PFF: 2011 Cornerback numbers

QB-Beaters

Lastly, we’re going to give you two tables that show what a quarterback’s rating looks like when they throw at a certain cornerback. Again, you have Revis at the top, with Gamble and Taylor making appearances in the Top 5, but I also get to mention Asante Samuel and the highly impressive Lardarius Webb for the first time. Here are the lowest (and best) 10 ratings:

Rank Name Team NFL Rating
    1 Darrelle Revis NYJ 45.6
    2 Asante Samuel PHI 52.4
    3 Chris Gamble CAR 53.3
    4 Ike Taylor PIT 54.8
    5 Lardarius Webb BLT 56.2
    6 Richard Sherman SEA 57.3
    7 Patrick Robinson NO 59.3
    8 Brandon Carr KC 61.7
    9 Carlos Rogers SF 61.9
    10 Brent Grimes ATL 62.9

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...-2011-numbers/

Webby has just been awesome this year.

Re: PFF: 2011 Cornerback numbers

Now that he is fully healthy, he has picked up where he left off his rookie season! I just hope he can stay healthy, and continue to be a top corner for us!

Ummmm No Johnathan Joseph? Hmmmm, what a surprise......... NO not really. I mean one guy didn't give up a TD all season, really? 0 Touchdowns all season!

How Webbie didn't make the pro bowl is beyond me.

On another note, these are very telling stats as well.
    Rank Name Team TA Rec
    1 Jabari Greer NO 121 67
    2 Eric Wright DET 120 75
    3 Jason McCourty TEN 117 71
    4 Charles Tillman CHI 115 67
    5 Patrick Peterson ARZ 113 67
    6 Cary Williams BLT 111 58
    7 Tim Jennings CHI 110 63
    8 Corey Webster NYG 108 61
    9 Tramon Williams GB 108 61
    10 Carlos Rogers SF 106 56
    Rank Name Team TA Rec Yds
    1 Tramon Williams GB 108 61 1034
    2 Devin McCourty NE 101 62 1004
    3 Patrick Peterson ARZ 113 67 869
    4 DeAngelo Hall WAS 94 63 858
    5 Charles Tillman CHI 115 67 850
    6 Eric Wright DET 120 75 842
    7 Brandon Browner SEA 95 54 830
    8 Cary Williams BLT 111 58 822
    9 Aaron Ross NYG 84 57 811
    10 Kyle Arrington NE 100 54 810
    For being thrown at that much, the amount of reception he's given up is quite good. Although if you go by yards, he still gives up big plays, and gives up a ton of yardage to the other team.

If Cary has even average ball skills to go along with his size and speed, he would be a Corner to be reckoned with. The way it is now, teams throw at him because they know its either gonna be incomplete or caught. He always seems to be a step behind, and when he gets his hands on the ball, he never makes the play. As much as i get on Cary for not making plays, i have to give him props for where he's come from. He just has to make plays on the ball so teams will stop throwing at him so much. This off season, ball skills, have to be his major focus point, to improve his game.

I really hope we resign Cary, i really think it wont be that difficult to resign him, I honestly don't think he has done enough to earn a better contract from another team, i don't know maybe he has. Hopefully we retain him. I think a better Cary, with a full year of starting under his belt, plus Mr Fantastic himself Webbie, Plus a much improved, 2nd year Smith, with a full NFL offseason under his belt. We could have a nice trio of corners on our hands.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    Ummmm No Johnathan Joseph? Hmmmm, what a surprise......... NO not really. I mean one guy didn't give up a TD all season, really? 0 Touchdowns all season!

How Webbie didn't make the pro bowl is beyond me.

On another note, these are very telling stats as well.

For being thrown at that much, the amount of reception he's given up is quite good. Although if you go by yards, he still gives up big plays, and gives up a ton of yardage to the other team.

If Cary has even average ball skills to go along with his size and speed, he would be a Corner to be reckoned with. The way it is now, teams throw at him because they know its either gonna be incomplete or caught. He always seems to be a step behind, and when he gets his hands on the ball, he never makes the play. As much as i get on Cary for not making plays, i have to give him props for where he's come from. He just has to make plays on the ball so teams will stop throwing at him so much. This off season, ball skills, have to be his major focus point, to improve his game.

I really hope we resign Cary, i really think it wont be that difficult to resign him, I honestly don't think he has done enough to earn a better contract from another team, i don't know maybe he has. Hopefully we retain him. I think a better Cary, with a full year of starting under his belt, plus Mr Fantastic himself Webbie, Plus a much improved, 2nd year Smith, with a full NFL offseason under his belt. We could have a nice trio of corners on our hands.
    Cary Williams has definitely given up a few big plays but I feel like he's had really good position on a lot of them and just missed coming away with a few interceptions. He's had 18 passes defensed on the year with no interceptions. I don't know what the league-wide INT/PD ratio is but it feels like he's due for a pick.

Blog Entries

Cary does a good job breaking on the receiver and hitting him right as he's making the catch and jarring the ball loose.

What Cary doesnt' do a good job on is anticipating the double move and pump fake.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.