because I don't want to cut Tyrod, nor do I want to let go any of our other 53 men to make room for Sage.

Lots of Sage advice on this thread.

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

If Flacco goes down so does our season. Rosenfels might ...might ... be a better option than Tyrod, but by what margin? Neither guy would get us to the SB. Might as well stick with what we have.

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    Lots of Sage advice on this thread.

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

If Flacco goes down so does our season. Rosenfels might ...might ... be a better option than Tyrod, but by what margin? Neither guy would get us to the SB. Might as well stick with what we have.
    Sometimes I think Mista T is just being Skip Bayless. Anyone with half a brain knows that Sage Rosenfels with absolutely no knowledge of the Ravens offense would be a worse option than Tyrod Taylor in the event Flacco goes down. As others have said, there are no upgrades out there right now. Or they wouldn't be out there.

I'm not sure I agree with all of you who say that McNabb is washed up. I'd like to see him in an atmosphere where he has a chance for success first. Washington last year and Minnesota this year were death sentences. Let's see how he does if he gets a chance to start in Chicago or Houston before we totally write him off.