Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Notes from May 22 OTA

Never said he had an agenda. Show me the quote where you got that. I said I think he saw what he wanted to see.

I just don't hop on board to whatever someone in the media says because he/she is just another person. If what they say is from an inside source, maybe I take it more to heart, or if its a direct quote from a player or coach, ok

But if its just "Boller looked lost" or whatnot, that lies in the realm of opinion.

Like some people will read Preston and take what he says for "fact". Some people and are upset by the fact that others take it for "fact". Other just disagree with his opinion.

Take me as someone who's willing to disagree with the opinions of media members.

Like I said, last year in camp there were more than a few practices where McNair looked like SH1T but the media review were raving. And so it goes.

Last years season I heard people raving about McNair when, to me, he didn't do more than Trent Dilfer.

Difference of opinion.

Perhaps they moved the restroom at the training facility and Kyle didn’t know where it is now…

I hear it is a big place.
    Keeping the purple flowing way out on the West Coast!

I hear it is a big place.
    K, see for yourself HERE

See... I would get lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaine View Post
    See... I would get lost.
    Wow this thread went to hell in a hurry! Never fails when Boller's name gets mentioned.:grbac:
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Any notes on today's practice?

Boller was clueless again.

j/k...today's practice was not open to the media.

LOL.

On the day you were there,what did you think of Troy Smith?

Troy Smith has the tools but he looked lost at times. He throws a nice pass and squares up well to throw accurately on the run. His release point is high and he plays up on his toes which helps to compensate for his relatively short stature 6'0 1/2". My guess is that if you measured the distance from the ground of Smith's release point, it might be about the same as the significantly taller side armed delivery of Vince Young.

The coaches are throwing a ton of new terminology at the players right now and as a result, the mental processing slows down their playing speed and reaction time, particularly for quarterbacks.

Blog Entries

Thanks for the report, Tony. Great read. My favourite part - Bart Scott to Heap after being beaten to the ball "You made that route up!"

Guys keep this in mind.

I wasn't there. But I've been to these things before. And the problem is...they're really pretty dull practice sessions, and writers HAVE to write something...and everyone sees something different.

I'm not even kidding. It wouldn't shock me if one day Tony (merely an example) writes about how Kyle Boller looked sharp on most of his passes on the same day that Preston or Aaron Wilson said he looked incompetent. Because, depending on which snap you choose, you're right, no matter what.

Keep that in mind. You could go to one of these OTAs and literally choose ANYTHING to write about. But it's an OTA. And everyone is going to see everything differently (for the most part...obviously if Kyle or Steve is like 1-20 in throwing drills, it's going to be apparent).

I could write a story (if I was a writer, that is)about how sharp McNair looked on the same day Tony writes about how he looked off. Neither one of us would be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Nurse View Post
    Wow this thread went to hell in a hurry! Never fails when Boller's name gets mentioned.:grbac:
    I just wanted to defuse another Boller-bashing episode. The guy isn’t my #1 QB in the ‘verse but why do some folk feel the need to pummel the kid every chance they get?

Yeah, more notes on practice?

New terminology, eh? Think it is clues of those possible changes to our O? Younger more athletic line, slashing back… could be a whole new O. Tell me more!